Andy Glascott

New Hogwarts Express

37 minutes ago, Ondra said:

They said crocodile locomotive sold badly

I am genuinely interested who said what exactly, where. Would you mind elaborating? 

37 minutes ago, Ondra said:

This set is biggest lego train nonsense I have ever seen, and Orient Express will be second if they go same route.

There are people with lego train layouts, going strong for decades, there is L gauge. And they bring this...

120 cm length static train, nobody asked for this!HP fans or Train fans. Im HP and train fan and I hate this. 

They said crocodile locomotive sold badly, so why second market prices are so high and this locomotive was sold out here immediately after EOL . Why they sold it only for one year... Seriously too much questions and so little answers.

Im so furious thinking about this set, seriously worst set of year for me.

sold badly? I can`t find where it was released so I was forced to buy a Chinese knockoff coz the original one was out of reach and its price was very high(x2 to original) + due to shipping where it may be 

15 minutes ago, Sunil766 said:

I am genuinely interested who said what exactly, where. Would you mind elaborating? 

14 minutes ago, Darkkostas25 said:

sold badly? I can`t find where it was released so I was forced to buy a Chinese knockoff coz the original one was out of reach and its price was very high(x2 to original) + due to shipping where it may be 

There was somebody claimed, that this set doesnt meet their expectations hence only one year lifespan.

But they said same thing even when they discontinued Horizon Express hence killing creator expert trains for 7 years.

Still dont know what are their expectations, but it seems like excuse to dump creator trains for good.

Here in republic there is someafol that is selling MOCs of trains from lego bricks and I see them flying of shelves. Ferina Trains , its czech shop selling czech locomotives and wagons in classic 6 wide stuff. If its viable for afol in free time, why is not viable for lego?

Edited by Ondra

13 minutes ago, Ondra said:

There was somebody claimed, that this set doesnt meet their expectations hence only one year lifespan.

But they said same thing even when they discontinued Horizon Express hence killing creator expert trains for 7 years.

Still dont know what are their expectations, but it seems like excuse to dump creator trains for good.

Here in republic there is someafol that is selling MOCs of trains from lego bricks and I see them flying of shelves. Ferina Trains , its czech shop selling czech locomotives and wagons in classic 6 wide stuff. If its viable for afol in free time, why is not viable for lego?

lot`s of companies now sell brick build trains(sets, kits, parts for train builders, stickers shits, instruction)
lego - so let`s do another idiotic set/sets for afol for an oddly specific group like with Adidas :\

And thanks for link! 

Well, well, well. It is not selling that extraordinarily ... seems that the HP fans don't dig non-functional trains either :pir-laugh:

I go with one of my favorite movies here (Kelly's Heroes) - just replace "Oddball" with "Train Fans" and "Moriarty" with "TLG":

Oddball : Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Moriarty : Crap!

Cheers :pir-huzzah2:
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie

2 hours ago, Toastie said:

Well, well, well. It is not selling that extraordinarily ... seems that the HP fans don't dig non-functional trains either :pir-laugh:

I go with one of my favorite movies here (Kelly's Heroes) - just replace "Oddball" with "Train Fans" and "Moriarty" with "TLG":

Oddball : Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Moriarty : Crap!

Cheers :pir-huzzah2:
Thorsten

Great movie, and a fantastic theme song too. This last 2/3's of the song from that film rings true for TLG and it's current pessimistic outlook / dreams of better days long gone applies to trains as well:

"All the burning bridges that have fallen after me
All the lonely feelings and the burning memories
Everyone i left behind each time i closed the door
Burning bridges lost forevermore
Years have passed and i keep thinking
What a fool i've been
I look back into the past and
Think of way back then
I know that i lost everything i thought i that could win
I guess i should have listened to my friends
All the burning bridges that have fallen after me
All the lonely feelings and the burning memories
Everyone I left behind each time i closed the door
Burning bridges lost forevermore"

Edited by Murdoch17

31 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

a fantastic theme song too.

For sure!

Thank you for posting the lyrics - I am completely in love with the movie script (this movie is everything but a wartime movie, it uses the stupidity of war to simply plot something that is so bizarre - and at the same time "thinkable") - and never really read the lyrics of that movie music.

All the best,
Thorsten

P.S.: I don't even feel to derail this thread with such posts - they go smoothly along ...

8 hours ago, Ondra said:

...nobody asked for this!

We can request sets now?  I did not know that...

But really, there's no reason to let it upset you.  LEGO can release whatever product they want, but they can't make you purchase it.

Got this in my email a couple of hours ago:

PxHZZON.png

The set only came out, what... 3 months ago?

I'm not going to read too much into it, but it smells a tad desperate to me.

12 minutes ago, LordsofMedieval said:

Got this in my email a couple of hours ago:

PxHZZON.png

The set only came out, what... 3 months ago?

I'm not going to read too much into it, but it smells a tad desperate to me.

Hahaha. Good. 

Maybe they'll learn a thing or two. 

43 minutes ago, LEGOTrainBuilderSG said:

Hahaha. Good. 

Maybe they'll learn a thing or two. 

Hopefully in time for the Ideas Orient Express!

On 11/15/2022 at 11:23 PM, RichardGoring said:

Hopefully in time for the Ideas Orient Express!

That's my hope. Between the recent sales of Camp Nou and others at 40 percent off, and now this for recent releases, smacks of desperation. Marketing needs to listen to the customers again. Nobody wanted this iconic locomotive to be a mega monstrosity. As people are voting with their wallet, LEGO is probably kicking themselves for this. I'll bet they have a lot in inventory they NEED to move for the holidays.

I’m not sure if I want to hold out for a deeper discount or just jump for the current one?

Will we see 30%…?
Maybe 40%…?
50% if you buy x3 or more…?

:moar:

27 minutes ago, M_slug357 said:

50% if you buy x3 or more…?

:pir-huzzah1:

I'll jump in, when it comes as a free gift (OK, gifts are always free, accentuates my point though :D) with any $100 purchase.

Best,
Thorsten

7 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Between the recent sales of Camp Nou and others at 40 percent off, and now this for recent releases, smacks of desperation. Marketing needs to listen to the customers again.

Yeah, this is true.

But it could also be just a testing the waters type marketing stunt: This monstrosity (as almost every set now) is totally overpriced - and of course they know it. But one can try ... and now they may play the oh-my-goodness-I-am saving-$100-game, which mostly works, as $100 is a load of cheap coffees. Well, at least "some" at Starbucks. There seem to be folks out there that judge $100 off as a fortune, but still paying $400+ as it is what it is :D

It's a wheel in perpetual motion ...

Best,
Thorsten