Sign in to follow this  
Jiesdeo

Do you think there's a chance we will get a remake of 10193: Medieval Market Village?

With the inclusion of the cow in the Lion Knight's Castle as well as the fact that 10193: Medieval Market Village was included on the box, what do you think the chances are that there could be a remake of MMV in the future? Maybe the rebranding of Creator Expert to Lego Icons opens up for re-releases of old iconic sets?

Medieval Market Village didn't have goats, that was Mill Village Raid.

An MMV remake would be cool but I'd be just as happy with another set in the same style to expand mine.

Edited by Sir Dano

I hope we don't. I'd prefer we get a newly designed but similar idea set free from any any constraints trying to replicate something that already exists.

8 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

I don't know. They seem loathe to redo the goat. Isn't that the part of it that people have wanted for years?

@Modeltrainman The set you are thinking of came out in 2011 as 7189 - Mill Village Raid. The one being discussed is from 2009 and is set 10193 - Medieval Market Village. No goats are included in that one, but brown cows got started there!

As someone who loved the original set for his "vintage town" set in the mid 1800's - early 1900's (along with the 2011 Diagon Alley it went along with so nicely), I'd say I'd love to see what they could do with it, but I wouldn't buy it. I also think the modern bag-sorting system would do wonders for this set! (Dumping all the parts in one box at one time still feels odd, all these years later. I mean, 10194 didn't do that, and that was released in 2009 too!) But I digress...

Edited by Murdoch17

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

@Modeltrainman The set you are thinking of came out in 2011 as 7189 - Mill Village Raid. The one being discussed is from 2009 and is set 10193 - Medieval Market Village. No goats are included in that one, but brown cows got started there!

As someone who loved the original set for his "vintage town" set in the mid 1800's - early 1900's (along with the 2011 Diagon Alley it went along with so nicely), I'd say I'd love to see what they could do with it, but I wouldn't buy it. I also think the modern bag-sorting system would do wonders for this set! (Dumping all the parts in one box at one time still feels odd, all these years later. I mean, 10194 didn't do that, and that was released in 2009 too!) But I digress...

Oh, OK! :blush:

I don't think it's that likely. To be quite honest, set design has come a long way since Medieval Market Village–if they wanted to do a set of similar subject matter, it'd probably be both better and more popular if they designed one from scratch.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't think it's that likely. To be quite honest, set design has come a long way since Medieval Market Village–if they wanted to do a set of similar subject matter, it'd probably be both better and more popular if they designed one from scratch.

I agree. I’m all for civilian castle sets and MMV is amazing for what it is, but a new village set doesn’t need to directly reference it to be great. 

I think the forest hideout remake for a single GWP in connection with the 90th anniversary was great, but I'd rather stick to something new as well.

More remakes will just mean a 'coup de grace' for Castle and historic themes altogether.

I never owned MMV but I think it old be cool to see a remake of that original version. But I’malso ok with something very new, yet similiar. 

On 8/15/2022 at 1:49 AM, MAB said:

I hope we don't. I'd prefer we get a newly designed but similar idea set free from any any constraints trying to replicate something that already exists.

Agreed.