Time77

Classic Space Color meanings

I use GREEN Spaceman as Engineers for my hangarbase,

because they are quite unique 😉

hangar_bay_with%20spacemech%20green-2.jp

SPACE%20BASE%20Docking%20by%20YJ%201_2-.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:34 AM, Time77 said:

What do you think each of the colors of spaceman mean?

Starting off with what I think:

Red: Pilot 

White: Engineer

Yellow: Command

Blue: Science

Black: Military

But what do Orange, Green, and Pink mean?

I'm just reading this and thinking back to the Lego Space: Building the Future book by Peter Reid and Tim Goddard and trying to remember what they did. If I remember correctly white was ground control/engineers/mechanics, red was pilots, and I think yellow was research. Some of the characters ended up changing outfits a few times, depending on their activities. I don't remember the role of the blue. Basically as time went on in the book, the affiliation system changed from classic space to Futuron. Blacktron became the bad guys (of course), and Ice Planet and the Space Police 1989 edition made brief appearances, each of which had different systems of classification of its spacemen.

The significance of each color has changed as lego's space themes developed and more colors became available, so I honestly haven't formed a solid opinion of my own.   

4 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

Red: Royalty.

That's a whole lot of royalty for one space faction!

5 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

Pink: Women.

🤣

I wanna see someone's list where it's all these cool specialties and then "Blue: Men".

Country's first not Nations, Lady. Have you seen the movie "In Like Flynt", Count?

I see that a Person said Brown and Purple, so I'm making this new post with them. As for my own Space Station I've commented under these.

Red: Royalty.

White: Science.

Yellow: Hazop|Construction.

Blue: Pilots.

Black: Executives.

Orange: Engineers. 

Green: Army.

Purple: Gymnasts.

Brown: Trash disposal.

My Space Station would be in this order: Red, White, Pink, Green, and Black would be the Pilots.

Edited by Viper Knight

On 1/14/2023 at 7:23 AM, Viper Knight said:

Please explain to me how this makes any sense? Men wear uniform based on job, but women HAVE to wear pink? Also Lego officially named the pink astronaut Lenny so...

I suppose one way to solve the question of whether the pink ones are women or a specialized function is to have the rest of the color divisions be all-male, with the pink ones being the R&R division, i.e. comfort women...

Heck, that could be their specialization regardless of sex/gender.

13 hours ago, azog said:

Please explain to me how this makes any sense? Men wear uniform based on job, but women HAVE to wear pink? Also Lego officially named the pink astronaut Lenny so...

Pink Lenny is my ship's diplomat and he is most definitely male. I really don't like the idea that pink = woman.

15 minutes ago, Viper Knight said:

LEGO, sure can be conglamorant like that. You... yellowbellies.

I'm so confused by your attitude here. You shared your choices, other people questioned a couple of them, and now instead of bothering to explain those choices to anyone, you're throwing around vague insults that don't appear to make any obvious sense in context.

How does "country's first not nations" pertain to the amount of royalty in your proposed space fleet? What do "goblins" have to do with LEGO Space? What does "conglamorant" mean? How is anybody in this conversation a "yellowbelly" (i.e. a coward)? Why do you keep addressing people by their user rank and not, by their usernames?

It feels like you're going out of your way to be disrespectful/obstinate. I apologize if I've misunderstood/misinterpreted your tone/intent, but I am genuinely struggling to make sense of some of these comments.

I don't speak as if a Consular, which is the "conglamorance", because I didn't fell myself in school to the insular confederate populace. -the people that are "misfits". I chose the resistance legacy, be brave and attain Royalist towards adulthood, therefore there's nothing but a "syndicate" remaining, as everything else would be bureacratic, policies, or union - which has to be thought in a republican or democrat way, not fascist - since capitalism is for the greater things in life. But even still knowing that I prefer to be a Royalist, as I said, and whilst that does mean I can proofread my sentences without proofreading them, I will admit I become a bit of a Tycoon instead of a Ranger when typing. Certainly, I believe, that captialism doesn't end there - it ends with "megalopolis", but I am from Poland not a 'First World Country' so I believe in the Raner aspects of life, but I do dabble in Court Ranger reprieve, too, I'm certainly not a gentlemen but a rival to a Count, much like an Overlord, I'm digressing, but will not apologise, Lady, life is better that way.

So, yes a "Country's first not a Nations". Oh, but you're confused, here I can apologise I had thought you as a Lady, not Lady-In-Waiting; I apologize, Lady, I enter places and speak with the chest, I said Country because my LEGO figures started with creating a castle, and I revere Nations because I did, I really started with fighting for my turf and built a castle, but I'm an Animal, a reptile in fact, well my Knight character|figure is... I havn't made the King yet, it's still just 'me' but I'm a Knight. I thought you'd, with over 10K comments made, would be a Lady with a funner gambit in reclaimants. 

As for the other comments I've made well, that'd be the conglamorance of other Tycoons. That guy there is named orc,(EDIT: "azog" is a name of an orc in Lord of the Rings) has an image of an orc, so I said that goblin thing, self explanitory from there{if it isn't: goblins become orcs, goblins do their attack and have a dwelling somewhere, an orc|as well as ogres desert their goblins to be their type. orcs slay whole villages and continue that way til they're slain. an ogre is a lone goblin that became fat, but not obstinate, and uses that for themself - but they could have been a goblinleader and the other goblins abandoned it for eating them instead of merely killing them, so with goblins having a respect to gossip about that they abandon it. goblins only want hobgoblins, they're the genuine bigger goblins as far as caste goes with goblins. Any other variant uses some sort of might, and leaves or rallies their goblins for an assault. Most Adventurers ignore goblin archtypes, because they're not real in the sense of roleplaying, I though have slain enough fearies to recognize this much. Doesn't really explain anything there, since fearies are born 50% of the time away from humans, and only like 1% become celestials, since they adhere to the first living thing they see for their purpose in life, but uh I've seen potionmaking fearies as minions for a witch. Bit of a witch-killer, I am.) The "yellowbelly" was a joke, to be sure, about all lego figures being yellow since they were trying to pull a "slowball" on me about the figure being named male. A "come now, Gentlemen, you have atleast 3 pink Spacemen named Lenny?" 

As for the Rank; I've been with the website for like two years now, I just think it proper that I shouldn't just barge into a topic like a mere Pedestrian but attempt Citizen as I am getting closure in respects to my own Rank. I've read about the Historica Guilds, which is very nice for this website - but I, too, shan't join, because I made it to my own castle originally. 

Edited by Viper Knight

30 minutes ago, Viper Knight said:

I don't speak as if a Consular, which is the "conglamorance", because I didn't fell myself in school to the insular confederate populace. -the people that are "misfits". I chose the resistance legacy, be brave and attain Royalist towards adulthood, therefore there's nothing but a "syndicate" remaining, as everything else would be bureacratic, policies, or union - which has to be thought in a republican or democrat way, not fascist - since capitalism is for the greater things in life. But even still knowing that I prefer to be a Royalist, as I said, and whilst that does mean I can proofread my sentences without proofreading them, I will admit I become a bit of a Tycoon instead of a Ranger when typing. Certainly, I believe, that captialism doesn't end there - it ends with "megalopolis", but I am from Poland not a 'First World Country' so I believe in the Raner aspects of life, but I do dabble in Court Ranger reprieve, too, I'm certainly not a gentlemen but a rival to a Count, much like an Overlord, I'm digressing, but will not apologise, Lady, life is better that way.

So, yes a "Country's first not a Nations". Oh, but you're confused, here I can apologise I had thought you as a Lady, not Lady-In-Waiting; I apologize, Lady, I enter places and speak with the chest, I said Country because my LEGO figures started with creating a castle, and I revere Nations because I did, I really started with fighting for my turf and built a castle, but I'm an Animal, a reptile in fact, well my Knight character|figure is... I havn't made the King yet, it's still just 'me' but I'm a Knight. I thought you'd, with over 10K comments made, would be a Lady with a funner gambit in reclaimants. 

As for the other comments I've made well, that'd be the conglamorance of other Tycoons. That guy there is named orc,(EDIT: "azog" is a name of an orc in Lord of the Rings) has an image of an orc, so I said that goblin thing, self explanitory from there{if it isn't: goblins become orcs, goblins do their attack and have a dwelling somewhere, an orc|as well as ogres desert their goblins to be their type. orcs slay whole villages and continue that way til they're slain. an ogre is a lone goblin that became fat, but not obstinate, and uses that for themself - but they could have been a goblinleader and the other goblins abandoned it for eating them instead of merely killing them, so with goblins having a respect to gossip about that they abandon it. goblins only want hobgoblins, they're the genuine bigger goblins as far as caste goes with goblins. Any other variant uses some sort of might, and leaves or rallies their goblins for an assault. Most Adventurers ignore goblin archtypes, because they're not real in the sense of roleplaying, I though have slain enough fearies to recognize this much. Doesn't really explain anything there, since fearies are born 50% of the time away from humans, and only like 1% become celestials, since they adhere to the first living thing they see for their purpose in life, but uh I've seen potionmaking fearies as minions for a witch. Bit of a witch-killer, I am.) The "yellowbelly" was a joke, to be sure, about all lego figures being yellow since they were trying to pull a "slowball" on me about the figure being named male. A "come now, Gentlemen, you have atleast 3 pink Spacemen named Lenny?" 

As for the Rank; I've been with the website for like two years now, I just think it proper that I shouldn't just barge into a topic like a mere Pedestrian but attempt Citizen as I am getting closure in respects to my own Rank. I've read about the Historica Guilds, which is very nice for this website - but I, too, shan't join, because I made it to my own castle originally. 

In complete seriousness - Did an AI write this?? 

…after reading all of that, I regret asking for clarification. :sceptic:

In any case, I greatly prefer the idea a lot of people have shared in this thread of using pink for medical, since real-life medical scrubs are often in soft colors like pink, light green, or light blue. It'd certainly be less intimidating as a patient than being operated on by an astronaut in a blood-red spacesuit. :laugh:

And from the perspective of sets, it provides a good explanation for why there weren't any pink-suited astronauts in actual Classic Space sets — none of those sets depicted medical settings like a clinic, examination room, operating room, or quarantine facility!

16 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

Pink Lenny is my ship's diplomat and he is most definitely male. I really don't like the idea that pink = woman.

Oh I hate the idea...I'm trying to be as respectful as I can towards others opinions but it's hard sometimes haha.

Like, does that mean the Classic Yellow Castle knights are all girls because they have pink house crest? No, of course not! 

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

In any case, I greatly prefer the idea a lot of people have shared in this thread of using pink for medical, since real-life medical scrubs are often in soft colors like pink, light green, or light blue. It'd certainly be less intimidating as a patient than being operated on by an astronaut in a blood-red spacesuit. :laugh:

And from the perspective of sets, it provides a good explanation for why there weren't any pink-suited astronauts in actual Classic Space sets — none of those sets depicted medical settings like a clinic, examination room, operating room, or quarantine facility!

And exactly my thought on the color! Thank you! Which now that you mention it...It would be nice to have a sand green or a light blue colored spaceman to go with the pink to represent other medical focuses, surgery, doctor, nurses, etc. 

Edited by azog

21 hours ago, Aanchir said:It'd certainly be less intimidating as a patient than being operated on by an astronaut in a blood-red spacesuit. :laugh:

this way you can't see the blood on their jackets from the last person they operated on ¬_,¬

22 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

In complete seriousness - Did an AI write this?? 

looks like a Shakespearean English filter to me honestly

19 hours ago, azog said:

And exactly my thought on the color! Thank you! Which now that you mention it...It would be nice to have a sand green or a light blue colored spaceman to go with the pink to represent other medical focuses, surgery, doctor, nurses, etc. 

Oh no. Now you've said it. We'll have to petition LEGO at once for those.

The baby being blue sort of throws any job role the blue spaceman could have out the window. Perhaps they are just passengers?

Or maybe the specializations are actually castes, with people born into their roles?

But really, I would simply think of it a a proud parent giving their child clothes and equipment of the parent's own color scheme.

29 minutes ago, Ardelon said:

But really, I would simply think of it a a proud parent giving their child clothes and equipment of the parent's own color scheme.

Yeah, and on a similar note, it could be an aspirational thing, like dressing little kids in sailor suits. I can just imagine astronaut parents enthusiastically opining that "Our little boy/little girl is gonna be a RADAR TECHNICIAN one day!" :cry_happy:

I can't imagine a futuristic space fleet like this needing any sort of strict regulations on what colors baby clothes have to be. After all, it's not like an astronaut seeing an infant/toddler in a red or white spacesuit would mistake them for a fully licensed and certified pilot/explorer. Unless you WANT to introduce that sort of wacky mix-up scenario in your own MOCs/stories, that is — I mean, after writing it out, I realize it WOULD be pretty hilarious. :rofl:

On 1/18/2023 at 12:25 PM, Ardelon said:

Or maybe the specializations are actually castes, with people born into their roles?

Genetically engineered for a specific role in society. Probably based on the anticipated needs of some obscure plan.