The story so far:

Chapter 1 - The Interrogation
Chapter 2 - Early Days
Chapter 3 - The First Mate
Chapter 4 - The Storm
Chapter 5 - The Poker Game
Chapter 6 - Dancing with the Marquis
Chapter 7 - On the MSS
Chapter 8 - Practice makes perfect (you are here)

Having joined the Monkeys’ Secret Society, the Marquis spent considerable time on learning the control of animals

800x537.jpg

Aided by a lengthy manual he set out to work with the rubber duck

800x551.jpg

He whistled.

Nothing happened.

He whistled again.

Nothing happened.

800x600.jpg

He studied the manual.

He whistled slightly differently

800x609.jpg

Nothing happened.

800x598.jpg

He looked at the duck and the duck stared back at him.

“This will be more difficult than expected”, the Marquis thought

800x574.jpg

Later that day, the Marquis was back at the Monkey Headquarters to start his language training course.

800x547.jpg

Teacher:  Let’s have a look at the Oleon language, shall we?

Marquis (nods)

800x587.jpg

Teacher: Now, how do you pronounce that word?

Marquis (stays silent)

Teacher: You probably need a sip of bananarite milk to get started!

800x593.jpg

Marquis (takes a sip): Woo. Woo woo woo woo.

Teacher: That is better, but pay attention to your pronounciation.

Marquis: Vous!

Teacher: Excellent. Now:  Je ne suis qu'un pauvre garçon personne ne m'aime

Marquis: I am just a poor boy, nobody loves me.

(And from there, it just took off.)

Teacher: He's just a poor boy from a poor family! Spare him his life from this monstrosity!

Marquis: C'est juste un pauvre garçon d'une famille pauvre. Épargnez-lui sa vie de cette monstruosité!

Teacher:  Bismilla?

Marquis (with determination): Bismilla!

(Actually, later, when the Marquis was speaking, he often started with “Vous vous vous”, before turning into what he really wanted to say. Just because he had learned it that way.).

(to be continued)

Spoiler

I could not decide what was the best final shot for the animal training:

800x577.jpg

Spoiler

And when you saw "Bismilla" you maybe were reminded of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"...

On bananarite:

Spoiler

Bananarite is a special substance that in the first place enhances the taste of bananas (and obviously does other tricks for monkeys).

The Monkey Society has been set up to find bananarite.

The vulcanoe eruption on Gunpowder Island was, in fact, an explosion of a vast amount of bananarite, which led to bananic mutations on the island.

The marquis helped to resolve the situation.

In a 2018 storyline about the "Secret of the Eight Provinces" the monkeys were also trying to recover lost bananarite.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Love the use of the underside of the plates and clouds for the backdrop - looks super cool :)

That milk is something powerful! :pir-grin:  It's a really cool print, where'd you get it?  Neat to see you shaking up the sky technique a bit with the undersides this time.  The cloud undersides are especially good.

10 hours ago, evancelt said:

Love the use of the underside of the plates and clouds for the backdrop - looks super cool :)

I haven't really got used to it myself, but I agree that it creates a nice (and probably new) effect. :pir-sweet:

8 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

That milk is something powerful! :pir-grin:  It's a really cool print, where'd you get it?  Neat to see you shaking up the sky technique a bit with the undersides this time.  The cloud undersides are especially good.

People seemed to have forgotten about the many features of bananarite. :pir_laugh2:

The milk is nothing special, I thought, before I tried to find it again on bricklink. I might have found it as a special print at one of our BrickMania events in Antwerpen. Or I found it by searching for "banana" or "monkey". I do those things.

8 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

I love the "Banana school" design! Especially the obvious-yet-subtle banana floor tiling!

Yes, you have successfully uncovered the secret of the floor tiling :pir-laugh:

Those monkeys can be pretty rational - and then everything goes bananas again...

That's a lot of rubber ducks. I understand, bananarite milk that's the secret to learn a new language quickly.

1 hour ago, NOD said:

That's a lot of rubber ducks. I understand, bananarite milk that's the secret to learn a new language quickly.

:pir-laugh:  You got it. If you are a monkey, that is.

Clever little scroll there. Always a joy to see Monkey HQ. Perhaps the formation of some type of Bananarite Republic would ensure a steady flow of this most elusive element? 

11 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Clever little scroll there. Always a joy to see Monkey HQ. Perhaps the formation of some type of Bananarite Republic would ensure a steady flow of this most elusive element? 

"Banana Republic" - that's a (not so good) song by the Boomtown Rats. :pir_laugh2:

If the monkeys knew how to ensure a steady flow of bananarite they would not need a secret Monkey Society :pir-grin:

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld