Sign in to follow this  
Master0889

[MOC] Return to Spanish Armada Fort

Fantastic build! The daring use of various bright colours gives that overall tropic vibe. :pir-thumb:

Do you have any images of interior, or one from the back side?

This is beautiful! :pir-love: I like the architecture of the buildings and I especially like the fountain. The diorama is built very well, varied and interesting.

Edited by NOD

On 7/31/2022 at 4:26 AM, Master0889 said:

IMG_5682

Glorious! This is definitely worth a feature on our various communication channels! :pir-triumph:

This is an absolutely gorgeous MOC. Super detailed, very Spanish, love the style and especially warm, clean and sharp photography. Fantastic!

Very cool MOC, I'm loving all the bright colors and the warm tropical feel it has!

Oh my, this is spectacular! If memory serves, I think I've seen a few of your other Pirate-themed MOCs on this very forum, and I always remain impressed at your ability to update some of the classics with new parts that keep it accessible and familiar without feeling too detailed or cluttered. And this is no exception!

The side-lighting on that beautiful tan and nougat(?)-colored building is what first caught my eye, and definitely works for the greedy Imperial Armada to have a building that resembles a gold brick!

Of course the best part about this MOC is that after taking in that phenomenal building (all the way down to that great lion-headed fountain), your eye gets drawn to the more classical white-and-green building next door, which is a wonderful shout-out to the Armada's only official building, complete with (what-else?) those fantastic green doors.

Finally, hats off on making a whole bunch of unique conquistadors without falling back on the original minifigure torsos or heads! All of them fit in quite nicely and compliment the Series 8 CMF Conquistador quite well! Nicely done all around, and I for sure would not mind adding this to my Pirates of Barracuda Bay layout (after all, they gotta steal from someone, right?)

I never was much of a pirate, but I often find pirate MOCs full of amazing features, vibrant colours and eye catching details. In part, the scene seems very old-school, but is updated to modern times through use of various parts and pieces. I really like the flower bush and sand green roofs contrasting with bright green doors and windows. There might be too much gold for my taste, but since this group of pirates is so successful at hoarding gold, they should use it for their headquarters.