Sign in to follow this  
Reker1000000

Lego 12v Layout 8

Hello all,

I wanted to share Layout 8 with you guys- this might be my best layout yet, it's got 2 passing lines and a unique design for the switchyard. Part 1, which I just uploaded, features the 7740 that I got recently along with 7745 and 7750 with 7820. @BillytheKid I know you requested without music but I always do music for layout videos, I might do a third video on this layout without music (part 2 will have freight trains)... music definitely helps the view count! I will link part 2 when it's out. Enjoy the video!

@Reker1000000 I've meant to mention when you responded to my video post that I have been enjoying your channel's videos also! Always nice to see 12v kept alive and running.

I can't edit video, so I can't add music or what so ever. I agree in some cases, music can make it more. I like do watch video's of lego trains without music, that's the music for me :wink: .

Everybody make their video's how they want to make it :classic: .YouTube has many limits to get high views. That's why AllmightyArjan has stopped to make nice video's. He did a nice job with video's and music, I must admit that.

I believe when your product (video) is good, you don't need extra to make it look it better :classic:.

Anyway, nice to see you have a fine condition 7740 in your collection. When you start to add some buildings or modulars to your collection :excited:?

On 8/6/2022 at 9:36 PM, Jetflap said:

@Reker1000000 I've meant to mention when you responded to my video post that I have been enjoying your channel's videos also! Always nice to see 12v kept alive and running.

Thank you! Glad to know that you are gaining something from watching my videos, as a content creator that is the most I could hope for from my viewers. I always love buying, running, and learning about these wonderful vintage trains, and want to do my part of helping people understand how they work and the little-known history behind them!

On 8/8/2022 at 3:16 AM, BillytheKid said:

I can't edit video, so I can't add music or what so ever. I agree in some cases, music can make it more. I like do watch video's of lego trains without music, that's the music for me :wink: .

Everybody make their video's how they want to make it :classic: .YouTube has many limits to get high views. That's why AllmightyArjan has stopped to make nice video's. He did a nice job with video's and music, I must admit that.

I believe when your product (video) is good, you don't need extra to make it look it better :classic:.

Anyway, nice to see you have a fine condition 7740 in your collection. When you start to add some buildings or modulars to your collection :excited:?

Fair enough! Of course to each their own. As for buildings- I have many City sets from when I was younger (probably 2010-2013 or so)- but 1) they're all mixed in with my loose Legos and 2) I want to have era-appropriate sets in my videos, as after all Classic Town sets would be the best to accompany the 12v line. I am scouting for some of the freight loading depots and I may integrate a road system at some point but always trains first! :grin: I've still a ways to go in my collection, so actual buildings may not be for a while... boxed 7727 and 7755 especially are both expensive and rare, so I need to save for those and wait for a good listing to come up.

Thanks again for all the nice comments from everyone!

Part 2 of the series is out now! Linked below, like always.

Your collection is really starting to grow now! Its looking great. Do you plan to have a permanent layout or keep changing things up?

One nice addition to you layouts might be a buffer stop where the track ends in your freight yard. This one is from Page 16 of the 7777 book so it era appropriate.

20220813_122721

On 8/13/2022 at 7:41 AM, ThePhatController said:

Your collection is really starting to grow now! Its looking great. Do you plan to have a permanent layout or keep changing things up?

One nice addition to you layouts might be a buffer stop where the track ends in your freight yard. This one is from Page 16 of the 7777 book so it era appropriate.

Thank you! I try to get sets in top condition so sometimes I have to save a little more for them, but I think it's worth it in the end. For now, I don't have a plan for a permanent layout- I think I'd need more points/signals/decouplers and stations/freight loading depots to consider that. Also, I like being able to change the type of layout, or even clean everything off the tables and just rebuild the sets.

Actually the buffer for a stub-end siding looks great, I definitely will buy the parts for one or two of those in my next small orders... it looks similar to the one in 7745's alternate model, but doesn't use the rarer hinges (2x2 LG brackets instead) to mount the 2x2 round plates. Thank you for the suggestion!

I made a short unedited video of several trains circling the layout a few times- no music ( @BillytheKid finally the sound of 12v trains running!), only the trains. Behind the scenes video coming soon, and this week I'm going to hopefully repair my 2 broken motors and will definitely post content here and on my channel about that!