I had no idea what to expect from this theme, but it turned out way better than I could have ever imagined! Sadly I won't be buying many of these just because of everything else I want, but I will definetly be picking up the Nightmare Shark Ship! That thing is so crazy looking and I love it! I will be glad to at least have 1 set in this theme!

7 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Personally, I want the turtle / VW bus / shroom shop for my groovy hippie couple in my CITY. That way they can be flyin' and never leave the ground.

I just have to decide whether to remove the turtle bits or not...

The correct answer is obviously to leave the turtle bits on, configure it into the ‘flying’ version we see on the back of the box, and use trans-clear bricks to suspend them above the city. Perhaps surrounded by clouds and rainbows.

I have amended my preference list.

1. Pegasus Flying Horse 

2. Crocodile Car 

3. Mateo and Z-Blob the Robot

4. Stable of Dream Creatures 

5. Mr. Oz’s Spacebus 

6. Nightmare Shark Ship 

7. Izzie and Bunchu the Bunny 

8. Mrs. Castillo’s Turtle Van 

9. Fantastical Tree House 

10. Grimkeeper the Cage Monster 

11. Dream Village 

13 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The correct answer is obviously to leave the turtle bits on, configure it into the ‘flying’ version we see on the back of the box, and use trans-clear bricks to suspend them above the city. Perhaps surrounded by clouds and rainbows.

I honestly can't understand why anyone would consider anything else. Why LEGO provided two options when you clearly need to do this is beyond me. 

I'm so tempted by the turtle van, but I typically try to stick with 6-wide vehicles. Hmmm... decisions. I was really tempted by the Creator 3in1 camper van, but decided against it as it was 8 wide. But this is ALSO a flying turtle!

Definitely getting the shark ship and tree house though. And the polybag if I can find it for another Bunchu bunny.

I think my favourite part of the new sets is having several options on how to build/display the sets.

I love that you can have the Turtle Van/Crocodile car as real world vehicles if you don't want to add on the animal parts, so they'll work well with other themes.

The Nightmare Shark Ship looks great in land, water, or air mode. I wonder if I buy 2, can I have the rockets from the flying version on it at the same time as the wheels? Maybe not, as it looks like the rockets attach where the back wheels go, but I wonder if it can be modified?

I'm excited for the show to air, I wonder why The Nightmare King is abducting the dream selves of real world children so they can't wake up in the waking world? To have more powerful Dream Crafting abilities? To use their imagination as a power source? Glad there's only 10 or 11 days to go until the show hits YT.

Ok, now that i know the release date of the lego friends sets, I've decided to get at least robot z-blob and the Pegasus for that amazing nightmare king Minifigure, gives me huge emperor belos from the owl house vibes

Edited by Lemerbrix

Assuming I can get them for good prices, my top priorities are the Pegasus, the Tree House, Bunchu Bunny and possibly the Space Bus, because that’ll give me almost all of the characters and some of the best builds. (It low key annoys me that, out of the two ‘pets’, Z-Blob is in almost every set while Bunchu is only in his dedicated set, the massive ship, and a polybag?)
Though I do also want the Shark Ship, race car and turtle van, and wouldn’t say no to some of the others at good prices either . . issue is going to be finding places to put them all . . 

All that said, I’m not too worried about collecting characters at this point, since I’m certain we’ll get at least one or two more waves regardless of how well the theme does. So I’m trying very hard not to be annoyed that Mr. Oz is only in one set while all the other heroes are in at least three.

Edited by Fenghuang0296

3 hours ago, Killian said:

I think my favourite part of the new sets is having several options on how to build/display the sets.

Me too. Reminds me of my sets from the 90s were the back of the LEGO boxes had alternate builds, but in those years they never include instructions for the alternate builds.

I really like the animal/vehicle hybrids,  especially the shark ship.

What combinations would you all like to see in future sets?

Have you seen the instruction manuals for the Dreamzzz sets? They have comic story style elements during the steps of the build to inspire creative play, which is really cool for kids to have ideas about what they'll do with the sets.

And nobody's talking about that Steppenwolf song in the Dreamzzz trailer?

To me, some of the LEGO Dreamzzz sets conjure up some Adventure Time-like fantasy vibes...

10 hours ago, Justin said:

To me, some of the LEGO Dreamzzz sets conjure up some Adventure Time-like fantasy vibes...

totally agreed! The VW / turtle bus, crocodile / racecar and a few others especially.

That Izzie / Izzy minifig is definately high on my "favorite minifigure of 2023" list. 

Hairpiece looks transparent opalescent with glitter/frosted finish on the actual photo's, very interesting overall.

Overall, the Nightmare Monsters could easily fit in as an extended Nexo Knights monster faction, that's the vibes I get from it, obviously could fit alongside Ninjago Crystalized, or Monkie Kid Bull knights as well.

The yellow eyes on the pieces/prints also give me a bit of a Warcraft vibe, from Old God related things in that game/lore, but also could be interesting to use as Cat eyes etc.

Edited by TeriXeri

Great teaser video.

Looks like LEGO going all-in, as they already have different language voice overs of that teaser out as well. 

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Looks like they got Kai's Va for Logan.

Yeah, that’s what I thought too, Logan sounded so familiar for me, then it hit me!

Edited by Lemerbrix

Well I appear to be wrong about Dreamzzz being the new app-pushing theme. So that's good.

All the Dreamzzz sets look great. Even if you don't like the concepts or designs, the execution in Lego is fantastic. It's hard to explain in words, but it's the opposite of this; everything is smooth and looks finished. The sets look "deluxe" you could say.

I'm most excited for the Dream Village, Stable of Dream Creatures, and Mateo and Z-Blob the Robot. Izzie and Bunchu the Bunny looks like a great deal for the price. Both car sets look great too. I mean all the sets look great!

Honestly I think the weakest set is Mr. Oz's Spacebus, even though I like Space stuff. I can't put my finger on why...it's kind of boring I guess?

As I sit here the Dreamzzz cars are growing on me more and more. The Carcrodile has beautiful colors. And the turtle van looks so classy.

On 5/8/2023 at 4:57 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Looks like they got Kai's Va for Logan.

It sounds like one of the Grimspawn in the short sounds like The Book of Monsters voice actor Mark Oliver from the Nexo Knights show. Can't find proper cast listings to confirm it though

Do you know how many new molds this theme offers us? Minifigure parts, animals, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Do you know how many new molds this theme offers us? Minifigure parts, animals, etc. 

I can see 15, there might be more hidden inside the builds.

21 hours ago, Lion King said:

New Elementary should have an article with detailed pics of them all once they get the sets to review. They do it with every other theme.  

https://www.newelementary.com/p/list-newest-lego-parts.html

Ooh! New Short!