800x524.png

The Marquis - Origins - Chapter 6: Dancing with the Marquis

The story so far:

Chapter 1 - The Interrogation
Chapter 2 - Early Days
Chapter 3 - The First Mate
Chapter 4 - The Storm
Chapter 5 - The Poker Game
Chapter 6 - Dancing with the Marquis (you are here)

800x656.jpg

Lady Bonny continued: After becoming the Marquis d’Ape he was often seen at the King’s court.

800x491.jpg

Being a very good listener, he was often seen in discussions with various noblemen and noblewomen

800x600.jpg

Spoiler

800x660.jpg

(full front view)

One day he was invited to the King’s ball.
A spectacular dance event – the highlight of the year.

He was a quiet bystander in the crowd, when the dancers paraded into the ballroom, led by the unforgettable master of the Waltz Ed Frastaire.

800x630.jpg

Just then a butler inadvertently stumbled into him, giving him a push, so that he touched the arm of the lady next to him to avoid falling over.

800x580.jpg

Much to his surprise she – the Princess de la Rose – took this as an invitation to dance and quickly joined the parade of the dancers with him.

800x530.jpg

Then another unexpected thing happened: the Marquis found that he could actually dance – dance quite well.

800x552.jpg

It has been later described that he danced with an air of naturalness, almost instinctiveness – somewhat effortlessly, yet elegantly – the rhythm just was in his blood.
And after a few minutes into the dance EVERYONE else had stopped dancing and EVERYONE’s eyes were on him and the Princess de la Rose.
Even the King and Queen watched in astonishment.

Spoiler

This was also the first time that Salsa elements were included into the traditional Waltz.

800x595.jpg

This event was long talked about in Oleon – at the court and in the streets. The Marquis’ fame rose significantly.

But although he was now known for his exquisite dancing skills (you should have seen him when there were also drums!), he never accepted any of the many private invitations he received.

He would dance with the ladies of the royal court until they were dizzy – but nothing more.

800x509.jpg

Lady Bonny sighed.

(to be continued)

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

The building looks good from the outside. I like the entrance area with the balcony above. The ballroom looks great! Tall windows, candlesticks and the pillars that support the balcony in the upper basement. That looks beautiful!

The cone-gowns are a great idea! As for the rest of it...wow! Are most of the parts from the 'Chamber of Secrets'? Great interior to what I initially assumed was a marvelous facade! Of course he can dance! If he wants to...

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

Now where is this going?  I didn't expect to see the Marquis dancing!

Great job on both the exterior and interior (I especially like the trees, fun sort of cartoony style).  The cone skirts are great.

16 hours ago, NOD said:

The building looks good from the outside. I like the entrance area with the balcony above. The ballroom looks great! Tall windows, candlesticks and the pillars that support the balcony in the upper basement. That looks beautiful!

Thanks. This build has used up almost all of my tan bricks. 

I shouldn't have constructed a tan castle before :pir_laugh2:

15 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

The cone-gowns are a great idea! As for the rest of it...wow! Are most of the parts from the 'Chamber of Secrets'? Great interior to what I initially assumed was a marvelous facade! Of course he can dance! If he wants to...

I never bought the "Chamber of Secrets". But I guess that is also a good source for tan bricks.

And you are right. The build is supposed to work from both inside and outside :pir-grin:

13 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Now where is this going?  I didn't expect to see the Marquis dancing!

I was surprised myself! 

13 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great job on both the exterior and interior (I especially like the trees, fun sort of cartoony style).  The cone skirts are great.

Actually, I had planned a dance scene with those cone skirts many months ago but never got around to build anything. 
Then I heard from Lady Bonny and then I knew what I had to do.

11 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

That's a nice Great Hall.

The skirts are well thought and I love this floor.

Thanks. I am quite happy with the MOC. I might take it to Brickmania Antwerpen this year.:pir-sweet:

Only drawback: it was build on one of those large baseplates. And it is difficult to find boxes that are large enough to transport this thing...

Lovely facade. It has a certain storybook quality about it, and the interior looks great as well. Those colors work well together. And of course the story is again entertaining. :monkey:

21 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Lovely facade. It has a certain storybook quality about it, and the interior looks great as well. Those colors work well together. And of course the story is again entertaining. :monkey:

Ah, Captain Dee is back. Haven't heard from you in a while. 

Thanks for the praise. Maybe you would have liked to see more gold, but this is just how the do it in Oleon these days :pir_laugh2: