Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] Alstom - CP2620 - Nez Cassé 1:45 Scale (8wide)

Hi!

I'm here to present more Orange stuff full of vitamin T

I'm working on this model since September 2021, this is a 1:45 Scale Replica of the Portuguese Electric Locomotive CP2620, my favorite one.
I did one 6wide model several years ago it was my first MOC as an AFOL in 2008.

I Was a fan of the Raised NS1600/1800 model, so I contact him to ask if he doesn't mind if I use some of his ideas and design and applied them to my model since NS1600/1800 and CP2620 are descended from the French Nez Cassé BB7200, they are similar in size and shape, but in the same time very different in details, so I could not just do a copy and change the color. Raised agreed with my idea to replicate the Portuguese Nez Cassé, and this is the result:

LEGO - Alstom CP2620 - Nez Cassé

LEGO - Alstom CP2620 - Nez Cassé

2624,_%D0%9F%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82%D1%83%D0%

- It's a 1:45 scale (European standards)
- 8 studs wide
- 44 Cm long
- Around 2000 parts
- 2 Large Power functions motor
- Buwizz 2.0
- Other custom parts like U-clip from brick arms, neodymium magnets, and non-LEGO micro LEDs
- Custom Vynil stickers 
- Can make R40 Curves, but I don't use that curves but R120 from Bricktracks

This Locomotive is part of a project where Raised, Erwin, Nicolas , and myself in a partnership with HA bricks will be released premium instructions for several Nez Cassé models based on the BB7200, and the first is scheduled for the end of this year and will be the Dutch version NS1600

I also made a video where you can see this Orange Loco move and pull the previous presented Arco Coaches

Edited by Sérgio

Very impressive!
What parts did you use for the handrails next to the doors?

You never fail to amaze me Sérgio! :pir-huzzah2:
The locomotive has incredible detail on the bogies and roof.
I like the music in the video, as well as I like the whole train in perfect harmony with your new locomotive! :wub:
Excellent!!! :thumbup:

Emanuele

That's some crazy challenging snot you've done there. Amazing work. So how are the brown ingots on the corners of the windshield held on?

On 7/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, zephyr1934 said:

That's some crazy challenging snot you've done there. Amazing work. So how are the brown ingots on the corners of the windshield held on?

Hi! the ingots are held like this, they didn't fall yet :P 

image.png

On 7/23/2022 at 7:37 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

You never fail to amaze me Sérgio! :pir-huzzah2:
The locomotive has incredible detail on the bogies and roof.
I like the music in the video, as well as I like the whole train in perfect harmony with your new locomotive! :wub:
Excellent!!! :thumbup:

Emanuele

Thank you for your kind words as always!

1 hour ago, _TLG_ said:

Nice model, I like how the tilted front is constructed!

On 7/23/2022 at 12:51 PM, AlmightyArjen said:

Awesome design! I love hou you've managed to put the nose in the model. That must have been quite the puzzle....

Most of the work of the nose uses identical techniques from Raised on his NS model

On 7/23/2022 at 3:47 PM, Cheesey_Jedi_28 said:

I really like the greebling around the wheels and on the roof! it looks amazing

Thank you! I love to do Greebling stuff too!

Another masterpiece. The intricate details really make this a realistic locomotive. I know others have mentioned it, but your work on the angles, especially the nose, it really creates the proper look. Even the transformer on the roof has the angling!

That is one nicely build locomotive!

I am actually trying to reverse engineer Raised NS1847 Delft locomotive and at the same time make some improvements. Your model certainly looks a lot more detailed than the NS1847. Impressive greebling on the bogies, details on the roof look great and accurate to the prototype. I really like the orange with brown color schema, but my son loves Dutch NS trains, so my version of the Raised NS1847 will be yellow .

On 7/25/2022 at 1:42 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Another masterpiece. The intricate details really make this a realistic locomotive. I know others have mentioned it, but your work on the angles, especially the nose, it really creates the proper look. Even the transformer on the roof has the angling!

Thank you! I had a lot of fun doing this :)

9 hours ago, ChrisO said:

That is one nicely build locomotive!

I am actually trying to reverse engineer Raised NS1847 Delft locomotive and at the same time make some improvements. Your model certainly looks a lot more detailed than the NS1847. Impressive greebling on the bogies, details on the roof look great and accurate to the prototype. I really like the orange with brown color schema, but my son loves Dutch NS trains, so my version of the Raised NS1847 will be yellow .

Thank you!

Like I said, this model is heavily based on the Raised model, I made it on purpose to put side by side with his model, and Raised knows it, since I send it to him, Erwin, and Nicolas, (they also have amazing Nez Cassé variations based on Raised Model, like the  HSL1932 or the OG BB7200) the progress of this building.

It's normal that mine had more details, the real model the CP2600 has different bogies, roof, side windows, buffers, etc when compared with the NS1800. I also did a different coupler using a Hook instead a Clip tile like the Raised model.

You also can wait until the end of the year, Raised NS1600 model premium instructions will be available.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:09 PM, Paperinik77pk said:

Spectacular locomotive and great solutions for the "broken nose"!!! :pir-love:

Ciao!

Davide

Thank you Davide!

16 hours ago, name-already-exist said:

WOW! Never seen something like this before. I love it.

CU Frank

Oh, thank you so much! apreciated it!