Okay, no cancelled Vidiyo minifigure showed up in CMF Series 24. So that means Dreamzzz may be a right place for thee minifigure then. 

20 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Okay, no cancelled Vidiyo minifigure showed up in CMF Series 24. So that means Dreamzzz may be a right place for thee minifigure then. 

I don't know why we should necessarily assume that cancelled Vidiyo figs would necessarily find their ways into other themes any more than parts/figs from other themes that get cut short. It's certainly not guaranteed.

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't know why we should necessarily assume that cancelled Vidiyo figs would necessarily find their ways into other themes any more than parts/figs from other themes that get cut short. It's certainly not guaranteed.

True, but it is odd that printed VIDIYO-style parts (that correspond to scrapped sets) have appeared so long after the theme’s cancellation. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

True, but it is odd that printed VIDIYO-style parts (that correspond to scrapped sets) have appeared so long after the theme’s cancellation. 

Lego said themselves that vidiyo wasn’t canceled, they were retooling it for a 2023 relaunch, there’s no reason to assume that’s not still true especially if vidiyo figures are still in active production.

20 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This.

18 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

Lego said themselves that vidiyo wasn’t canceled, they were retooling it for a 2023 relaunch, there’s no reason to assume that’s not still true especially if vidiyo figures are still in active production.

Where did you find that info? 

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

This.

Where did you find that info? 

Lego put out a statement on the themes cancelation shortly after the last wave was cut.

16 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

Lego put out a statement on the themes cancelation shortly after the last wave was cut.

Oh okay. Somehows, i forgot that fact. Tanks for reminding me. 

I still find surprising they are relaunching it so soon, but according to the leaks it seems its actually happening

I assume Toy Fairs in January/February will give us a clearer idea of what's going to happen

Keep in mind there have been parts from the canceled vidiyo wave leaking out for a while now

just because the parts might be getting sold now doesn’t mean they are in active production and will be used for dreamzzz

I’m still thinking vidiyo will just relaunch with less of an app focus. Retooling the sets with a few more play features to go around doesn’t seem too far fetched for a year of retooling.

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Sooo.... It's leak season... How likely is it we'll find out what Dreamzzzzzzzzzz is soon?

May depend on when it's due to launch. It's not totally uncommon for new themes to launch in March or later.

I thought LEGO came out after the Vidiyo would be retooled comment and said it was canceled and they were looking forward to working with Universal on something new in the future.

Vidiyo is one of the biggest flops in modern history of LEGO. I just bought some sets for like 70% off Amazon.

A bit of speculation here but: do you guys think the blue hero with hood and the orange demon from 60388 set are actually future minifigures for Dreamzzz? 

Dreamzzz 2.jpg

Dreamzzz.jpg

It's not the first time we get a teaser of an upcoming minifigure in a City set. That happened with Vidiyo, showing the Shark Singer in 60290 set.

Vidiyo.jpg

Edited by Bloquerto

15 hours ago, Bloquerto said:

A bit of speculation here but: do you guys think the blue hero with hood and the orange demon from 60388 set are actually future minifigures for Dreamzzz? 

Dreamzzz 2.jpg

Dreamzzz.jpg

It's not the first time we get a teaser of an upcoming minifigure in a City set. That happened with Vidiyo, showing the Shark Singer in 60290 set.

Vidiyo.jpg

It'd certainly be cool to get minifigs of those characters, but who knows. Unlike the shark singer (which showed off an entirely new headpiece), these two video game characters seem to use existing molds.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:33 PM, Killian said:

Sooo.... It's leak season... How likely is it we'll find out what Dreamzzzzzzzzzz is soon?

Its a new theme. I doubt it'd leak at all

I bet we'll see it until the Toy Fairs next January. Just like Hidden Side, Nexo Knights or Vidiyo

I'm surprised I haven't seen any speculation that the fantasy images in this set may be a sneak peak at Lego Dreamzzz. All I've heard is people hoping it means Legend of Zelda minidolls are coming

!                                                                                                                                                                        s-l500

3 hours ago, Killian said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen any speculation that the fantasy images in this set may be a sneak peak at Lego Dreamzzz. All I've heard is people hoping it means Legend of Zelda minidolls are coming

!                                                                                                                                                                        s-l500

That's what we need. More insane speculation based on prints / stickers.

On 12/13/2022 at 2:20 AM, Maple said:

That's what we need. More insane speculation based on prints / stickers.

Because people being interested in discussing possibilities is the world's biggest evil. Why would someone be on a Lego discussion forum if they hate speculating about what's possible with Lego?   AFOLs are the worst.

Still, it's always nice when rude people crawl out and show their true colours, gives me the opportunity to add the negative people to my block list and keep my experience of the forums positive.

Edited by Killian
reticulating splines

Tommy Andreason who worked on the first 16 seasons of Ninjago has moved onto a new Lego show for a new Lego theme apparently.

Could it be Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

Sorry for exposing you to Tannerfishface

Just watched an interview with the designer of the Jazz club modular. In there he said that they were lucky to have access to the bass element that was produced and developed for VIDIYO and that unfortunately was not going to be launched after all. They were happy to reuse them. 

as far as a Vidiyo reboot, from what i understood is lego first put out a statement saying they would test stuff for a new experience and then a while later released another statement saying that they were not able to find a good way and that the line was cancelled. 

i’ll try and find these statements again

Update:

statement 1:

As you know, we launched LEGO VIDIYO in January to connect with children in a completely new way, blending music, digital play and LEGO building in a fun and unique way. The product tested extremely well during development and has received really positive feedback from those children and families who have played with it.

We’ve seen a positive response to the launch, but we’ve also received feedback from people that we could make the play experience across the app, BeatBits, music and minifigures even simpler. So, we’re taking that onboard and together with Universal Music Group are going to pilot some new ideas in 2022, then release new play experiences in 2023 and beyond. 

LEGO VIDIYO is very much still available, the current products will continue to be sold in stores and marketed globally, and we’re continuing to support this fantastic play experience, including new updates and fun challenges to the app to inspire children's creative music video making.

Thank you for your continued support of the LEGO brand, we hope for your understanding behind this decision.

statement 2:

In July 2021 we decided to pause the LEGO VIDIYO roll-out to review performance and test new ideas. Through the extensive quantitative and qualitative research we have undertaken in the previous months, we have gained an enormous amount of learnings in terms of the music & content creation space and what it would take to succeed with the play experience, our go-to-market strategy in 2023 and not least how to build a sustainable business based on the VIDIYO experience.

Based on these insights we have decided to discontinue the physical VIDIYO products from January 31st 2022 but will continue to support the app experience for another two years to serve those consumers who have bought the products.

We still see great potential in pursuing music as a passion point and we will take learnings from LEGO VIDIYO as we continue to explore future fluid play experiences.

The way I understand is that its dead but english is not my first language and i might understand it wrong. 

That beeing said, i do wish that Dreamzzz whatever it is has a similar world and setting as VIDIYO. Minus the app thing. Colorful, playful, funky figures in their own world

11 hours ago, Megbricks said:

The way I understand is that its dead but english is not my first language and i might understand it wrong. 

I think you are right, at least going off those statements. I guess Vidiyo could come back later down the line, but given how hard it seems to have flopped I think Lego will be devoting their resources to new projects (like Dreamzzz). 

Speaking of Dreamzzz, has there been any news whatsoever about it since the initial trademark was found? I guess there's still a reasonable chance that the theme could start next summer, but it feels strange that we've known about it for so long yet have absolutely no idea what it even is. 

4 hours ago, Meadius said:

Speaking of Dreamzzz, has there been any news whatsoever about it since the initial trademark was found? I guess there's still a reasonable chance that the theme could start next summer, but it feels strange that we've known about it for so long yet have absolutely no idea what it even is. 

Do we even know if Dreamzzz is the final name? Monkie Kid or Avatar or something was "Leaf" during the development then the theme name changed on release. I don't know if Leaf was copyrighted like Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz though?