MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Well its also possible that Sloane Will show up in one of the coming shows next year

Edited by Sneakguest

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

an EU character like Sloane

Rae Sloane is Canon, not EU/Legends. 

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Edit: No, wait, there's a short story or something where she meets vader. I never read it but they reference it in one of the books.

10 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Sloane also meets Vader in his meditation chamber on the Executor during the events of the Empire Strikes Back, while the Empire are searching for the Falcon in the Asteroid Field. Which makes a lot of sense why they’d both be in a TIE Bomber set then.

I doubt that this is LEGO’s inspiration for this set; more likely, they just decided to include an obscure-but-popular character, as they have done before. 

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But that said, so is Sloane, unless she would need a new torso. 

Sloane will get a new torso, but I am wondering what her rank will be in the set; after Alderaan, she was a Commodore (5 red over 5 blue), but by Endor, she was an Admiral (6 red over 6 blue). Both versions are seen in Squadrons, so the torso that we get just depends upon LEGO’s choice (and whether Sloane was a late revision to the set, replacing someone like Ozzel or Piett). 🤔

I do hope that we will get a new standard TIE Pilot helmet (since the one with silver stripes is becoming a bit too common), and perhaps a new torso without belt boxes. 

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Squadrons isn't really a game so much as a tech demo to show that they could deliver the experience of flying an X-wing in VR. And they could, and it's great! It's absolutely worth playing if you have a VR headset. If you're just on a PC, probably not so much.

I was on an xbox, so that was probably the issue. (Still, if it wasn't meant to be played on consoles, don't advertise it for them)

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Rae Sloane is Canon, not EU/Legends. 

I know, I've read the books she's in and played squadrons. I said she was from the expanded universe meaning the stuff that wasn't movies and shows, I never said she was legends.

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know, I've read the books she's in and played squadrons. I said she was from the expanded universe meaning the stuff that wasn't movies and shows, I never said she was legends.

Ah, I misunderstood. You said that she was “an EU character”, so I thought that you were referring to the original Expanded Universe (now called Legends). 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ah, I misunderstood. You said that she was “an EU character”, so I thought that you were referring to the original Expanded Universe (now called Legends). 

There's an argument to be made that strictly speaking "Expanded Universe" refers specifically to the collection of media that's now called "Star Wars Legends" and that everything released since 2014 is a single homogeneous canon, and my understanding is that officially that's how Lucasfilm understands the term 'EU', but in practice when people say 'EU' they usually mean "everything other than the movies (and maybe TV shows)" without distinction for whether it's Legends or current canon.

57 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

No problem, I see how that could be confusing. I just kinda carried the legends meaning over to canon, since Legends is Legends now, but I definately get where the confusion comes from.

52 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

everything released since 2014 is a single homogeneous canon

Laughs in ahsoka novel/kanan comic/etc

But yeah, whatever you call it, it's nice to see figs not from the movies or shows thrown into sets. Now, we're a due a TIE advanced too, so let's see one summer 2023 with Cal included. (I mean, it's about the same level of connection as sloane to the bomber, right? I figure that's how vader got to the fortress)

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

There's an argument to be made that strictly speaking "Expanded Universe" refers specifically to the collection of media that's now called "Star Wars Legends" and that everything released since 2014 is a single homogeneous canon, and my understanding is that officially that's how Lucasfilm understands the term 'EU', but in practice when people say 'EU' they usually mean "everything other than the movies (and maybe TV shows)" without distinction for whether it's Legends or current canon.

I use the former definition, and this is actually the first time that I have seen the latter! 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Laughs in ahsoka novel/kanan comic/etc

Regarding the Kanan comic, my headcanon is that Kanan is just misremembering a traumatic event; the basic information and sequence of events are correct (he remembers that Grey tried to kill him, and that he was chased through a forest by red-marked Clones after Depa Billaba was killed), but the exact details are wrong. Also, since the artwork of the comic shows Grey using both a DC-15A carbine and an E-11, depending on the panel, there was a precedent for such discrepancies even before the scene in TCW. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But yeah, whatever you call it, it's nice to see figs not from the movies or shows thrown into sets. Now, we're a due a TIE advanced too, so let's see one summer 2023 with Cal included. (I mean, it's about the same level of connection as sloane to the bomber, right? I figure that's how vader got to the fortress)

Not to turn this into a wishlist, but I can see the next TIE Interceptor being based on Fallen Order (Minifigs would be Cal, Second Sister, a TIE Pilot, and maybe a Purge Trooper Commander). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not to turn this into a wishlist, but I can see the next TIE Interceptor being based on Fallen Order (Minifigs would be Cal, Second Sister, a TIE Pilot, and maybe a Purge Trooper Commander). 

Coincidentally that would be the only way for me to consider buying a new TIE interceptor, since I'm basically satisfied with my 2006 version (just like I don't feel a need to upgrade my 2003 TIE bomber). But yeah, I started playing Fallen Order this week and I already like it more than most Disney era SW content. Rebels and TCW season 7 are the only examples that come to mind that I would prefer above FO.

On 9/15/2022 at 5:14 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Squadrons isn't really a game so much as a tech demo to show that they could deliver the experience of flying an X-wing in VR. And they could, and it's great! It's absolutely worth playing if you have a VR headset. If you're just on a PC, probably not so much.

I truly felt that Squadrons was a side project for something much bigger that's coming.  I genuinely enjoyed Squadrons even though I consider myself a Star Wars purist.  I always wanted to collect the Star Wars UCS sets, and after playing squadrons, it inspired me to start building my Lego collection during Covid, so I ordered every UCS set of ships that were in the game, brand new.  I even caved in and bought the snowspeeder.  Currently, I'm working on a Tie Bomber with ALL the details, including interior details and larger windscreen.  I would like to see the Tie Bomber for a 2023 UCS set and potentially a newer revised, Tie Fighter/Interceptor.  

Also, stepping foot into a Tie FIghter hangar was breathtaking for me. Sitting in the cockpits of these fantastic ships in VR was even more enthralling.  

Edited by A_Jedi_named_Ian

15 hours ago, A_Jedi_named_Ian said:

I truly felt that Squadrons was a side project for something much bigger that's coming.  I genuinely enjoyed Squadrons even though I consider myself a Star Wars purist.

Do you mean storyline-wise or game mechanic-wise? Because storyline-wise I think it’s already a great companion to the Alphabet Squadron trilogy, and works at setting up the Battle of Jakku. There’s not too much story left to tell there, since neither the New Republic nor the First Order have any big conflict for another 23 years or so.

Also what does Star Wars purist even mean? Do you only collect Lego Star Wars and not other themes? And what does that have anything to do with enjoying Squadrons?

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Also what does Star Wars purist even mean? Do you only collect Lego Star Wars and not other themes? And what does that have anything to do with enjoying Squadrons?

I don't want to speak for the guy, but Star Wars purist is a fairly common term, usually meaning people who generally stick to/only like the original films and not the EU.

It'll be interesting to see the new mold for the sniper clone's visor. I hope we get a spare in the set.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't want to speak for the guy, but Star Wars purist is a fairly common term, usually meaning people who generally stick to/only like the original films and not the EU.

Thank you.  

New set rumor, but also potential Mando season 3 spoiler:

Fulcrum put out a rumor that one of the Mando sets is a Grogu/IG-11 mech. MakingStarWars.net rumored that this would appear in season 3 a while back.

Edited by avengers777

1 hour ago, avengers777 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fulcrum put out a rumor that one of the Mando sets is a Grogu/IG-11 mech. MakingStarWars.net rumored that this would appear in season 3 a while back.

Spoiler

Given how they make the AT-RT and Hulkbusters/Igor/Iron monger, I can't wait to see the 300pc mech that's ostensibly the same size as IG-11.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 hours ago, avengers777 said:

Hide contents

This would probably be a summer set if it’s coming. Don’t think it’s the $100 set coming 

Edited by Falconfan1414

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

This would probably be a summer set if it’s coming. Don’t think it’s the $100 set coming 

Maybe it's 75346. It's $35 and releasing in May? 

Edited by avengers777

9 hours ago, avengers777 said:

Hide contents

That's certainly interesting, to say the least. I hope it turns out to be pretty cool in the show and as a LEGO set! I wonder how big the LEGO version will be...  I can see the designers trying their hardest to make it only a little bit larger than the figure and failing miserably and deciding to go with a massive version.

Stonewars mentioned today in an articel that Jabbas Palace will be part of the 2023 Diorama collection. With Jabba, Boushh and probably Bib. Would be so great 😁.

Now THIS is confusing. Very interested to see which set is which.

I hope the Death Star Throne Room is the 70€ one. I can't bear yet another 100€ set of my favourite Star Wars scene. Why can't they just make it cheaper? We don't need the whole arena LEGO.

Jabba's Palace diorama? Shut up and take my money! Stonewars writes that they are pretty confident it will be Jabbas Palace and that it does not mean the Death Star Throne Room is ruled out as a diorama set.

(But they also write that there is still a chance they are wrong.)

Maybe there is some throne room confusion? We'll see, but now i am really on the hype train, choo choo :wub_drool:

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Now THIS is confusing. Very interested to see which set is which.

I hope the Death Star Throne Room is the 70€ one. I can't bear yet another 100€ set of my favourite Star Wars scene. Why can't they just make it cheaper? We don't need the whole arena LEGO.

Jabba's Palace is €100. From my understanding/sources it indeed has the Throne Room set number, but I don't know why Promobricks has listed that set as coming so I assume that that is a store exclusive like the Trash Compactor. I do know that Promobricks didn't/couldn't have any info on Jabbas Palace so the Throne Room rumor must have come from somewhere. 

It also doesn't have Max Rebo, Salacious or Oola so if you don't have them yet I would probably start looking into them as they will most likely skyrocket even more after the set is revealed. 

27 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Jabba's Palace is €100. From my understanding/sources it indeed has the Throne Room set number, but I don't know why Promobricks has listed that set as coming so I assume that that is a store exclusive like the Trash Compactor. I do know that Promobricks didn't/couldn't have any info on Jabbas Palace so the Throne Room rumor must have come from somewhere. 

It also doesn't have Max Rebo, Salacious or Oola so if you don't have them yet I would probably start looking into them as they will most likely skyrocket even more after the set is revealed. 

Great to hear — so the Death Star Throne Room is 70€, but I presume it's 75351, not 75356 (which is rumoured to be the store exclusive Boushh helmet).

Based on promobricks last article it looks like the official name for 75352 is Emperor’s Throne Room and 75353 is Chase on Endor. I don’t think those official names would come from no where 

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Great to hear — so the Death Star Throne Room is 70€, but I presume it's 75351, not 75356 (which is rumoured to be the store exclusive Boushh helmet).

It could be yeah. Jabba's Palace Throne Room based on the Boushh scene is coming, however the question remains if Promobricks simply got or understood given information the wrong way (ie. they got info on a throne room and thought about Death Star instead of Jabba's Palace which in all is quite logical. If people talk about the throne room I think most of us will think about the Death Star scene) or that they got the right information with the wrong set number. Either way it doesn't make sense that they would list it as €70 as Jabba's Palace setnumber was €100 from the beginning. So I would think the Death Star Throne Room set is still coming and there was a mixup with the setnumbers. Since there were 3 diorama sets this year it also make more sense that there are 3 next year. 

Edited by Hoth Rebel

Not a big fan of Jabba’s Palace as a diorama set to be quite honest. As much as i want a new Jabba’s Palace I feel like by making a diorama set you’re only focusing on only one scene when there’s so many great scenes and characters we would missing out on. MBS style would do it true justice imo