Sign in to follow this  
koalayummies

[MOC] Tiny Island House

Came for the house moc, left with a wholesome story. (rip house though...)

The story is hilarious, nice way to show a MOC. :laugh: The tiny house is charming and the little fellas (along with the cannons) are adorable!

3 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Tiny Island house. With a terrible comic.

It's a fantastically entertaining comic!  Pirate spiders is not something we've seen before - you've hit upon a new concept here.  You've created a formidable enemy who could also appear in future MOCs!

It also raises the question: who is in that command of that ship? Is it just zombie pirates... or is it something more...

@evancelt, your mini-minifig craze is taking off!

Awesome! :laugh_hard::rofl:

Great MOC and the story, love it!

For the future, if you love making comics, I would recommend you to check out Comic Life 3, it's a wonderful and easy tool for making comics. :pir-thumb:

11 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

Came for the house moc, left with a wholesome story. (rip house though...)

The story is hilarious, nice way to show a MOC. :laugh: The tiny house is charming and the little fellas (along with the cannons) are adorable!

Thanks ExeSandbox! I was leaning heavily towards just posting the pics with no comic, so I'm glad it turned out to be enjoyable because I was really doubting my story abilities. Very relieved, thanks! :blush:

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It's a fantastically entertaining comic!  Pirate spiders is not something we've seen before - you've hit upon a new concept here.  You've created a formidable enemy who could also appear in future MOCs!

It also raises the question: who is in that command of that ship? Is it just zombie pirates... or is it something more...

@evancelt, your mini-minifig craze is taking off!

Thanks Mister Phes! Yeah I went a little bit more towards the fantasy and absurd with some aspects hoping that would carry some of my inability for textual humor. And I haven't thought of a captain of the ship, gives me something further to do!

I debated the apocalypse babies vs nano figs (there's a pirate-painted nano figure that came with the lego minifigure factory GWP in 2018) but as I only have one of those I went with apocalypse babies. Originally was just going to do them talking from inside the house but realized that would quickly get repetitive. Felt the babies would be a humorous figure for the scale. More smaller-than-minfigure size stand-ins would allow us to make larger pirate builds with fewer pieces. :pir-triumph:

6 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Awesome! :laugh_hard::rofl:

Great MOC and the story, love it!

For the future, if you love making comics, I would recommend you to check out Comic Life 3, it's a wonderful and easy tool for making comics. :pir-thumb:

Thanks Marooned Marin! My goodness that software would have come in so handy. After the first two text bubbles I made a preset for them but it was still pretty tedious. I'm checking that out right now it looks like it'd relieve a lot of the effort on the layout. Really appreciate the suggestion!

45 minutes ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Such a cute micro! And a funny story to go with it! What's not to love? :D

Thanks Thomas Waagenaar! Really glad you like it. The micro scale can be a lot of fun working around the limitations and allow for a grander appearance with fewer pieces.

19 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

My goodness that software would have come in so handy.

I used it here (just scroll down until you hit the comic)... and you can do whole bunch of cool stuff in there.

Regarding your storytelling abilities, they are pure entertainment, so don't doubt them. 

Now, the most painful question: Will there be part II, and when? :pir-huzzah2:

17 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

I used it here (just scroll down until you hit the comic)... and you can do whole bunch of cool stuff in there.

Regarding your storytelling abilities, they are pure entertainment, so don't doubt them. 

Now, the most painful question: Will there be part II, and when? :pir-huzzah2:

Oh man I can't believe I missed your stunning MOC. Its amazing! And your comic is professional quality. Your creativity is mind blowing and inspiring and your title of Cunning Linguist is absolutely deserved! And thank you for the kind words. You have motivated me to continue, perhaps a fort is in order! Thanks again friend!

11 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Its amazing!

Thank ye, you are also too kind.

I'm looking forward to your fort, keep up the good work :pir-huzzah2:

On 8/7/2022 at 12:14 AM, Marooned Marin said:

Thank ye, you are also too kind.

I'm looking forward to your fort, keep up the good work :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks friend, and looking forward to your next creation as well! :grin_wub:

On 8/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, evancelt said:

Awesome micro! Love it. The windows are so good

Thanks Evancelt! The options were a bit limited at that scale.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:59 AM, Feuer Zug said:

The island is well done at that scale. The fun with the story makes for a good laugh. Thanks.

Thanks Feuer Zug! Really glad the story came out acceptable. :sweet:

On 8/12/2022 at 5:41 AM, Professor Thaum said:

What an awesome story and those cool micros to sustain it !

that's a :thumbup: for me !

Thank you Professor Thaum! The Pirates forum is the best, such a great crew! :pir-huzzah2: