Here in germany, even with exclusive sets, we can hope for Galeria and especially Smyths for great deals.

20-30% discounts aren`t THAT rare, even with new sets.

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

Idk, probably Walmart, Lego stores only put sets on sale if they are selling horribly (cough cough, black panther bust, cough cough)

and I definitely know a lot of people will be buying dreamzzz (myself included) so the theme will probably not be on sale at Lego.com anytime soon

anyway, I’m probably going to see if the nightmare shark ship or space bus go down before I decide to get either, would probably get the crocodile car to round out the main team (minus mr oz)

Target?

Does Macy's /Toys R Us have discounts.

The Sharkship is high on my Dreamzzz  list. But dont have much spending money

7 hours ago, Mondo-TRON said:

Target?

Does Macy's /Toys R Us have discounts.

The Sharkship is high on my Dreamzzz  list. But dont have much spending money

For target I’d say it would be a while before dreamzzz starts going on sale, probably by October/November

i don’t have a Macy’s near me, so I honestly couldn’t tell you, and I have no clue for toys R us, I thought they went out of business

yeah, same here, I don’t have much money, so I’m going to wait for the sharkship to go on sale

7 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

For target I’d say it would be a while before dreamzzz starts going on sale, probably by October/November

i don’t have a Macy’s near me, so I honestly couldn’t tell you, and I have no clue for toys R us, I thought they went out of business

yeah, same here, I don’t have much money, so I’m going to wait for the sharkship to go on sale

I believe Toys R Us are within Macy’s stores.

On 5/16/2023 at 9:00 PM, BrickFit26 said:

Has it been explained why Logan transforms into a blue being in the dream world yet?

Spoiler

It's...shown, but I was kind of confused about it anyway? Basically, Logan is forced to fight a Grimspawn one-on-one by the Nightmare King in order to join his side. (Not exactly exciting, since the Grimspawn are by and large presented as the most ineffectual of the baddies even in large groups.) Logan gets angry during the fight and transforms. He switches back and forth between both forms after he rejoins his friends at the end.
This form seems to be his Dreamworld avatar, but I was unclear on whether this was his true dream avatar emerging, if it was influenced by his proximity to the nightmare king, or if it has anything to do with the Grimspawn. (It seemed at first that Logan was being tricked into becoming a Grimspawn, but that doesn't seem to be the case by the end of the episode.) It's even more confusing because the Grimspawn he fights tries to be his friend, steals his hat, and takes on his mannerisms, so there are effectively two tiny bluish versions of Logan running around in the same episodes. It kind of feels like the set designers wanted a smaller alt form of Logan but didn't settle on a reason for it, and the writers just tried to incorporate all the versions of the idea. 

1 hour ago, Mondo-TRON said:

I believe Toys R Us are within Macy’s stores.

Oh, ok I just haven’t seen a toys r us in a Macy’s, nearest Macy’s is out of state

ok i have a feeling that night hunter could be a fallen dream weaver/creator

as it was stated in the show oz used to have another team

and in the last episodes night hunter was speaking about friends and how its just pointless to logan and they would never find him

i also wonder what the nightmare king promised night hunter in return

2 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok i have a feeling that night hunter could be a fallen dream weaver/creator

as it was stated in the show oz used to have another team

and in the last episodes night hunter was speaking about friends and how its just pointless to logan and they would never find him

i also wonder what the nightmare king promised night hunter in return

Yeah, that’s my theory too, I think the night hunter could have been part of the night bureau, but maybe he’s from the past? As he’s got a pretty western look to him, but idk

i also wonder if we’re going to ever see Mateo and izzie’s mother , or Logan’s mothers in person, as so far we’ve only seen Mateo and izzie’s father and cooper’s mother , Logan’s mothers were mentioned in episodes 6, 9, and 10, and we know nothing about zoey’s parents

edit: I found this French tv guide on the dreamzzz wiki that has info on the characters!

https://www.francetvpro.fr/contenu-de-presse/52876986

edit 2: according to the French tv website, zoey’s mom is dead ☠️

Edited by Lemerbrix
Dead mom

In case anyone missed it, the entire season of ten episodes is available on Netflix! Random, but good. I haven’t found a cartoon discussion thread, so . . 

I think my main takeaway from the show is that they clearly developed this alongside the sets, with different teams, because there is not a lot of overlap, and quite a few inconsistencies. The sets present Mrs. Castillo as being a Dreamchaser, when she’s just a recurring background character - yet she somehow appears in three sets while the main mentor character, Mr. Oz, is only in one? Relatedly, why did we not get a human form minifigure for Logan anywhere in the wave? The sets regularly depict Izzy wielding a sword that in the show only appeared once in the background, and I was expecting her to take and use it but no? 
And that’s not getting into the number of characters who seem to have been made up just for the show - most prominently, Sneak. (I kinda get ‘corrupted Spyro’ vibes from him. Is that weird?) I know he would require a new mould, but - maybe in wave 2? And then there’re the likes of Berserker, Jim and - okay, the secret agent lady whose name I’ve already forgotten is an understandable omission. On a different but related note, some the sets just . . weren’t in the show? Or only just barely? The Treehouse appeared in the background briefly, but the heroes never even went inside it (so far). The Stable of Dream Creatures wasn’t used at all, except for the plant/deer thing appearing in episode 1, the Nightmare King’s Pegasus appeared for five seconds for no reason and then was forgotten about. The Crocodile Car in itself wasn’t used, though we did see first its ‘base model’ and then the ‘alternate build’ monster truck in the tenth episode at the last minute. Oh, and the Nightmare King’s fortress. We’re getting that as a set, right? I really hope we get that as a big set in the second wave. Same for Zion; that junky side build in the Pegasus set does not do that gorgeous design justice, we need to get a set similar to Robo-Z-Blob and Bunch focused on Zoey with a proper build for Zion.

Really, the only sets I’d consider accurate to the show are the Nightmare Shark Ship, Z-Blob and Bunchu, Grimkeeper, the Dream Village, and the Space Bus. 

(I’ll also note that there was a lot of talk of a base of operations for the larger Dreamchasers organisation; Castle Nocturnia. That definitely sounds like it could be an upcoming set.)

On the topic of the actual show? It was good. Definitely geared towards kids but what else could you expect? I did get very sick of Logan and his constantly dragging the rest of the group down. Conversely, Mateo and Izzy are great and well-characterised, and Cooper, Zoey and Mr. Oz are all really good supporting characters. I suppose my only real criticism is that this really did feel like . . ‘the first season’ of a show. There are a lot of dangling plot threads, like the nature of Zoey’s relation to the Nighthunter and what exactly he did to her - and the Nighthunter’s nature in general - that need to be resolved. I was hoping we’d get some answers in the final episode, but nope, nothing. 

TL/DR?; What’s there is good. It’s a kids’ show, but mostly a good one. But what we currently have feels incomplete and needs at least one or two more seasons (and waves of sets). 

Edited by Fenghuang0296

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

In case anyone missed it, the entire season of ten episodes is available on Netflix! Random, but good. I haven’t found a cartoon discussion thread, so . . 

Did Denny actually apear in the show or was that one of the show to set disparities?

8 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Did Denny actually apear in the show or was that one of the show to set disparities?

There seems to be 2 variants of grimspawn, the knight-like ones, and winged ones, as well as sneak, snivel and Susan

2 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

The Classic Space Grimspawn? Unfortunately, no. The Grimspawn included Susan (the one with horns, appears in the Pegasus and Space Bus), Snivel (Thanos head, appears in the Croco-Car) and Sneak (currently show-only, used a sort of mini-dragon body and the Man-Bat ears piece) as the major named Grimspawn. The Fright Knights were generic ‘ground’ Grimspawn, and there were show-only generic flying Grimspawn that seemed to use the Christmas elf hat/ears part in all black, and had wings that don’t really match any existing part. Denny, Captain Bedbeard, the top hat Grimspawn - the unique ones in the Space Bus appear to be just for that set, except for the Fright Knight(s). 

3 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The Classic Space Grimspawn? Unfortunately, no. The Grimspawn included Susan (the one with horns, appears in the Pegasus and Space Bus), Snivel (Thanos head, appears in the Croco-Car) and Sneak (currently show-only, used a sort of mini-dragon body and the Man-Bat ears piece) as the major named Grimspawn. The Fright Knights were generic ‘ground’ Grimspawn, and there were show-only generic flying Grimspawn that seemed to use the Christmas elf hat/ears part in all black, and had wings that don’t really match any existing part. Denny, Captain Bedbeard, the top hat Grimspawn - the unique ones in the Space Bus appear to be just for that set, except for the Fright Knight(s). 

Yes, that's him. Honestly a shame, tbh I miss LEGO themes having a shared world, now everything needs to be segregated into it's own continuity's which is much less fun, even when there is a crossover like nexo knights and chima that version of the chima characters is apparently an entirely separate continuity to the chima that crossed over with ninjago

There was a reference to Galaxy Squad, oddly enough, though possibly in the context of it being an in-universe franchise. (The kids retrieve what the characters initially believe to be a holographic star map, and someone says "Oooh, are we doing Galaxy Squad?") I think that Izzie's alarm/ringtone is possiby a remixed-to-the-point-of-almost-being-unrecognizable version of "The Loud Song", a recurring in-universe pop hit from LEGO City Adventures.

I think that there's probably another batch of episodes to be released as "season 2", if not "season 1.5"--in addition to the dangling Castle Nocturna, Zoey's backstory, and Nighthunter's origin plot threads, there's a mysterious lady dream chaser mentioned frequently that I suspect is Mrs. Castillo.

Overall, the series isn't nearly as funny as LEGO City Adventures and doesn't have the atmosphere of Hidden Side. I'm interested in the deeper Dream Chaser lore, though, so I'm hoping the show will go on for a couple more seasons at least.

On 5/26/2023 at 4:45 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

On the topic of the actual show? It was good. Definitely geared towards kids but what else could you expect? I did get very sick of Logan and his constantly dragging the rest of the group down. Conversely, Mateo and Izzy are great and well-characterised, and Cooper, Zoey and Mr. Oz are all really good supporting characters. I suppose my only real criticism is that this really did feel like . . ‘the first season’ of a show. There are a lot of dangling plot threads, like the nature of Zoey’s relation to the Nighthunter and what exactly he did to her - and the Nighthunter’s nature in general - that need to be resolved. I was hoping we’d get some answers in the final episode, but nope, nothing. 

Oh thank goodness I’m not the only one who thought Logan sucked. Like come on, the guy basically acts like a jerk wad bully all the time, constantly harasses Mateo while trying to steal his best friend and apparently his crush from him, constantly does selfish and stupid stuff that almost always makes him cause more problems for the team than he ever does good… and we’re supposed to be rooting for this guy and keep giving him passes? Yeah, this guy has got Scrappy written all over him.

On 5/28/2023 at 12:09 AM, TalonCard said:

There was a reference to Galaxy Squad, oddly enough, though possibly in the context of it being an in-universe franchise. (The kids retrieve what the characters initially believe to be a holographic star map, and someone says "Oooh, are we doing Galaxy Squad?") I think that Izzie's alarm/ringtone is possiby a remixed-to-the-point-of-almost-being-unrecognizable version of "The Loud Song", a recurring in-universe pop hit from LEGO City Adventures.

I think that there's probably another batch of episodes to be released as "season 2", if not "season 1.5"--in addition to the dangling Castle Nocturna, Zoey's backstory, and Nighthunter's origin plot threads, there's a mysterious lady dream chaser mentioned frequently that I suspect is Mrs. Castillo.

Overall, the series isn't nearly as funny as LEGO City Adventures and doesn't have the atmosphere of Hidden Side. I'm interested in the deeper Dream Chaser lore, though, so I'm hoping the show will go on for a couple more seasons at least.

I think you are onto something. Castillo literally translates to someone who lives in a castle. Castle Noctunia is Lunia's place. I think you might be a winner winner chicken dinner. 

On 5/17/2023 at 3:00 AM, BrickFit26 said:

Has it been explained why Logan transforms into a blue being in the dream world yet?

I assume it's related to him quitting in the Dream Forge instead of facing his Dream Chaser Trial. The Dream Forge exacts a heavy toll for the unprepared which can range from losing the ability to dreamcraft altogether to their dreamcrafting becoming unpredictable.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:04 AM, Lemerbrix said:

i also wonder if we’re going to ever see Mateo and izzie’s mother 

She's in the pictures on the wall in their apartment, so she was part of their lives at some point. Though with Mateo and Izzie's natural Dreamcrafting prowess, their mother is one of my candidates for secretly being Lunia

On 5/26/2023 at 9:45 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

The sets present Mrs. Castillo as being a Dreamchaser, when she’s just a recurring background character - yet she somehow appears in three sets while the main mentor character, Mr. Oz, is only in one? 

characters who seem to have been made up just for the show - most prominently, Sneak. (I kinda get ‘corrupted Spyro’ vibes from him. Is that weird?) I know he would require a new mould, but - maybe in wave 2?

On a different but related note, some the sets just . . weren’t in the show? Or only just barely? The Treehouse appeared in the background briefly, but the heroes never even went inside it (so far). 

Oh, and the Nightmare King’s fortress. We’re getting that as a set, right? I really hope we get that as a big set in the second wave. Same for Zion; that junky side build in the Pegasus set does not do that gorgeous design justice, we need to get a set similar to Robo-Z-Blob and Bunch focused on Zoey with a proper build for Zion.

(I’ll also note that there was a lot of talk of a base of operations for the larger Dreamchasers organisation; Castle Nocturnia. That definitely sounds like it could be an upcoming set.)

There are a lot of dangling plot threads, like the nature of Zoey’s relation to the Nighthunter and what exactly he did to her

Mrs Castillo being in more sets than Mr Oz, who is a member of the main good guy cast doesn't make much sense currently. I assume she may turn out to be Lunia, since her hourglass is "special" in the sets - it's on a staff when nobody elses is.

Sneak's hair/ear piece exists, we just need a new animal body mould like they did for Scooby-Doo, Ace and Krypto. It could be reused in future Dragons Rising/Disney sets.

The Treehouse was introduced weirdly. They placed the sapling on their dream Landing, then later it was a full on treehouse and they never mentioned it.

Yeah, we need a set for the Shadow Keep. Lego love putting giant skulls on buildings. They could do a separate Fear Works set that attaches to it where the bed monster side builds can bring dreamers to have their imagination drained.

Yeah, we absolutely need a Zian Gryphon build. I imagine they might do it as a bigger set than Bunchu and the Z-Blob Robot so it's like a good version of the NK's Pegasus. I wonder if Zian could be revealed to be a Dream Guardian similar to BurrZerker? They show up in the most dire circumstances, and it sounds like Zoey had some dire circumstances. Maybe Zian's Dream Realm has been corrupted so he's hanging with Zoey until he can return home?

Castle Nocturnia will surely come if the theme is a success. It took Nexo Knights a couple of years to get Knighton Castle, so I imagine we'll need to be patient. I wonder if the monster form of the Nightmare King will come with it (he says "I'm not a monster.. Yet" in the show, so I assume he has plans to get Thicc).

Zoey's thing with the Night Hunter is interesting. She said he steals what's meaningful to you and uses it against you and implies he stole a song or some music from her; but she still knows the tune, so I don't know how that works. If he eventually turns against the Nightmare King, presumably he'll have something to use against him too. I wonder why he doesn't have his hook hand in the sets? Is he going to dreamcraft a new hand?

I wonder if we'll eventually get an observatory Night Bureau set? It'd be a good set to include human Logan in. I suppose set 41757 could be easily modded for it actually?

Do Americans still use Turkey as an insult? Izzie says it all the time. Makes her seem like she's too stupid to come up with original insults.

Matteo can reform his Swiss Army Blob into a Robot/Drone etc... But he can't dream up a mouth for it? Weird.

Someone mentioned a Sandman minifigure had leaked? I assume he'll be in a future set then. I wonder who the guy with the horns who turned into a Night Terror and died in episode one is? His eyes looked like Nightmare King/Grimspawn eyes maybe.

I noticed that the back of Logan's top where it says Monsters, it changes to Zleepers when he transforms into his Dreamling-like form. Odd little detail. Plus he's naked in the sets.

I hope we get a Grimwolf build eventually. It could have a Grim Realm terrain side build maybe? Set 71790 with some mods will have to suffice until then.

The flyer for drummer auditions for a band called Loudsploder got quite a bit of screen time, I wonder if that will tie in to Zoey's musical ambitions in future episodes? The Sandman's shell map/message was music bars according to Zoey, so maybe the kids will form a band to discover the secret?

I wonder what the difference is between a Dream Chaser and a Dream Keeper like Lunia?

Wonder how many episodes are due to release in August?

On 5/15/2023 at 8:09 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

So apparently Dreamzzz will get its own magazine. There is a 16 pages special issue comming with the Lego Star Wars Magazin. It introduces the charakters and there is a comic. It also says that soon there will be a an official Lego Dreamzzz Magazine.

Obtained!

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ! (2)

The Treehouse gets a mention as well as several areas of the Dream World; The Bathtub Realm, Pillow Realm, Upside Down Realm, Fantasy Realm and Cyber Realm. We've seen some of those in the show already, I wonder if they're all canon to the show? Z-Blob becomes a motorbike in the comic story, could make for a cool set eventually. There's a dreaming kid in one panel with a Ninjago shirt 🤣

42 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

How do you get the magazine?

It was a free extra comic inside the current Lego Star Wars magazine in the UK. It seems to be the sort of thing that might be free to pick up from the Lego Stores at some point

On 6/2/2023 at 9:32 AM, Killian said:

Do Americans still use Turkey as an insult? Izzie says it all the time. Makes her seem like she's too stupid to come up with original insults.

Wonder how many episodes are due to release in August?

You're right; "turkey" as an insult is pretty old fashioned. Izzie's dialogue is actually filled with oddly anachronistic phrases; I'd like to think it's a character choice and not the writers struggling to do convincing dialog for kids in the 2020s, but we'll see...

According to the Dreamzzz cover story in Blocks Magazine 103 and IMDB we'll be getting 10 more episodes for a total of 20.

3 hours ago, TalonCard said:

You're right; "turkey" as an insult is pretty old fashioned. Izzie's dialogue is actually filled with oddly anachronistic phrases; I'd like to think it's a character choice and not the writers struggling to do convincing dialog for kids in the 2020s, but we'll see...

Last time I heard the word "turkey" as in insult was the google doodle Jerry Lawson birthday game