Sign in to follow this  
BillytheKid

Cleaning 12v track - PandaCity of Bricks

Mine layout ain't what you can call small anymore, but I have to keep the 12v track clean. Otherwise it won't run badly or not. I made a short 5 min video how I clean and keep it clean the 12v track.

Cleaning 12v track

I love it! Simple and effective. As you said, this way its even fun and you can easily reach all the spots. Nothing better than properly maintaining stuff so that it works beautifully for as long as possible. 

As a 9V rep I thought about doing something similar but feel like to properly keep the rails shiny you'd need much more pressure - the way I'd rub them with a cloth and Kirschwasser would probably translate to thousands of "drive-by"s with a heavy train propelled by a lot of motors. 

Cleaning Car runningVery  Nice @BillytheKid. yours is much prettier than mine!

I don't have anything newer than 12v trains, so I went back to 4.5v battery power. I use the battery box as the weight for the cleaning car 

I use alcohol and non-stick scouring pads cut down to fit

@Reker1000000 here is my design

52246243745_b70d76a3ac_z.jpg

its runs slow but is great for getting into hard to reach places without lifting the track.

@Sunil766 yes some parts still need a good manual scrub especially the points, but this does a good job of keeping it clean ...

here it is in action Running

and after about 5 mins around the track:

result

Edited by ThePhatController
video link 2

Glue and Lego? You play with fire :cannon::pir-devil: ......... Just press it in the hole I made in it. And a 2x4 bricks push it on the innertrack.