Captain Braunsfeld

[MOC ] Pirates strictly come dancing ... (Let's dance)

Recommended Posts

Unbenownst to most modern historians (a contradiction in itself, or is it?) dancing was quite popular in the age of pirates.

800x711.jpg

Here you can see Swash Buck Johnny performing with "Baby" Francis.

800x555.jpg

Their dance act was alway spectacular.

800x576.jpg

You would never know if the final jump would work out. Everybody would hold their breath in anticipation.

800x624.jpg

Later, Frances said something about a watermelon, which was kind of weird as nobody had seen such a fruit and such a brick had not been found on bricklink..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job with the dynamic pose for Johnny and Francis! And I really like the truncated cones for women's skirts. Very clever! :thumbup:

Good job with the floor, too. And of course the array of minifigs is excellent, as always.

On 7/30/2022 at 4:17 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Later, Frances said something about a watermelon, which was kind of weird as nobody had seen such a fruit and such a brick had not been found on bricklink.

I humbly submit:

watermelon.jpg  and watermelon2.jpg

And, deep in the jungles of a strange island in the Brick Seas, the jumbo (man-eating?) variety:

watermelon3.jpg

:pir-grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:pir-love:  Dancing was also popular on Sid Meier's Pirates game. This is a very beautiful dance hall built with many details. Johnny and Francis can dance very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite the spectacular dance hall. Swash Buck Johnny must be in good with the local authorities to dance in such a fine establishment. The pose is great, and the skirt give the impression of movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2022 at 7:17 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Unbenownst to most modern historians (a contradiction in itself, or is it?) dancing was quite popular in the age of pirates.

Since when was it a secret? Having you played Sid Meier's: Pirates!?

Dancing is an essential part of courting the fine wenches governor's daughters.

 

13 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I humbly submit:

watermelon.jpg  and watermelon2.jpg

And, deep in the jungles of a strange island in the Brick Seas, the jumbo (man-eating?) variety:

watermelon3.jpg

:pir-grin:

Fruit party! :pir-stareyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2022 at 3:40 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Great job with the dynamic pose for Johnny and Francis! And I really like the truncated cones for women's skirts. Very clever! :thumbup:

Good job with the floor, too. And of course the array of minifigs is excellent, as always.

I humbly submit:

watermelon.jpg  and watermelon2.jpg

And, deep in the jungles of a strange island in the Brick Seas, the jumbo (man-eating?) variety:

watermelon3.jpg

:pir-grin:

 

I humbly accept :pir_laugh2:  

However, there is no melon in my build.

On 8/1/2022 at 5:58 AM, NOD said:

:pir-love:  Dancing was also popular on Sid Meier's Pirates game. This is a very beautiful dance hall built with many details. Johnny and Francis can dance very well.

 

Thanks. I love(d) playing Sid Meier's Pirates!  (Still runs on my Steam)

Johnny and Francis is a reference to the 80s movie "Dirty Dancing" :pir-grin:

18 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Nice and cute build :pir-thumb:

Thank you sir, :pir-huzzah1:

15 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Since when was it a secret? Having you played Sid Meier's: Pirates!?

Dancing is an essential part of courting the fine wenches governor's daughters.

 

And some daughters were even more beautiful than others.... 

But I just love that word "unbenownst"... :pir-laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Secret... Well.. I know a certain captain that start with a S... Either he dance or drinks that much that it looks like he dance all the time :) 

But great work :) Love the floor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

But I just love that word "unbenownst"... 

Aye, it's a pearler of a word!  You should use it at every available opportunity.

But what inspired you to build a MOC of pirate ballroom dancing of all things? It is ballroom dancing, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

But what inspired you to build a MOC of pirate ballroom dancing of all things? It is ballroom dancing, isn't it?

Yes it is ballroom dancing.  And I am doing this myself. 

I had thought about those cone-skirts for some time - and now I managed to turn this into a MOC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, Piraten said:

Secret... Well.. I know a certain captain that start with a S... Either he dance or drinks that much that it looks like he dance all the time :) 

But great work :) Love the floor 

You mean the last name of the captain starts with an S?

Yepp, I also think the floor has turned out right :pir-grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exceptional scene! It ain't all cannons and maps and buried wooden chests; maybe the real treasure is the fun they had along the way. Outstanding interior architecture!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2022 at 5:15 PM, Mister Phes said:

Since when was it a secret? Having you played Sid Meier's: Pirates!?

 Dancing is an essential part of courting the fine wenches governor's daughters.

 

On 8/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

And some daughters were even more beautiful than others.... 

 

yes, a great inspiration for lego fans! I also tried one: 

but not so nice and big as this ballroom of @Captain Braunsfeld ! 

Nice one, keep going!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

 

yes, a great inspiration for lego fans! I also tried one: 

but not so nice and big as this ballroom of @Captain Braunsfeld ! 

Nice one, keep going!

 

You are right, of course, the topic of "dancing" has been covered before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

It looks like she had the time of her life, and she owes it all to him.

Spot on! And now  I have this song in my head again :pir_laugh2:  ... just remember...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Spot on! And now  I have this song in my head again :pir_laugh2:  ... just remember...

What can I say, except, you're welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a lovely dancing hall, I like how you made those hoop skirts :pir_laugh2:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2022 at 12:45 PM, Sebeus I said:

What a lovely dancing hall, I like how you made those hoop skirts :pir_laugh2:.

Thanks - fashion is always important!  :pir-grin:

 

tag-fontpage-pirates-276x60.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.