Hi all, 

Thanks for the help when i made my "HELP!" post, and i have imporoved greatly over the time span. At the time of posting that forum, i was making very bad (structurally and it just looked horrible) chassi's without steering and no suspension, one wheel drive, and a very limited selection of parts. Following all of your suggestions, i am now making much better chassi's (i dont know how to spell it lol) with drive suspension, and no steering. I dont know how to make the body of trucks, so please give suggestions on that, and i also need suggestions for steering with drive (no linker arms and ball joints or wheel hubs please and using no CV joint and only universal joints)

Thanks!

Increasing your parts will give you better options and also depends on the scale or tire size you are going to use.

RM8 fj40 is a classic design.

Thirdwiggs unimogs classic and user friendly.

Google and rebrickable.com is your friend

Kind regards Matt 

Adding to that, all instructions for official Lego models are free on the Lego website. Most of them are very stable builds, although steering range is mostly very limited.

If your part selection is that limited, going for a not-so-stable floating axle would probably be your best bet in terms of steered and suspended axles. You will only need a differential and a universal joint (+beams and connectors) to make it work

8 hours ago, Jundis said:

Adding to that, all instructions for official Lego models are free on the Lego website. Most of them are very stable builds, although steering range is mostly very limited.

I have looked at many instructions but i just cant seem to replicate it properly

I started building MOCs 2 years ago just for fun (not to sell). When I started, I had assembled maybe 3 technic sets and took them all apart to use them for parts. Most of us start by simply stacking WAY TOO many beams thinking this builds strength--it doesn't. Weight it at a premium. The best designs were those I learned to use substitutes and was only able to complete 90%. Over time, I purchased the top 10 largest technic sets used from ebay and built them while learning a number of design techniques (differentials, suspensions, gearboxes, frames, moto placement). I then used those parts to build as many technic sets from lego.com and as many free MOCs from rebrickable as I could find. When you do this you're following the work of another designer who's solved some problem or came with a creative alternative and that is truly magic. I can't even tell you how many times I thought I had everything, got halfway through and sat and stared at it frustrated as I was out of suitable substitutions. I would have to break it all down to wait for stuff from brickowl or bricklink. Over time, you will learn the basics and the limitations, you'll rebuild and fail...rebuild and succeed and that's part of the fun. 

You should pick up a copy of Sariel’s book “The unofficial lego technic builder’s guide”.  Reading this book will teach you everything you could want to know about how to build with Technic.