MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Why is discussing the prices scalpers will probably get away will selling a 2022 figure gor, got anything to do with 2023 rumours and discussion?

Hopefully he'll be in another set anyway.

Because it affects 2023 buying/budget plans.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:49 AM, MKJoshA said:

We have a topic for wishlists. It's in my signature. Please use that instead of the news and discussion thread for comments like this.

What signature? i don’t see anything under your post. 

11 hours ago, Gontron said:

But all of the Falcon's figures had modern releases by that point, they were only super detailed versions of themselves. Kuill has never appeared in a set and tbh I don't see him appearing in anything except an Advent Calendar soon. He won't be 150$ but I can see him costing a good chunk of change. 

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but I guess this is confirmation that Lego is going back on their UCS minifigure policy? 

It's a weird mixed point. Technically Leia's costume did exist before, but they always had her in a tan jacket, when her entire outfit was white. The UCS falcon was the first one to have a Leia in her ESB costume in all white, though she appeared with a slightly less detailed version a year after the UCS falcon. I thought it was han's first costume too, but he does appear in his blue jacket in an AT-AT in 2010. On the other hand though, it's a pretty major update to the figure, and it's the first time both Han and Leia had their oxygen masks on. I don't think either are as popular as Kuill, but I also don't think Kuill will be more than around $50, much less $150 like the guy I was responding to said.

I mean, maybe? I could see kuill showing up again somewhere, but the Mythrol is a lot less likely. 

10 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Yeah, I don't really see him being that much.  I'm thinking initially Kuill and Mythrol will be like $40-60, but once the set's been out for some time, it will likely drop.  We saw that with the Cantina figures, and I realize that Ponda Baba or Garindan aren't the same level of popularity as Kuill, but they were also fan-requested characters only available in an expensive D2C set.  I expect the same price occurrence from Cad Bane, honestly, as that set has only been out for a couple of months, so there's plenty of time for that price to drop.  Interestingly, Cad Bane is actually cheaper on Bricklink than P2 Commander Cody, which is REALLY surprising to me, since Commander Cody has been highly requested for probably 5+ years now, the sets are only $20 apart in price, and also the AT-TE still hasn't really shown up in America (at least not at Target/Walmart type store).  

Now, if there's no other release of Kuill, then the price will likely skyrocket once the Razor Crest retires.  I mean, just Lando alone from the Cloud City set is $200, then you've got Boba Fett costing like $125, Han and Leia are each $50+...those four figures already are the original cost of the set plus tax, with a little bit left over...

I agree. I think Kuill might stay around $40 or $50, but mythrol will drop with lack of demand. And like you say, of course retirement will bring their prices back up.

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Really? under his post you should see a picture of a minifigure's head and hair saying "Mick, Corsec, 286 xp", then John 14:6 below that, then a billion links. Are you on Mobile? Does Mobile hide signatures?

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Really? under his post you should see a picture of a minifigure's head and hair saying "Mick, Corsec, 286 xp", then John 14:6 below that, then a billion links. Are you on Mobile? Does Mobile hide signatures?

Nope, it’s not there.  And i noticed other EB users’ signatures are not there too (such as Robert8, Roebuck, etc). Even mine is not shown up. 

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Nope, it’s not there.  And i noticed other EB users’ signatures are not there too (such as Robert8, Roebuck, etc). Even mine is not shown up. 

You can choose whether signatures are visible to you on the signatures page in your Eurobricks account settings. That probably got toggled off somehow.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

On 10/5/2022 at 9:21 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

It does seem to be something turned off when you're on mobile. Here's the set of links you would see on a computer:

Posting on the Star Wars Forum? General | News | Rumors | Wishlists | Media

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here | Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

22 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Some more news coming very soon…

The May D2C set perhaps? Not much left except for that (and the two Mando sets) :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The May D2C set perhaps? Not much left except for that (and the two Mando sets) :shrug_oh_well:

It’s the Tusken Raider Brickheadz 

I never said it was good news ;) 

Either way another brickheadz is a surprise as usually we get one. 

Odd choice too imo unless it’s a BoBF inspired set which I doubt highly. 

56 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s the Tusken Raider Brickheadz 

....what.... why..... there are a billion SW characters and we've had like 10-20 brickheadz... I mean, the origional ones are pretty expensive so even remakes would make sense...

34 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I never said it was good news ;) 

Either way another brickheadz is a surprise as usually we get one. 

Odd choice too imo unless it’s a BoBF inspired set which I doubt highly. 

That's on me for getting excited haha 

6 hours ago, joebiwankenobi said:

Come on people. It's exciting. We don't know which of the three options the Tusken is going to be! The men? The women? Possibly, the children?

It has to be a three-pack. Then we'd have not just the men, but the women and the children too!

On 10/8/2022 at 2:49 PM, JekPorkchops said:

It has to be a three-pack. Then we'd have not just the men, but the women and the children too!

I hate them! 😅

Re: the Kuill conversation, just seen one on eBay for the first time for £59.95 ($66). Same for the Blurgg and Mythrol. Then the same person's selling Mando and Grogu together for £75 ($83). 

Curious to see whether other initial sellers follow that lead. 

Edited by SEmrys

I think the difference with the Cantina from a selling perspective is that it just has so many figs that it would be entirely possible to sell only the figs and make your money back on the purchase price - and still be left with 3000+ bricks to sell/use (or you could sell those 3000+ bricks, make your money back, and get all the figs for free). There isn't a UCS set where people would be willing to pay enough for the figs to make back the purchase price (well, maybe the original Cloud City but that's a unique situation, and yes it's neither UCS nor MBS). Although having said that there's a couple of sellers on Bricklink asking 400 euro for just the figs and accessories - doesn't mean they'll get it of course. Wait and see what the market will bear.

So apparently there will be 40615 Endor Brickheadz pack with 5 brickheadz of Luke, Leia, Lando, Wicket and R2-D2 for 39,99€.

Interestingly Promobricks does not list Jabba'a Palace as a diorama, so it is still uncertain of we get this set or not?? They have the Emporer's Throne Room at 99,99€ and Endor diorama at 79,99 but no info for the 69,99€ set.

Fingers crossed for Jabba's Palace :thumbup:

On 10/10/2022 at 11:19 AM, MaximillianRebo said:

I think the difference with the Cantina from a selling perspective is that it just has so many figs that it would be entirely possible to sell only the figs and make your money back on the purchase price - and still be left with 3000+ bricks to sell/use (or you could sell those 3000+ bricks on https://recyclebrick.net/lego-verkaufen/kiloware/, make your money back, and get all the figs for free). There isn't a UCS set where people would be willing to pay enough for the figs to make back the purchase price (well, maybe the original Cloud City but that's a unique situation, and yes it's neither UCS nor MBS). Although having said that there's a couple of sellers on Bricklink asking 400 euro for just the figs and accessories - doesn't mean they'll get it of course. Wait and see what the market will bear.

True. I would do it exactly like this. Sell on the figs in some years when brick lovers are willing to pay a lot for it and the rest of the bricks can be sold via recyclebrick. This way you should make some extra money. But of course if you love the set you would probably not thinking about selling it :pir_laugh2:

On 10/10/2022 at 10:15 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

So apparently there will be 40615 Endor Brickheadz pack with 5 brickheadz of Luke, Leia, Lando, Wicket and R2-D2 for 39,99€.

Interestingly Promobricks does not list Jabba'a Palace as a diorama, so it is still uncertain of we get this set or not?? They have the Emporer's Throne Room at 99,99€ and Endor diorama at 79,99 but no info for the 69,99€ set.

Fingers crossed for Jabba's Palace :thumbup:

The Brickheadz seem cool. I'm excited for these ROTJ 40th Anniversary sets.

And I wouldn't worry about Jabba's Throne Room. The usual credible sources have reported on its existence, Promobricks probably just hasn't gotten around to updating their site with it yet. It's my most anticipated Star Wars set for next year, mainly because I don't own a Jabba or Boushh, so I'm anxious to learn more about it.

Edited by The Stud

3 minutes ago, The Stud said:

It's my most anticipated Star Wars set for next year, mainly because I don't own a Jabba or Boushh,

Same here!

On 10/12/2022 at 9:59 AM, The Stud said:

...I'm excited for these ROTJ 40th Anniversary sets....

I'm here for a new UCS Lambda Shuttle.