Hello! After being inactive for quite some time I managed to build another model - VW EuroVan T4 RC! It features some RC and manual functions:

- RWD (unlike the real model), driven by a buggy motor (slow output)

- steering with a Servo motor

- suspension on both sides (independent rubber suspension in the front and live axle in the back)

- working headlights and taillights

- openable bonnet with some minor detailing underneath

- easy acces to the BuWizz module through an openable door on the roof

- everything is powered by BuWizz 2.0

Model's chassis is supposed to be an improved version of one of my previous creations, this time it got better steering stability. I kept the wheels bigger along with the arches, as it provides better performance. All in all, it turned out pretty fun to drive! (However, the ground clearance isn't the best, so I prefer keeping it indoors :D)

Video link:

Some photos:

52229342836_bc8d9e7c29_c.jpg

52229342936_d39b102af1_c.jpg

52229612204_4b3b60e754_c.jpg

52228339217_28768ea3f7_c.jpg

52229611889_d1df67127c_c.jpg

52229612549_b305d8d8cc_c.jpg

52229823040_1e3547933c_c.jpg

52229347873_cf357ba54a_c.jpg

52229822605_9d033161c9_c.jpg

52229347813_30a7035ff2_c.jpg

Thank you!

Edited by Danifill

14 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

The A-team would approve it :thumbup: ,

Great to hear, thank you! :)

That's great speed and well working suspension for the scale! The overall body also looks nice, the only thing I don't quite like are those bare axles in the pillars and the fenders. Maybe this connector in red could be used for the fender ends? And for the pillars, some of these 1x2 thin liftarms could fit (turned inwards)? Or maybe even better, 2 of these round bricks on a 4L bar? Just had a similar issue in a build recently..

10 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

That's great speed and well working suspension for the scale! The overall body also looks nice, the only thing I don't quite like are those bare axles in the pillars and the fenders. Maybe this connector in red could be used for the fender ends? And for the pillars, some of these 1x2 thin liftarms could fit (turned inwards)? Or maybe even better, 2 of these round bricks on a 4L bar? Just had a similar issue in a build recently..

Thank you! 
I had to use axles on the fenders as other parts (like the connector you referred to) would collide with the sides. 
I don’t think that I’d like the option of fitting a liftarm in the pillars, but I definitely have to try the round brick idea in the future (or as soon as I get to the van again)! Thanks once again. :)

Edit: just found a couple of those round bricks actually, they fit perfectly! I’ll consider that in the 3D model of this van.

Edited by Danifill

400x536.png

Nice van. Had a question. How does the black pin-with-pinhole connect at an angle?

5 hours ago, iLego said:

400x536.png

Nice van. Had a question. How does the black pin-with-pinhole connect at an angle?

Thanks! It is held by the soft axle on the left, it allows some sort of an angle. Looks wobbly, but holds nicely.