Sign in to follow this  
Darkkostas25

[MOC]Highspeed bullettrain

My attempt at a Highspeed bullet train was based on the usage of an aeroplane nose and some minor parts of it. Based on ideas of the Shinkansen 0-series.

YCcdHji.png

1 - engine-passenger (2-second class)

iddrpWN.pnggH2DYyb.pngIgEKWL8.png4nmtXkR.pngUbUOxVG.png

2 - passenger (1 and 2-second class)

hy7jhSr.pngY9cFWSt.pngaz65Byg.pngtgAu0f8.png

3 - diner-car (as some bonus wagon)

c2IEZwW.png3Dn2aWJ.png6jDaICL.png

Link to Bricklink Stud.io preview and download  

Edited by Darkkostas25

Nice use of the big aircraft nose. It works well for the high speed train. I like your solution for the curves in the nose. Turning part of it sideways and using curved slopes works here. Using the sticker as a basis for the coloration on the side gives it some character to the passenger cars as well.

1 hour ago, Sunil766 said:

This is really really cool! As a non-pro... This only works in 8w I guess? 

Yeah solution for  6-stud wide aeroplane nose peace is not quite good for my taste for the first try, but fine 
gD8T3Cq.png

4 hours ago, XG BC said:

looks nice! only one missing is the helicopter nosepiece now.

5uEj7xx.png

and little update
m128XlO.png

Edited by Darkkostas25

kinda like the helicopter one. looks like a regional commuter train. very nicely built!

1 hour ago, XG BC said:

kinda like the helicopter one. looks like a regional commuter train. very nicely built!

I agree ...the new train with the helicopter nose is better also IMO :thumbup:

Using the helicopter nose front makes it look like a Motive Power commuter locomotive. Well done.

All very nice!  I've got the aeroplane for which you used the parts in the first train, and it certainly makes it look extremely sleek!  I've seen several MOCs using those parts but yours is by far the best I've seen.  

Those 6 wide versions also look extremely nice - like others on here, I particularly like the one using the helicopter nose.  I was rebuilding a set using exactly that piece just the other day....

My goodness these are all so awesome. You're a train maniac! There's a strong preference for ye olde steam trains around here but as one who prefers advanced high speed commuter trains these are without question some of the best I've ever seen. That bullet train is so sleek top to bottom and your latest one with the helicopter-nose is perfection. Well done and fantastic building!

On 8/7/2022 at 9:36 AM, Sunil766 said:

Agree, however I feel the loco would work well with a second full bogie too! :-) 

hmm, yeah you are right get some updates soon 

On 8/7/2022 at 4:33 AM, koalayummies said:

My goodness these are all so awesome. You're a train maniac! There's a strong preference for ye olde steam trains around here but as one who prefers advanced high speed commuter trains these are without question some of the best I've ever seen. That bullet train is so sleek top to bottom and your latest one with the helicopter-nose is perfection. Well done and fantastic building!

Thanks for kind words :

Update Time 
4uBJrUI.pngcE1o9y9.pngHoRIgPf.png

3 hours ago, Darkkostas25 said:

Update Time 
4uBJrUI.png

That could be a city set... no, too good to be a city set, but it does look like it could meet the criteria to be a city set.

2 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

That could be a city set... no, too good to be a city set, but it does look like it could meet the criteria to be a city set.

if I make it shorter(common shorter train base and boogies) and even less detailed(for me it is now at a bear minimum) may be + I take Idea from lego passenger train 60051 with some(a lot) changes for its variation but with 6stud wide aeroplane nose 
d6GuZl9.png

5 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

:laugh: There is always something just a bit lacking in the City trains, but it leaves room for modding improvement.

9 hours ago, Darkkostas25 said:

Update Time

Perfection. Especially love that these designs don't rely on stickers for the colored lines like so many of the official sets. :wub_drool:

3 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

:laugh: There is always something just a bit lacking in the City trains, but it leaves room for modding improvement.

Perfection. Especially love that these designs don't rely on stickers for the colored lines like so many of the official sets. :wub_drool:

sadly trams in City got downgraded (the last one from town`s square is oufull ):\

5 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Perfection. Especially love that these designs don't rely on stickers for the colored lines like so many of the official sets

Yeah,  it`s hard to make proper colours for them (even Lego can`t handle it) but they help and make lots of work easier and not melting your brain for ours for got proper aligning @~@ 

Oh, I love the green chopper-nosed one.  Marvelous. If it were a City set I'd buy it.  As opposed to the official, very boring, City train sets (see?  "Trains" is not even a theme now, and hasn't been for a *very* long time).

The blue & grey one is very nice too, but would never run on my layout.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:35 PM, Darkkostas25 said:

My attempt at a Highspeed bullet train was based on the usage of an aeroplane nose and some minor parts of it. Based on ideas of the Shinkansen 0-series.

Hide contents

YCcdHji.png

Really awesome train and great use of the cockpit part! I don't know if you are aware or if it is a coincidence with your choice of depicting the Shinkansen, but the Shinkansen E7/W7 has exactly the color scheme of that train/cockpit, but is white instead of dark blue below the nose.

Edited by Hermes Mocs
Wrote in the spoiler by accident

7 minutes ago, Hermes Mocs said:

Really awesome train and great use of the cockpit part! I don't know if you are aware or if it is a coincidence with your choice of depicting the Shinkansen, but the Shinkansen E7/W7 has exactly the color scheme of that train/cockpit, but is white instead of dark blue below the nose.

the shape of 0 series(mostly inspired), colours based on existing parts with prints for better details
the original model was kinda like "Lego friends themed" 
Xn4nfV9.png
I still have an idea of Friends themed train (coz why not)

Edited by Darkkostas25

Friends themed train needs to be done. I still have ideas about them and just need the time to commit to building it. My youngest is 4 right now and would love a Friends train. She watches the show on Netflix all the time. I've seen Friends inspired trains before, but yours above looks like it could be do-able!