Captain Mutant

LEGO Ideas Stargate (take 2)

Hello all

As some of you may know, I had a Stargate project on Ideas last year which made it to 10k. The results were announced last week and sadly, my design wasn't approved.

However, it seems that resubmitting helps in the approval process. After all, The Office had to go through it 3 times, and Hocus Pocus twice, so I thought, why not resubmit it.

I made some changes though.

1.jpg.ec4c437609c942472450bb13ecc004f9.jpg

First off, I’ve increased the size of the protrusions above each chevrons by one stud, and changed the look of them so that they resemble those from the original gate a little more.

I’ve changed the trans orange parts from those pyramidal pieces to half rounded 1x1 tiles. The pyramidal pieces made them look great in photos, but these new parts look better in real life.

Moving on to the characters, I’ve given Sam medium legs, as she was shorter than the other members of the team, and this feels more realistic.

I’ve also given her a GDO (that’s a device that allows the SGC to open the Iris so you don’t get squished like a bug on your way back home).

I found a new head for Daniel, so hopefully people will stop saying that Harry Potter’s part of SG-1 😉

He also now have a book of Ancient knowledge instead of a camera.

And Jack’s holding his trusty cap.

2.jpg.def3f7b16fe7c7d6ce6a7cbf630cb4b0.jpg

Oh and I’ve hidden a little Easter egg for serious fans of the show.

What do you think? Worth clicking on that "support" button again?

Let me know in the comments, and thanks ever so much in advance! 😀

The link to the project is here:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/075d3c43-d693-4373-a55f-33a12492577d

4.jpg.1081a510ca2808f2ba211eda48f9067d.jpg

Edited by Captain Mutant
forgot images

Very nice. 

What's your idea about the included wormhole, because without it, it would look a bit empty. 

Maybe it would be nice if a DHD could be included to make the other side of the gate.

31 minutes ago, the Inventor said:

Very nice. 

What's your idea about the included wormhole, because without it, it would look a bit empty. 

Maybe it would be nice if a DHD could be included to make the other side of the gate.

Thank you!

My idea for the wormhole is to use that cardboard piece LEGO have used in the past to create a special element (like they have for the Lunar New Year Ice Festival) - either that of the same material they use for the wings of flying monsters (the ones from Avatar are semi transparent, so it would be perfect). I designed it so such an item can be slotted in round the back - just like you can see in the photos (these are real photos, not renders :). 

Alternatively, LEGO could create something altogether different and brick-build should they approve my concept.

Re the DHD, if you check my previous submission, you'll see that I did create one, and a base for the gate to rest in, on that other world. However, as this is a resubmission, it's likely those companion pieces might make a comeback in some amended form, once I reach a certain number of votes :)