Dear all.

Allow me to introduce my latest MOC which was in development long time now, its supposed to be scaled replica of CLAAS Torion 1914 wheel loader from CLAAS company in 1:17 Scale.

The reason why i chose this moc was due to lack of other "colour" machinery in this segment and also being kind of specific wheeloader for agrocultural sphere which i love.
Claas Torion 1914 is colaboration with Liebherr on joint wheelloader project, Liebherr version is L550 and up. 

1280x960.jpg

Model is combination of technic chassis and functions with system easthetics. Over 2000 pieces and 4 motors of Control + type allows for good looks and good playability, 
althrought a bit limited by weaker PU motors compare to PF, i chose PU to get in new wave of tech + easier and cheaper accesibility on market as the PF functions are getting 
more expensive. 

320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 

Functions are provided by 3x L PU motor and 1x XL PU motor

Driver 1x XL
Steering 1x L
Pneumatics #1 1x L 
Pneumatics #2 1x L 

Each L motor serves for pump and switch together by sariel pump/switch combo, but modified to suit my needs in this build.
there are two 6L pumps connected to each motor without any air tank so the actions are not so snappy and responsive and it all depends on the power of motors and batteries.
due to this i am seriosly considering upgrading to Buwizz 3.0 to see if it will make it perform better and faster. 

I don't usually know what more to type about the MOC so i will answer every question in comments section if i will be able.  Enjoy the photos (video later today)

Edited by mktechniccreations

What can I say, it just looks stunning :-)

I am really looking forward to the video!

It looks very nice; even if I prefer to use as much as possible technic parts for look (I would use 3 x 7 panel or 7 stud long beams instead of dark bluish gray sloped over front differential), but I agree that sometimes it is impossible with technic parts.

@mktechniccreations, when Xerion was introduced by Lego I have made some possible combinations which machinery could be made with those tires..one of scenarios was to make Xerion tire represent following real life tires

(Scale 1:15 example)

600/70R30 - 1605mm overall diameter 

710/60R30 - 1615mm overall diameter

23.5-25 - 1612mm overall diameter 

First two tires are used on JCB Fastrac 4220 and last is used on Claas Torion 1812 and 1914; you can read which tires which range of Torions use at the bottom of webpage under nr3 footnote just above gallery

So it seems that (if there is no other option) if you decide to choose tire overall diameter as starting point for your MOC, it should be 1:15 model...

Just little help :wink:

Nevertheless you made beautiful model :wub:

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

@mktechniccreations, when Xerion was introduced by Lego I have made some possible combinations which machinery could be made with those tires..one of scenarios was to make Xerion tire represent following real life tires

(Scale 1:15 example)

600/70R30 - 1605mm overall diameter 

710/60R30 - 1615mm overall diameter

23.5-25 - 1612mm overall diameter 

First two tires are used on JCB Fastrac 4220 and last is used on Claas Torion 1812 and 1914; you can read which tires which range of Torions use at the bottom of webpage under nr3 footnote just above gallery

So it seems that (if there is no other option) if you decide to choose tire overall diameter as starting point for your MOC, it should be 1:15 model...

Just little help :wink:

Nevertheless you made beautiful model :wub:

if i would be building moc based on the models that matches the (only one) big agro tire that lego is producing then ill be very limited in my MOCs, thats why i cramed "bigger" wheel on the smaller body. 

Correct me if i am wrong, but if i took 3500 mm wheelbase and scaled everything accordingly which means wheelbase is 20,5 cm then its 1:17 right ? 

I love it. Nothing else to say. Ag is my favourite sector so i'm very familiar with this machine and you've done a gorgeous job. Brilliant.

I love the bulky appearance of the motor adn rear bumper, and the overall colour scheme.

And of course, all the mechanics!

8 hours ago, mktechniccreations said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but if i took 3500 mm wheelbase and scaled everything accordingly which means wheelbase is 20,5 cm then its 1:17 right ? 

Based on wheelbase you are right; but usually starting point is tire dimension if you want realistic model. MOCs with (significantly) smaller or bigger tires look cartoonish :wink:

Excellent.

Even if looks a bit model-teamish, I like it. ;)

Edited by Mikdun
Punctation

Great video!  I really need to update from handheld phone to steady camera.... :D

Did you tinker a lot with the P-kinematic of the arm? As the pneumatic cylinder is a little bit longer than in reality, I am still struggeling, but want the full movement of the real model. I am also lacking of a blueprint to see the actual connection point of the P-kinematic on the chassis. It's more trial and error in this way :-/

2 hours ago, 1gor said:

Based on wheelbase you are right; but usually starting point is tire dimension if you want realistic model. MOCs with (significantly) smaller or bigger tires look cartoonish :wink:

I understand you, but i decided to make it rather than not making it at all just for this reason, after all tires are "interchangable" part of any machinery, body itself is not. 

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Great video!  I really need to update from handheld phone to steady camera.... :D

Did you tinker a lot with the P-kinematic of the arm? As the pneumatic cylinder is a little bit longer than in reality, I am still struggeling, but want the full movement of the real model. I am also lacking of a blueprint to see the actual connection point of the P-kinematic on the chassis. It's more trial and error in this way :-/

i struggled with kinematics for 3 months, it was constant fight of moving each pivot point where it was perfect, this was real strugle, since every loader that i saw used cylinder that was under the arm not on top of it. 

2 hours ago, mktechniccreations said:

I understand you, but i decided to make it rather than not making it at all just for this reason, after all tires are "interchangable" part of any machinery, body itself is not. 

You are right about exchangeable tires (standard tires and options), and of course it is only up to you how you would represent real  thing 

2 hours ago, mktechniccreations said:

i struggled with kinematics for 3 months, it was constant fight of moving each pivot point where it was perfect, this was real strugle, since every loader that i saw used cylinder that was under the arm not on top of it. 

Even though the P-kinematic (parallel) should be easier than the Z-kinematic, it's hard to find the "sweet spots" where you have good range, high parallelity and matching cylinders geometrie...

17 hours ago, mktechniccreations said:

if i would be building moc based on the models that matches the (only one) big agro tire that lego is producing then ill be very limited in my MOCs, thats why i cramed "bigger" wheel on the smaller body. 

I tend to build this way too. I often find that MOCs look "undertired" when the tire size perfectly matches the scales size.

As other have said, this is truly a great MOC. The colors looks great, and the shaping of the rear engine compartment is perfect. I remember through the development how you had some difficulty with the exhaust, and I think the solution you devised is perfect. While I have my issues with C+, I do think using it makes the MOC a little more future proof, so I respect your decision to use this rather than stick with PF. It's always tricky working pneumatics with motors, so well done incorporating the two.

My favorite detail is the lifting rings that are on the rear bumper mounted studs sideways. It's little, but I love it.

Congratulations on a great MOC. 

I am not really know much about this kind of equipment (more of a cars+tanks kinda guy) but I think this looks like a very well put-together MOC! Well done M8!

Great design! Since I have the most important needed parts for some time now and was waiting for a great design like this, I will build this. An order for the missing parts just went out.

I have good experiences with Pybricks and will control this with a Pybricks program I will write myself. With Pybricks no device is needed and control is done with the remote only. Unfortunately, since this is a commercial MOC, I cannot make the program (freely or commercially) available when finished.

I must admit I have a bit of concern on rigidity with the brick-build design, especially the special plates with pin holes at the end of the Lime lift arms (unfortunately not available in Lime). I will know when finished building.

1 hour ago, Berthil said:

Great design! Since I have the most important needed parts for some time now and was waiting for a great design like this, I will build this. An order for the missing parts just went out.

I have good experiences with Pybricks and will control this with a Pybricks program I will write myself. With Pybricks no device is needed and control is done with the remote only. Unfortunately, since this is a commercial MOC, I cannot make the program (freely or commercially) available when finished.

I must admit I have a bit of concern on rigidity with the brick-build design, especially the special plates with pin holes at the end of the Lime lift arms (unfortunately not available in Lime). I will know when finished building.

I still have to research what the pybrick is, i have to learn. And Thank you. Yes the model is not so rigid as with Technic style but i decided to make that sacrafice. But please dont expect that it will lift 1kg 

Superb looking model! I like these system/technic mixed models, even though (or maybe because) I never build in this style. Also the photographs do the model real justice, that low camera angle makes it look even more imposing.

I've purchased instructions and have build this but meanwhile the Rebrickable entry has been removed!
For me the model was too fragile, especially at the back section. I write 'was' because I disassembled it.
I will not be making a Pybricks file for it, why should I if the model has been removed from Rebrickable.

Edited by Berthil
Link added

@Berthil Here is the information that you probably haven't known about:

https://www.novinky.cz/clanek/zahranicni-evropa-na-slovensku-se-zritilo-letadlo-z-ceska-40423707

The designer was one of those four people in that crashed plane, so I believe that's the reason why he's no longer selling anything.

I hope this info helps to understand.

I believe it is a huge loss for his friends and other builders either.

May his soul rest in peace.