Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Building Challenge Discussion

Players of the Mystery Castle game, I call you now! As part of the on-going fun and games, I, Ragnir the Mighty, have a mini-challenge for you. This is not optional, enter if you wish to live, or cook on my barbecue. :devil: For all the original details, please see the last page of the Day 4 thread.

Right, this is what you must do. You, the participants, are required to build a vignette (8x8 Lego Square) depicting a scene from the game. It can be one that has already featured or something you want to see in the game. Make it funny, because we dragons love having a good laugh.

The vignettes are to be completed and posted in the entries thread by the 27th of July, which gives you plenty of time. After this, a poll will be made and the community will vote for their favourite! Any one who doesn't enter will be severely booed.

There are only a few guidelines; I trust your common sense.

1. Custom pieces/decals/paper costumes are all allowed, just no clone bricks. :sick:

2. There are to be no structural overhangs, however you may of course have the odd weapon, body part, or plant etc hanging over a little. This is up to your discretion, however I will tell you if something is inappropriate. Just don't cheat by sticking a 16x16 plate on top!

3. There is no height limit.

4. This challenge is only open to Mystery Castle players (current and deceased if they also want to join in the fun). Yes this is biased; live with it! :tongue:

5. Digital entries are allowed in extreme circumstances.

6. A maximum of 5 pictures are allowed.

In no way shape or form is this an official 'contest', it is instead part of the festivities of Mystery Castle!

Entries are to be posted here.

Voting will last for a full week and then the winner will be featured in the following day (as long as the traitors haven't won by then. :wink: ). I may also sort out something else too, so stay tuned, but don't get your hopes up. If you have any questions, Lord Dragonator and I would be happy to help.

Good luck everyone, and have fun! :sweet:

Ragnir the KyogreDragon2.gif

Edited by Dragonator

This is not optional, enter if you wish to live, or cook on my barbecue. :devil: For all the original details, please see the last page of the Day 4 thread.

Don't make me have Aluvar talk to you. :angry:

Right, this is what you must do. You, the participants, are required to build a vignette (8x8 Lego Square) depicting a scene from the game. It can be one that has already featured or something you want to see in the game. Make it funny, because we dragons love having a good laugh.

Uh... I think you mean, "this is what to do, if you want. You, the participants, have a chance to..." Cause I'm sure not going to be 'made' to do it. :tongue: Though I still might.

The vignettes are to be completed and posted in the entries thread by the end of Day 6, which gives you around 18 days.

We just ended day 4. Don't bet it'll take 18 days to finish day 6. :devil:

Wow! I never know that was a contest coming up in Mystery Castle! :classic: This is a very pleasant surprise, Dragonator!

18 days or less does look short to come out something good. Building vignettes can be challenging for me, especially this will be my first attempt. I will try to come out something if possible.. :tongue:

Edited by WhiteFang

Uh... I think you mean, "this is what to do, if you want. You, the participants, have a chance to..." Cause I'm sure not going to be 'made' to do it. :tongue: Though I still might.

Oh ok, whatever you say, spoil sport. :tongue: Anyway, it wasn't me, it was the dragon, and I wouldn't mess with his temper... :look:

You do not have to build anything if you don't want to, however this is just another part of the fun and I want everyone to take part if they can, otherwise I'll feel that nobody really cares about this game... :cry_sad:

Remember, Majiko know all... :devil:

We just ended day 5. How the hell can it take 18 days to finish day 6? :wacko:

No, that was Day 4. :tongue: You sure are getting forgetful in your old age. :laugh:

You do not have to build anything if you don't want to, however this is just another part of the fun and I want everyone to take part if they can, otherwise I'll feel that nobody really cares about this game... :cry_sad:

Remember, Majiko know all... :devil:

I've shown I care! I never even said I wouldn't build something, I'm just not getting bullied by an overgrown lizard. :grin:

No, that was Day 4. :tongue: You sure are getting forgetful in your old age. :laugh:

Where does it say that in my post? :tongue:

Did you tell everyone to send their night actions? I don't remember now (not helping my case there).

I really wonder how I'm going to be able to build something, as most of my bricks are 500+km away... :cry_sad:

But I'm sure I'll manage "something" at least.

Did you tell everyone to send their night actions? I don't remember now (not helping my case there).

I'm quite sure he didn't. Maybe he feels they don't deserve night actions after a so short day :tongue:

I've shown I care! I never even said I wouldn't build something, I'm just not getting bullied by an overgrown lizard. :grin:

Fair enough, those dragons can get a little pushy sometimes, but I still love them. :wub:

Where does it say that in my post? :tongue:

Yes, this one covers his tracks very well... :tongue:

Panic. Panic!! :sing:

Could everyone please send me their night actions soonish please, even if you don't want to use it, I need to know!

There, happy now? :tongue: You would think that they would understand the concept of sending the night actions by now, however some do still forget, which is mildly amusing. :laugh:

I really wonder how I'm going to be able to build something, as most of my bricks are 500+km away... :cry_sad:

But I'm sure I'll manage "something" at least.

Well, if you can build something that would be fantastic, but I'm sure Ragnir wont mind in this case if you can't. :classic:

Edited by Dragonator

I think Ragnir and Byron have inspired me to do something... I'm thinking of the title: Poop on the Soldiers or perhaps: The Poop Falls: An Exciting Adventure Starring Fred the Soldier in his Valiant Attempt to Foil Byron's Dastardly Plan Against the Wizard. To long? Maybe I should do something else... or then again, maybe I shouldn't :devil: . (What type of dragon is Ragnir?)

I'll get to work right away! It sometimes takes time to get something on my computer, so don't exspect it to soon!

I think Ragnir and Byron have inspired me to do something... I'm thinking of the title: Poop on the Soldiers or perhaps: The Poop Falls: An Exciting Adventure Starring Fred the Soldier in his Valiant Attempt to Foil Byron's Dastardly Plan Against the Wizard. To long? Maybe I should do something else... or then again, maybe I shouldn't :devil: . (What type of dragon is Ragnir?)

That sounds funny to me!

Now then, I am in fact a Famen dragon, which in Lego terms is one of the Viking dragons or one built in a similar kind of fashion. However, for the purposes of this challenge, you may use one of the classic dragons, since a proper representation of myself wouldn't fit on a 8x8 square. In this case, the dragons body parts may overhang, although using a dragon will take up a bit of space. Of course, you don't have to do it this way, it could be that your vignette is a part of a larger scene, so perhaps only my head or tail or a leg even is actually in the scene. In this case you would be able to build me however you please! It's up to you really, but those are some ideas to consider. :grin:

I'll get to work right away! It sometimes takes time to get something on my computer, so don't expect it to soon!

That's fine, you've got plenty of time to do it in. :classic:

I've got a problem. I've got an idea of what to do, but I don't have any of the pieces for the haracters. what should I do?

(I'm doing the fight for the kitchen staring Byron, Majiko, and Mary (myself) Yeah, I'm bias)

Zepher, a small tip....

Avoid the kitchen. Let Dragonator be the cook, or Majiko, or whomever. If you don't, he kills you off!!!! I am proof!

I've got a problem. I've got an idea of what to do, but I don't have any of the pieces for the haracters. what should I do?

(I'm doing the fight for the kitchen staring Byron, Majiko, and Mary (myself) Yeah, I'm bias)

I think you can do just the area; I'm sure Ragnir would understand if you didn't use characters. If I'm wrong, you're burnt to bits :devil: .

Like stash said, stay away from the kitchen, yet my reasons are different. I don't think the setting or characters would fit on an 8x8 base.

(Ragnir, thanks for the info)

Fred enters the kitchen to find Mary disscussing something with the ghost of Mike, freaking him out.

"Whaaat??!!" he cried, his mouth reaching the floor.

"Oh, Mike was just giving me some tips." Mary replied, smiling at the ghost.

Mike smirks at Fred. "How was the food?" he asks.

"Luckily, I didn't eat it." Fred says crisply and walks away.

Mary giggles. "He's still angry at everyone about the poo. I wouldn't want to be Byron right now!"

Can entries be digital? You see, I'm running low on brown flat tiles, and it takes weeks for LDD to send something. Here's the WIP for my entry (LDD):

poop_base.jpg

As you can see, it isn't nearly finished yet, I still have to work out some poop kinks. Byron will also be standing in the brown patch (with custom brown paint on him) with ragnirs tail right above him.

If you read my posts in day four, you'll see the Majiko, Byron, and I all fight for control of the kitchen , though Majiko wins... :cry_sad:

*Byron peeks around the corner to check if Adam is around*

My entry has been started, this is my first true Vig... it will be interesting to do.

last night i also made my first custom fig with decals and cape :wub::wub::wub: ...

with keeping some suspense to the big reveal i will tell you this...

it is four stories high (ooh the pun is killing me)

and will feature the life of Brian Byron...

Regards Cpt. PB

Actually, I too must ask - are digital entries an option? My reason is that I don't have very many castle sets; in fact, the bulk of my entire system collection is currently built - that being a spaceship, a few alt models, and the truck and trailer of MCC. (Yeah, I know, I've just left my "semi-dark-ages" in which I only liked Bionicle and Exo-Force; give me a break!)

If they are, though, I can whip up something great for this contest ^.^

~Trexxen

i cant see any objections coming from Dragonator, he would prefer a digital entry as to a no entry... :thumbup::thumbup:

*comes closer to whisper*

Ragnir, however has trouble with all this new age tec, so he might judge harder on the digital entries, i think he is computer challenged... :sadnew:

*draws back to normal voice*

so i cant see any foreseeable problems with digital entries :wink:

*turns to see Ragnir standing behind him*

i ah dont spose you just landed :hmpf_bad:

*FLAME*

i see... :wacko:

*Byron falls to the floor with a THUD*

Well, two things. You can either look around and see if you can find some decals, or you can use alternative pieces. The characters don't have to look the same as those in the actual story, as long as you let us know clearly who they are.

I think you can do just the area; I'm sure Ragnir would understand if you didn't use characters. If I'm wrong, you're burnt to bits :devil: .

Well yes, there is always that option too.

Actually, I too must ask - are digital entries an option?

Yes, digital entries are allowed if you must, although I would prefer a real-built entry. Remember that it is not I nor Ragnir that will be judging this, but the community. :wink:

What's a dig-ee-tall entry? :wacko:

Never you mind my fiery friend.

Thanks for your questions, I hope I have managed to shed some light on this. I look forward to seeing some entries! :sweet:

May I also point out that I a maximum of 3 pictures is allowed, and that I don't want to be browsing through any mammoth size pictures, no matter how tasty!

A max of three pictures!!! i mean ahh paintings :wacko:

my Vig has four sections :hmpf_bad:

are we at least able to link to the brickself folder if they wish to view more photo's ahh paintings...

may i suggest a maximum width on all photos (when will i learn) of 800...

and if you dont know how to resize a pic there is a great tutorial in the pirate forum :thumbup:

btw here is the decals i used for my attire

dragonmastertorso.jpgdragon_master__green_dragon.jpg

Regards Cpt. PB

Well I'm in a good mood, so I'll relent on the 3 pictures maximum thing. This isn't a 'competition' or anything, so the rules don't need to be so strict. But no more than 5, that's just getting silly. :wink:

and i know why your in such a good mood! a little yellow castle magic perhaps :devil::wink:

i can cope with only three official pictures, is this going to operate like the pirate contest where the first pic is our Official (what people will vote on?) also i was wondering something else, wait i will PM you... :skull:

regards Cpt. PB

and i know why your in such a good mood! a little yellow castle magic perhaps :devil::wink:

i can cope with only three official pictures, is this going to operate like the pirate contest where the first pic is our Official (what people will vote on?) also i was wondering something else, wait i will PM you... :skull:

regards Cpt. PB

I think what I will do is that you are allowed a maximum of 5 pictures in your entry post. The first picture will be the one that appears in the Voting thread, and will act as a link to your gallery.

I love my little castle. :wub:

I'll see what I can do! My entry has been started. Has the kitchen already been featured? I think it has. Mine won't look anything like the one in the story in that case.

*Byron peeks around the corner to check if Adam is around*

My entry has been started, this is my first true Vig... it will be interesting to do.

last night i also made my first custom fig with decals and cape :wub::wub::wub: ...

with keeping some suspense to the big reveal i will tell you this...

it is four stories high (ooh the pun is killing me)

and will feature the life of Brian Byron...

Regards Cpt. PB

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks for the info on the digital entries, but I think I may be able to build it after all :classic: .