Utapau™ Defense

By Rui Miguel

Hello there!

Utapau™ Defense is a product concept I made as a fictional LEGO set. With the AT-TE Walker set from Star Wars Episode 3 revealed this year I decided to make this small Minifigure pack; introducing a Crab droid as seen in the movie. I noticed a demand amongst fans to have a Crab droid in LEGO form, so from model design, building instructions to packaging I set my skills on this challenge.

Fjq8N1p.jpg

I’m a fan of Star Wars and LEGO so during the design process I was very concerned about making and presenting as close as possible a LEGO Product experience and at the same time balancing a low-cost and easy-to-purchase/find existing LEGO parts. With the Bricklink studio file you can upload to Bricklink and generate a wanted list of LEGO parts needed to order.

eOwOnkD.jpg

Features:
- 46 pcs (crab droid only)

- Articulated legs

- Stud shooter

Download Links (mega):

PDF building Instructions

https://mega.nz/file/CUEyFY4B#HfHeCytByif_Nxb9NzPaEhB8RcS7DQGO1uouP2AAvAY

Studio file (.io)

https://mega.nz/file/rNlghaAI#R5Knv6paNJlIy_xFu9mrY0A_6jTSB64xKmwWteSs7ds

I haven't post anything for a while but this model is the first of a wave of projects I’m really excited to finally share with you fellow LEGO and Star Wars fans who are reading this. I hope you like my work and have fun building and playing. Feel free to leave a comment😉 Feedback is always appreciated 😊

May the Force Be With You

Edited by Rui Miguel

53 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

I love your attention for detail in even the packaging of such a small build, great work!

Thank you :yoda: @Big_Daddy for noticing those details :) There's a lot of editing work in the process.   

24 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

This is amazing, a perfect compliment to the AT-TE

Yes! Absolutely @McMurder_them_softly :thumbup: And it fits very well on a diorama or vignette too.

I forgot to mention but in the PDF of the building instructions, there is a small tease of what is to come next. :excited: 

The attention to detail is incredible right down to the correct pieces in the packaging. 

This is exactly something I would love and at the same time dread they'd make, since it would be available ONLY through LEGO stores and S@H and perennially sold-out.
Availability issue aside, I think that's one of the best Crab Droids I've ever seen, especially for such a small build.

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

This is exactly something I would love and at the same time dread they'd make, since it would be available ONLY through LEGO stores and S@H and perennially sold-out.
Availability issue aside, I think that's one of the best Crab Droids I've ever seen, especially for such a small build.

@Per_SW Thank you so much for your view and appreciation ;) You can still have one like this for your collection as I have posted the building instructions with the Bricklink Studio file. It is easy to make a wanted list to order the parts from Brinklink. :) Maybe next year LEGO might do something like this, but I can also feel the pain as it sold out immediately. 

I promise not to disappoint with my next project reveal :pir-vader: