Sign in to follow this  
Thirdwigg

42136 Articulated Dumper Alternative Build

I finally broke down at bought LEGO 42136, and while it's not great, it's inexpensive and mostly green. I have never built an alternative model, so I figured this would be a good little set for me to try it out. This is the result.

52225877128_3de99ffa35_b.jpg

The articulated dumper features steering and dumping. Most of the parts from 42136 are used, with a couple left over (including spares).

52225877073_d5cab98f61_b.jpg

Dumping is manual.

52224859027_ee0bb13966_b.jpg

Steering is controlled by the HOG on the roof.

52226349000_301361c2f3_b.jpg

52225865441_5c064022d5_b.jpg

Instructions are available at rebrickable.com if you are interested. 

I might have to try another B-Build, as it is an interesting challenge.

Edited by Thirdwigg

It looks great, good parts usage!

The green 6x6 tile looks way better here.

I especially like how this model merges functions of both tractor and trailer into one machine :thumbup: (that doubtful trailer's suspension not included).

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

Very nice front part solution with panels. This could easily be B model or even original set (even if I like tractors)

Brilliant B-Model :-)

I am really wondering why Lego is completely overlooking such possibilities. Even a Harvester could be possible...

Well done, I also like the use of the different panels at the front, also good use of the little grey rims!

Currently also playing with the  42136 on my holiday, we’ll see what else could be made from this nice little set.

Wow, that's an awesome looking little alternate :)

5 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I might have to try another B-Build, as it is an interesting challenge.

Glad to hear that you find the challenge interesting, I completely agree! Keep in trying!

The green parts and the wheels of this set also interest me. I wanted to build something green recently and considered buying this for that reason, but sadly found out that even some basic panels don't exist in green..

Very nice looking little truck, it looks like an official model (not even B-model, just an A-model), everything looks as if it belongs there, so well done with the parts limitation.

Also, 100% agree with this comment:

20 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

I especially like how this model merges functions of both tractor and trailer into one machine :thumbup: 

20 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

I especially like how this model merges functions of both tractor and trailer into one machine

What do you call a machine that works both like a tractor and like a truck?

A trucktor :grin::grin::grin:

21 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

It looks great, good parts usage!

The green 6x6 tile looks way better here.

I especially like how this model merges functions of both tractor and trailer into one machine :thumbup: (that doubtful trailer's suspension not included).

Thanks! Yeah, there are too few parts to keep the tractor and the trailer separate. Glad you like the tile top.

21 hours ago, 1gor said:

Very nice front part solution with panels. This could easily be B model or even original set (even if I like tractors)

Thanks a lot! I had some fun placing all the panels.

21 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

The alternative is almost better than the set IMO.

Thanks so much. :blush:

20 hours ago, Jundis said:

Brilliant B-Model :-)

I am really wondering why Lego is completely overlooking such possibilities. Even a Harvester could be possible...

I know! I doesn't take that much effort, but I guess they have just given up and said, "rebrickable can do it for us." And frankly, that might be a better option these days.

19 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Masterful!

Thanks!

19 hours ago, N-4K0 said:

Great alternate model, looks really good!

I'm glad you like it.

18 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Well done, I also like the use of the different panels at the front, also good use of the little grey rims!

Currently also playing with the  42136 on my holiday, we’ll see what else could be made from this nice little set.

There was a moment while building where I was like "I can use the wheels here!" I'm happy I found the idea.

16 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Wow, that's an awesome looking little alternate :)

Glad to hear that you find the challenge interesting, I completely agree! Keep in trying!

The green parts and the wheels of this set also interest me. I wanted to build something green recently and considered buying this for that reason, but sadly found out that even some basic panels don't exist in green..

Thanks! Yeah, I'll definitely try another B Model. I have 42139 now too, so I'll see what I can do with that one. It has more parts, which may help me a little more. But also more colors, which makes it a little harder.

Yeah, Green and normal Blue are the two colors for which I keep shaking my head at LEGO. I would be great if both colors were fully built out.

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Very nice looking little truck, it looks like an official model (not even B-model, just an A-model), everything looks as if it belongs there, so well done with the parts limitation.

Also, 100% agree with this comment:

I'm glad you like it as the A model. Thanks for the comment.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Or Tracuck?

Track?

Truck?

Trutor?

This is fun!

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Well in US this is tractor truck (with trailer)

1024px-Kenworth_truck.jpg

2 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Thanks a lot! I had some fun placing all the panels.

I had also some fun with (yellow) panels as you can see in my tread

On 7/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, 1gor said:

Well in US this is tractor truck (with trailer)

I had also some fun with (yellow) panels as you can see in my tread

We also call them Tractor Trailers.

Yeah, the yellow panels were well utilized in your MOC!

5 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Yeah, the yellow panels were well utilized in your MOC!

Thanks buddy :sweet:

I loved this one when rebrickable shown it to me. One of best small set alts I've seen recently. I love that it retains the core functionality of the original model (steering and tipper) and completely changes the vehicle. Great job, especially if this is your first alt.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:27 AM, SaperPL said:

I loved this one when rebrickable shown it to me. One of best small set alts I've seen recently. I love that it retains the core functionality of the original model (steering and tipper) and completely changes the vehicle. Great job, especially if this is your first alt.

Thanks a lot, and I’ll keep trying more alt builds. It was good to start with a smaller set first. I’m glad you like it.