Sign in to follow this  
MCD

2022 - Volvo FH500

Hi all, after the great response in the recreation of my Volvo F16 It was time to do something bang up to date. I'm a massive fan of Marco's #Technicprojects Volvo FH. In fact I have a few, so I decide to tackle a 2022 facelift FH500. This truck is a 100% new construction, and I feel a great evolution. I will be doing instructions soon and they will be hosted on my Rebrickable page. #mcd_technic

ae2bdd31d0e77a8dab161bb81bed782c.jpg

I'm personally very happy with how it turned out, designing in Studio allowed me to really sense check it before ordering bricks. I went for LBG in colourway to pick out the modern lines of the silver 2022 launch trucks. But this can also be built in DBG, White, Orange and Possible Red - Pending availability of SP3 parts. The wheels, by the way I spray myself with a chrome hobby paint.

7b61ae0ad9e9252a0105d533c68d3355.jpg

9e86dbb6ccb3a1b678140db02ce146b6.jpg

This is the Studio model (from which I will now refine build order and generate instructions)

b09815b7502af1279999e3975e964c8e.jpg

And here you can see it with one of my F16s in the same scale, 34 years between these two trucks:

58c923b2603fd171a115959f46a45385.jpg

04f36e3c46b484ed3e7270457cd7dc23.jpg

And finally with Marco's Original stunning FH - But rebuilt in white:

5396390c910b42cc5f6e5cb259dcc87c.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hope you like! 

Mike

Edited by MCD

Very nice, high level of details and proportions look spot on :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Really love your trucks!

One thing: Windshiled wipers are mounted on the wrong side for RHD :tongue:

Ha... Yes!  Damit 😂 Well spotted.. Oh well, if thats all ive done wrong?  Thanks buddy 👍

8 hours ago, 1gor said:

Very nice, high level of details and proportions look spot on :thumbup:

Thank,  glad you recognise that,  spent ages agonising and trying to fit in half stud adjustments... 

Would fill the 1-stud gaps behind the doors (these recessed places for windows) with plates, the wedges ideally, so they will remain recessed but not so deep.

21 hours ago, Void_S said:

Would fill the 1-stud gaps behind the doors (these recessed places for windows) with plates, the wedges ideally, so they will remain recessed but not so deep.

That's a valid point, it hadn't really bothered me but I could look at better options. Wedges would be no good as they have Studs which would ruin the look I think? Do you have any suggestions on which parts?

7 hours ago, karmadrome said:

Looks fantastic, Mike. Love the whole shaping of the cab.

Thanks for that, it seems to have really worked out - lucky the selection of Lego parts allows for such a close match. Not all trucks work so well in this scale.

1 hour ago, MCD said:

That's a valid point, it hadn't really bothered me but I could look at better options. Wedges would be no good as they have Studs which would ruin the look I think? Do you have any suggestions on which parts?

There are several triangle tiles now available but they don't have so many variations as studded wedges do. BrickLink Reference Catalog - Parts - Category Tile, Modified

On 8/14/2022 at 3:25 PM, MCD said:

Hi all, after the great response in the recreation of my Volvo F16 It was time to do something bang up to date. I'm a massive fan of Marco's #Technicprojects Volvo FH. In fact I have a few, so I decide to tackle a 2022 facelift FH500. This truck is a 100% new construction, and I feel a great evolution. I will be doing instructions soon and they will be hosted on my Rebrickable page. #mcd_technic

ae2bdd31d0e77a8dab161bb81bed782c.jpg

Spoiler

Nice one, I love it. When I first started browsing online for essay samples, I had trouble finding any reliable sources. Eventually, I discovered https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/mental-health, which has a great deal of outstanding examples of mental health. This website can help you easily complete your essay.

Nice one, I love it. :)

Edited by WayneOwens
Removed most of the pictures. Please do not quote the entire block of pictures.