Sign in to follow this  
Timorzelorzworz

42115 Lamborghini Miura Concept - alternate build

eb_img0.png

Hi community,

I am happy to show my latest build to complete the 2020 lineup - another Lamborghini which seems to be the alternate model of 42115 with the highest parts count used so far.

Following this link to the instructions on RB.

By clicking here you reach more of my content and models.

This is the Lamborghini Miura Concept from 2006, completely build from set 42115What you need to build this model? Only a copy of set 42115 Lamborghini Sian from 2020. All 3434 required parts comes from set 42115, using 93% of them. The model uses one spare part, which is also included in the Sian's inventory. Other parts are not required to build this Lamborghini Miura Concept alternate model out of the Sian.
a.gif
Summary of Functions & Feautures

• double wishbone suspension in front and back
  • manual steering with working steering wheel
  • openable doors with auto-locking system
  • openable hood and rear section
  • detachable engine cover
  • 4-speed transmission gearbox with reverse gear
  • 4x4 drivetrain with 2 differentials
  • Lamborghini V12-engine with moving pistons
  • open window in bottom to view gearbox
  • detailed interior
  • includes golf bag with 3 rackets (under hood)
  • modular building
  • detailed design with printed parts
  • fits all Supercas in approx 1:8 scale
  • measures (all parts closed) 53cm x 28cm x 13cm

Impressions

r_img15.png

r_img13.png

r_img9.png

r_img3.png

r_img21.png

r_img20.png

r_img22.png

Suspension

The suspension in front and back is made double wishbone, with a suspension in front very similar to Sian. The rear suspension is made different with horizontally mounted shock absorbers, because the engine is placed over the suspension. Travel, hardness and space between wheels and fenders are just great.

Engine

Miura Concepts detailed V12-engine with moving pistons is connected through the gearbox directly to the 4x4 drivetrain. The engine can be watched working by detaching the engine cover easily or by tilting the rear section, to reveal the engine bay. 

r_img14.png

r_img7.png

r_img24.png

Gearbox

The gearbox is a typically H-shifter in the middle console of the car. I experimented many hours with the gearbox and changed it from 6 speeds to 4 speeds due much friction in the drivetrain, but with a cool and realistic working reverse gear instead. Shifting gears is clearly noticeable in the drivetrain and can be seen by different speeds of the moving pistons of the engine. To make all the shifters working, I developed a gearbox for this model never seen before.

r_img8.png

shifter.png

For a full wheel spin, the engine fires 1.87 times in the first gear and 0.373 times in the fourth gear, which is only 37% of a wheel spin. Like in a real car, the reverse gear fits between the first and second gear in ratio. Following is a summary of the gear ratios, measured from wheel (input) to engine shaft (output):

1. Gear -> 1:1.87

2. Gear -> 1:1.12

3. Gear -> 1:0.625

4. Gear -> 1:0.373

Reverse -> 1:1.34R

Doors

Like real car design, I started developing this model by the doors and implemented a cool self-locking door mechanism. Each door stays in position when closed and can only be opened by triggering the doorhandle. When closing a door, it locks automatically.

anim.gif

r_img2.png

r_img16.png

Golf bag

Overnight bags are out (and maybe thats the reason why 42143 Ferrari doesn't have it anymore). Take a ride to the next golf club with this model. It includes a golf bag with 3 different rackets that all fits under the hood. 

r_img5.png

r_img12.png

Prints

Luckily the 42115 Lamborghini Sian uses prints, so there is no need for custom sticker or custom prints. Using the Lamborghini prints gives this model the final touch. 

prints.png

The real car promo

Following are some promo images of the real car prototype alternately with model images:

promo_real1.jpg

promo_render1.png

promo_real2.jpg

promo_render2.png

promo_real3.jpg

promo_render3.png

promo_real4.jpg

promo_render4.png

About the Miura Concept (2006)

The House of the Raging Bull has unveiled the Miura Concept 2006, that celebrates the 40th anniversary of the legendary GT. The idea was to create a new concept with a retro-inspired look heralding back to one of the auto world’s most famous icons - the legendary Lamborghini Miura. This new edition features a clean style with smooth surfaces and straight cuts that define the opening body panels. The new Miura prototype from 2006 can be considered a faithful re-interpretation of the original one, even in details like the grey-lime appearance and the air-intakes who makes this concept car instantly recognizable as a Miura. A modern styling cue is represented by the rear headlights, whose design is very close to that of the latest Lamborghini models. In 2006 the new concept model was strictly a prototype with no firm date set for production launch and is still prototype in 2022. It exists a real manufactured car in the Lamborghini Museum in Italy, but having this model on shelf or desk is a much higher chance than seeing it in reality. The instructions of 42115 Sian shows a Miura at the beginning - maybe a secret hint to this model? ...

Instructions

The premium instructions for this model comes in 5 PDF files with a total of 766 pages of high quality images and building steps. For the first time, I splitted the instructions to multiple files due the large size and complexity of the model and made the most challenging and largest instructions released so far, to ensure a satisfying and long building experience with this model. Following are 5 example pages to show the quality of instructions:

i_65_1x.png

i_136_1x.png

i_21_1x.png

i_64_1x.png

i_66_1x.png

Final words

Thanks to Pawel Turalski (C3technic) for his pre-release support.

This model is my masterpiece in art, design and functionality. It took me countless hours to make. Have fun with it.

This looks simply amazing. Not only have you created a detailed 1:8 scale car. It also replicates the looks of the real car closely - and to top it of, done using only a subset of the 42115 parts. I wish I had the ingenuity - and time - to do such models my self. I will most definitely take on this model as soon as I get the time and a spare 42115

Your presentation is top notch. As for the set I mean the MOC [looks so much like an official one] looks sooo lifelike. The details are amazing. Really liked the sideview mirror solutions. 

Edited by thekoRngear

As a B model, it's quite good. The list of functions is impressive. The front and rear end are great. But I don't like the area between the front and rear wheels. It's just almost completely flat which just looks bad, imo. On the real car there is a subtle curve which admittedly is very difficult to recreate with Lego, and even harder with the limitations of a B model.

Very nice B-model! I like that you chose to use a stick-shift gearbox instead of a 'standard' sequential gearbox. I also really like the use of wishbones in the chairs, that is inspired! The roof is a bit flat and maybe a little too wide, but given the limitations of a B-model that is really nitpicking.

Very cool B-model! Great presentation of the model although I would love to see some photo's of it built from actual bricks (not just renders). The front lights desperately need a trans clear dish to really nail the look, off course that's the limitations with a B-model though... 

I agree with a couple of comments above. The wishbones in the seats is very clever and awesome part usage! And I also agree with the side view appearing quite flat... James Miura B-model (from the Porsche) is an excellent example of getting a bit more shape into the side profile. But again I understand you are limited with the pieces.

Thanks for sharing!

Are those instructions made with Studio? If so, did you manually add the black size square/rounds at the axles/liftarms (Not the ones in the sizebox ofcourse)? If so, that's some determination! If it's an automatic option, I need to know where! Especially technic bricks are hard to make instructions for, a they don't have a size box, so you'll need to count the holes or add manually everywhere a picture.

Very nice model anyway.

2 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

Are those instructions made with Studio? If so, did you manually add the black size square/rounds at the axles/liftarms (Not the ones in the sizebox ofcourse)? If so, that's some determination! If it's an automatic option, I need to know where! Especially technic bricks are hard to make instructions for, a they don't have a size box, so you'll need to count the holes or add manually everywhere a picture.

Very nice model anyway.

You can press “insert” and “add 1:1 scale chart” or something like that. It’s still manual-ish but at least you don’t have to add in a photo every time

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

You can press “insert” and “add 1:1 scale chart” or something like that. It’s still manual-ish but at least you don’t have to add in a photo every time

I don't get the black circled numbers near the axles (in the callout boxes) if I do that, only the 1:1 size box to put in the corner.

WOW! This looks much better than the 42115. I'll build the Sian but it's the Miura that'll be sitting on the shelf.

20 hours ago, langko said:

I would love to see some photo's of it built from actual bricks (not just renders).

You can see pictures from "real" on my page clicking here

19 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

If so, did you manually add the black size square/rounds at the axles/liftarms (Not the ones in the sizebox ofcourse)?

The flags for indicating axle and liftarm lengths are manually added images in the instructions. It is still a missing feature in Stud.io

This is a beautiful build @Timorzelorzworz, great choice of model, and very nicely implemented. Really nice curves, I especially like the rear section, and how everything is openable, and great that it has a gearbox that's different from a usual supercar builds! Congrats!