Sign in to follow this  
Operacion Saturno

CLASSIC SPACE PIECE PACK

For those Classic Space fans here, if you could make a direct request to Lego Group what would be?

Maybe the restoration of one of the Space theme, maybe a remake of one of the iconic set releases of the era.

Those are great requests and wouldn't mind any of those, but in my case like in most AFOLs, we design and build our own sets.For that I've been conducting polls on Lego groups about which new color pieces would you want Lego to make and so far I came with this group.

Think about it, a Lego piece pack with new color elements to build Neo Classic Space sets. This is what I´ve come with so far. What piece you think I'm missing?

298069783_591890382288074_61083542733744

Edited by Operacion Saturno
restore image

It’s not exactly Classic Space, but it’s adjacent. There’s nothing I want more than remakes and new sets in the Ice Planet 2002 theme. I have dreams about it. Often. 

Great idea! I’d add:

- 1x6 bricks with LL918 and LL924. Still baffled why Lego didn’t include them in 10497.
- 1x2 or 1x3 bricks with the CS logo.
- A couple of large flat trans yellow tiles (eg 4x6 or 4x8).
- A black CS astronaut.
- Purple air tanks!  

7 hours ago, Warbinator said:

It’s not exactly Classic Space, but it’s adjacent. 

That's correct, and that's why I called it Neo Classic Space.

7 hours ago, Warbinator said:

There’s nothing I want more than remakes and new sets in the Ice Planet 2002 theme. I have dreams about it. Often. 

It has happend to me too. I'm in a random place then enter a store, turn around and there they are, a pile of new never seen before Lego space sets. I even pick up the box look at it feeling excited.like back in the good old days.

2 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

Great idea! I’d add:

- 1x6 bricks with LL918 and LL924. Still baffled why Lego didn’t include them in 10497.

Interesting,

- 1x2 or 1x3 bricks with the CS logo.

1x2 brick with logo already exist and there's an elusive 1x4 brick with logo too.

- A couple of large flat trans yellow tiles (eg 4x6 or 4x8).

There aren't tiles of those size. That's why I added flags to the pack.

- A black CS astronaut.

Already been a lot of those, even reissued in 2009 and 2012.

3 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

- Purple air tanks!  

I second that with an old style helmet in dark purple.

2 hours ago, Operacion Saturno said

1x2 brick with logo already exist and there's an elusive 1x4 brick with logo too.

The 1x2s are decades old at this point. Would be nice to have brand spanking new ones! As for the 1x4, that’s only in one VHTF set and with the worn logo to boot, so of limited use. 1x3s would go nicely with the 150% scale factor of 10497.

2 hours ago, Operacion Saturno said:.

Already been a lot of those, even reissued in 2009 and 2012.

Really? What sets?

2 hours ago, Operacion Saturno said:I second that with an old style helmet in dark purple.

Might as well do a green OG helmet then. The ones in the exo suit set have the visor type helmets, making them stand out a bit next to the others.

9 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

The 1x2s are decades old at this point. Would be nice to have brand spanking new ones! As for the 1x4, that’s only in one VHTF set and with the worn logo to boot, so of limited use. 1x3s would go nicely with the 150% scale factor of 10497.

Really? What sets?

Might as well do a green OG helmet then. The ones in the exo suit set have the visor type helmets, making them stand out a bit next to the others.

Now I feel old. I purchase a bulk lot from Italy a decade ago and had several of those 1x2 bricks, so maybe that's why I didn't took that into consideration.
The pack in the picture includes stickers of different size, so the logo stiker in the 1x2 cheese slope could fit the 1x2 brick perfectly.

no sets, there's one black astronaut  in a 5 minifig pack in 2009 with a motorcycle helmet without visor and s different smily face.

The another one sold separatly in 2015 I think at Lego stores and there's even a newer one standing in a magnet, so many black guys, yes. 

About the helmet. we need green helmet, dark purple helmet and airtank, light bluish grey helmet and airtank. also a tan chest with classic space logo and also an air tank too. So yes, I agree 100%

10 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

Really? What sets?

OP is counting the bricktober ones with the wrong helmets. Technically, since the new helmet comes in black in the mickey and minnie set, you could make a new black CS spaceman, but it'd be very expensive.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:22 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

OP is counting the bricktober ones with the wrong helmets. Technically, since the new helmet comes in black in the mickey and minnie set, you could make a new black CS spaceman, but it'd be very expensive.

Very hard or very expensive is way better than impossible. 
The pieces exist so is possible to build the black astronaut. Based on this judgement, the dark pink helmet is prioritary.

17 hours ago, Operacion Saturno said:

Very hard or very expensive is way better than impossible. 
The pieces exist so is possible to build the black astronaut. Based on this judgement, the dark pink helmet is prioritary.

Sure, but I wasn't saying you should have included a black helmet instead of purple (I assume you mean purple? We already have a dark pink spaceman with the correct helmet), I was just saying that the bricktober ones you were counting didn't have the right helmets.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:48 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Sure, but I wasn't saying you should have included a black helmet instead of purple (I assume you mean purple? We already have a dark pink spaceman with the correct helmet), I was just saying that the bricktober ones you were counting didn't have the right helmets.

yes dark purple, typo

Angular transparent and/or neon stuff like canopies, antennas, octagonal wall segments, that sort of thing in more colors/sizes.