Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

Challenge - BOBS Football Tournament 622

Ach. :pir-murder:  Congrats to the WTC Marines on their bronze medal. :pir-huzzah2:

Willem Guilder may have to look into a coaching shake-up for the team next year. :monkey: :pir-oh:

Game eight:

Young Boys Pontelli vs Horatio's Hookers 

BOBS Football Tournament game #8

After the mayhem of the quarter-finals, and the drama of the semis, it all comes down to this: the cup. 

Both teams stepped out onto the pitch bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. The Young Boys had the ball to kick off, and dominated possession from the off. For such tiny people, they definitely weren't afraid of their hook-handed opponents! Ten minutes into the half they scored their first goal, and quickly followed it up with another. However, after that, things started to turn the Hookers' way, as they scored one of their own. It looked like the little lads would take the lead into the second half, but Horatio's boys managed to slip an equaliser in before the whistle.

The second half started favouring the Corrington team. They managed to dominate possession, but struggled to get any shots on target. Twenty minutes in, Bob the snake showed up, and settled into a warm spot just inside the Hookers' penalty area. With no-one able to shoo him off, play was resumed around him. This did, however, have consequences, when the Young Boys scored again. A linesman judged that the ball had bounced off Bob, and discounted it. It was getting late in the game, and both teams were getting very tired. Then, an exasperated lad toe-punted the ball upfield, and the pig's bladder caught an unexpected breeze, and soared over Horatio's men. The goalkeeper, busy trying to scare the snake, failed to get back to his line on time. With a single bounce, the ball crossed the line, and sealed the victory for Pontelli: 3:2! The Young Boys won the cup!

:pir-sceptic:

The WTC shall now and forevermore kill every snake it can find! :pir-angry:

Congratulations to the younglings for winning the cup, may they be excellent hosts next time!

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:
3 hours ago, Darnok said:

The WTC shall now and forevermore kill every snake it can find!

A story hook for sure

Indeed!

6 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

victory for Pontelli: 3:2

Congrats to the niños from Pontelli! Eslandola wins the Cup! :pir-huzzah2:

Congratulations to the Young Boys on their victory, and thanks everyone for taking part! Looking forward to competing in Pontelli next year. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

There was some very funny reporting on games. :pir_laugh2:

Congratulations to the Young Boys Pontelli. :pir-huzzah2: 

Oi, I completel forgot to give my many thanks to @Ross Fisher for running this tournament. Well done, and thank you once more! :pir-classic:

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Congratulations to the young boyz !

A story hook for sure

I see what you did there. :pir-grin:

1 minute ago, Professor Thaum said:

I'm not sure you're really informed of my depravity :devil_laugh:

Oh I am, my very sweet summer child. :pir-devil:

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

I completely forgot to give my many thanks to @Ross Fisher for running this tournament. Well done, and thank you once more! :pir-classic:

Me too. Well done, and thank you for running the tournament this year!

8 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Game eight:

Young Boys Pontelli vs Horatio's Hookers 

BOBS Football Tournament game #8

After the mayhem of the quarter-finals, and the drama of the semis, it all comes down to this: the cup. 

Both teams stepped out onto the pitch bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. The Young Boys had the ball to kick off, and dominated possession from the off. For such tiny people, they definitely weren't afraid of their hook-handed opponents! Ten minutes into the half they scored their first goal, and quickly followed it up with another. However, after that, things started to turn the Hookers' way, as they scored one of their own. It looked like the little lads would take the lead into the second half, but Horatio's boys managed to slip an equaliser in before the whistle.

The second half started favouring the Corrington team. They managed to dominate possession, but struggled to get any shots on target. Twenty minutes in, Bob the snake showed up, and settled into a warm spot just inside the Hookers' penalty area. With no-one able to shoo him off, play was resumed around him. This did, however, have consequences, when the Young Boys scored again. A linesman judged that the ball had bounced off Bob, and discounted it. It was getting late in the game, and both teams were getting very tired. Then, an exasperated lad toe-punted the ball upfield, and the pig's bladder caught an unexpected breeze, and soared over Horatio's men. The goalkeeper, busy trying to scare the snake, failed to get back to his line on time. With a single bounce, the ball crossed the line, and sealed the victory for Pontelli: 3:2! The Young Boys won the cup!

That is a nice and welcome surprise at the end of a working week! :pir-huzzah1: :pir-huzzah2:

On 8/7/2022 at 2:37 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Final

Young Boys Pontelli (B) 3 vs 2 Horatio's Hookers (D)

In light of these scores, we would like to award the following prizes:

1: The Cup! @Captain Braunsfeld please accept a free large property license, to be used anywhere in Nola Mar.

I happily accept that license. :pir-sweet:

The Young Boys Pontelli have won

5 hours ago, Darnok said:

many thanks to @Ross Fisher for running this tournament.

5 hours ago, NOD said:

very funny reporting on games:pir_laugh2:

4 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

thank you for running the tournament this year!

:pir-thumb:

I have some questions regarding the price/license, I guess @Ross Fisher is best suited to make the call(s).

1. Is the free license for a "normal" build or for a micro build?
  2. Does the prize license count as one like mentioned in the licensing rules under point #5?
  3. Would you (or Oleon in general) have anything against an official WTC representation in Nola Mar? I was thinking "some sort of WTC office" as a medium commerce property.

Maybe @Ayrlego and/or @Bregir can also help with this, in particular the second question.

Thanks in advance to all of you!

Edited by Darnok

54 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Would you (or Oleon in general) have anything against an official WTC representation in Nola Mar? I was thinking "some sort of WTC office" as a medium commerce property.

@Ross Fisher : be careful where you're stamping !

4 hours ago, Darnok said:

Would you (or Oleon in general) have anything against an official WTC representation in Nola Mar? I was thinking "some sort of WTC office" as a medium commerce property.

Thanks for the good idea. I will build an FTA Office on Nola Mar as a medium commerce property. :pir-grin:

Edited by NOD

13 hours ago, Darnok said:

Is the free license for a "normal" build or for a micro build? 

It's a standard build size.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:22 PM, Darnok said:

Honestly, after Fatu Hiva, that might be an issue. Buuuttt, could I interest you in an unofficial WTC representation? A black market out in the farmland, or a safehouse hidden in the sewers?

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Honestly, after Fatu Hiva, that might be an issue. Buuuttt, could I interest you in an unofficial WTC representation? A black market out in the farmland, or a safehouse hidden in the sewers?

Great idea, sounds like fun. :pir-sweet: