LEGO Dreamzzz: Trademark Application Hints at New Theme World in the Realm of Dreams

We have just reported on the "Brick to the Future" brand and now we have discovered an even more up-to-date and probably much more exciting trademark application of LEGO for you: LEGO Dreamzzz. Under this name, LEGO Juris A/S has applied for a trademark and thus probably indicates a new theme world that could appear next year.

The word mark "LEGO Dreamzzz" was applied for on 13 July 2022 through the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). The trademark application was published today (19 July) and is therefore only now available for viewing, although it has now also ended up in the DPMA. Currently, the registration is still in the examination procedure.

We suspect that LEGO Dreamzzz is a new private label of LEGO and thus a new theme world that could be launched next year, along with many other LEGO 2023 novelties. This is at least suggested by the registration notice of the trade mark published today. After LEGO VIDIYO was recently discontinued and LEGO Hidden Side has also disappeared from the market since 2020, LEGO is also slowly becoming time for a new theme world that is based on its own ideas and does not only work with foreign licenses.

The next "Big Bang Theme"?

Such new theme worlds are often referred to as "Big Bang Themes" in fan circles (and probably also internally at LEGO). This refers to the fact that these new theme worlds are designed for a rather short term of usually three years and are pushed especially in the first year with massive marketing activities in order to create the "big bang" possible and to generate a lot of attention for the new products and the new theme world. Often these new theme worlds are also accompanied by a TV series that helps with the marketing of the products.

Most recently, LEGO Hidden Side were introduced here and maybe you could also include LEGO VIDIYO, even if there was no TV series of its own. Before that, for example, it was LEGO Nexo Knights and LEGO Chima. In between, LEGO Monkie Kid appeared, which was and is mainly intended for the Asian market. The most successful theme world of this kind, which still exists today, is LEGO Ninjago.

What's behind LEGO Dreamzzz?

Of course, the name "LEGO Dreamzzz" allows for some speculation as to what the theme world could be. We expect a play world for children in which the dreams (and perhaps also the nightmares) of the children play a role. In the context of such a dream world, there is of course a lot of potential for (in the truest sense of the word) fantastic buildings, vehicles and situations, which should give the LEGO designers a lot of artistic freedom here. Purely based on the name, we associate the theme world with Momo, The Neverending Story, Alice in Wonderland and maybe a bit of The LEGO Movie.

What exactly is behind LEGO Dreamzzz and what the sets look like, we will probably only find out when the sets are officially presented, or when the first leaks about the theme world spread on social media.

Digital or purely analogue?

The exciting question is whether LEGO Dreamzzz is a purely analogue theme world, or whether the smartphone will once again play a role, as with Hidden Side and VIDIYO. Unfortunately, the Nice classes only provide limited information about LEGO's plans. Roughly speaking, LEGO has applied for the trademark in the following classes:

• Class 9: e.g. computer programs and software
  • Class 16: e.g. paper and stationery
  • Class 25: e.g. clothing
  • Class 28: Toys, including clamping blocks
  • Class 41: Entertainment, including movies and videos via VoD

In the Nice classes mentioned above, however, LEGO usually registers all new theme worlds – both those with a digital focus and the analogue ones. It is clear that of course toys (clamping blocks), clothing and possibly also a TV series could appear. In the area of merchandise, you could also imagine, for example, stationery and of course LEGO also secures the brand for video games.

For the time being, we are optimistic that an app (if at all) could only play a subordinate role and LEGO will once again launch a purely analog theme world after the failure of VIDIYO and the also not particularly successful Hidden Side – but this is pure speculation at the moment, in which perhaps the wish is also the father of the thought. 😉

What do you think about the name "LEGO Dreamzzz" and what would you expect from a new theme world with this name? What dream and nightmare worlds could LEGO enter here? Feel free to exchange ideas in the comments and speculate a little with us.

This new is from stonewars.de.

I could see how the name could hint at a digital component (perhaps a virtual "dreamworld" of sorts that could use AR tech to bring sets to "life"), but apart from that I'm not totally sure what this might entail. Probably too early to say.

In any case I've been impressed with past AR themes like Hidden Side and Vidiyo even without always making the most use of the apps, so this could potentially bring some interesting sets and figures as well.

LEGO Dreamzzz?? 

I just hope its something like Hidden Side and not something like Vidiyo

On 7/19/2022 at 9:44 PM, Robert8 said:

LEGO Dreamzzz?? 

I just hope its something like Hidden Side and not something like Vidiyo

Vidiyo was an abomination and I'm glad it is dead,hopefully lego will learn from this but I have a nagging feeling that they won't.

Hidden Side was the last action theme that wasn't a ninjago clone and for all it's missteps it was a good theme.Hopefully this new one is something akin to HS.

32 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Could this be part of the reason Monkie Kid will no longer be available in store?

I seriously doubt it. Monkie Kid no longer being in some stores seems to have more to do with inconsistent sales outside of Asia than anything else, unconnected to any upcoming theme especially one that is most likely not due out until next year.

Well knowing how reliable in store information is from temporary sales employees, that is what I thought. However I was told in store the reason Monkie Kid was being removed was to specifically make room for a new theme. This did come from an older guy, that actually seems to know what he is talking about half the time. Regardless it sounded pretty silly to me and I suppose it is more coincidence than anything else.

I do hope this is something like Fantasy, Dreamworld, not really a conflict theme with war vehicles but more like something Elves / Peter Pan / Wizard of Oz.

Of course, usually if there are dreams, there are nightmares too.

Chima, Nexo, Hidden Side, Ninjago and Monkie Kid all had some tech vehicles of some sort, I hope that's completely absent from this.

Edited by TeriXeri

I sure hope it’ s a minifigure theme that focus on fantasy alone. Not with high-tech vehicles or modern-day weapons. 

Like minifigures fall asleep and find themselves in a strange world that they can explore, fight evil force with sword and shield. Like TeriXeri said it’s more like Peter Pan or Wizard of Oz, which I like that fantasy idea without any modern stuff. 

I guess minifigures can take sleeping curse from Maleficent…

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I sure hope it’ s a minifigure theme that focus on fantasy alone. Not with high-tech vehicles or modern-day weapons. 

Like minifigures fall asleep and find themselves in a strange world that they can explore, fight evil force with sword and shield. Like TeriXeri said it’s more like Peter Pan or Wizard of Oz, which I like that fantasy idea without any modern stuff. 

I guess minifigures can take sleeping curse from Maleficent…

I can see it now:

Minifigure Children: "What's the way to Dreamland?"

Wise old hermit man: "There are three ways: 1) Take the first star to the right and go onto till morning. However, that star is aprrox. 4.37 light years from earth, so you'll be very much dead of old age by the time you reach it by less than lightspeed travel."

Disheartened Children: "...and the second?"

old Hermit: 2) "Take the Yellow Brick road straight there. To reach the start of the road, you need to survive an F5 tornado going over the rainbow, which is incredibly unlikely that you won't get shredded by additional tornado debris first."

Depressed children: "What about the third?"

crazy old hermit dude: "3) Prick your finger on a spinning wheel after being cast a sleeping spell on by a witch. Here, I have Maleficent on speed-dial and the spinning wheel is over there."

Enthusiastic children: "Call her then!"

MUCH LATER

Hermit: "I should have warned them about the 'only true love's kiss can you wake up-thing', because they both are asleep!"

Edited by Murdoch17

18 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Chima, Nexo, Hidden Side, Ninjago and Monkie Kid all had some tech vehicles of some sort, I hope that's completely absent from this.

Considering legos track record with how they handled action themes those past few years I say fat chance to this theme being anything different from the norm.

19 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I can see it now:

Minifigure Children: "What's the way to Dreamland?"

Wise old hermit man: "There are three ways: 1) Take the first star to the right and go onto till morning. However, that star is aprrox. 4.37 light years from earth, so you'll be very much dead of old age by the time you reach it by less than lightspeed travel."

Disheartened Children: "...and the second?"

old Hermit: 2) "Take the Yellow Brick road straight there. To reach the start of the road, you need to survive an F5 tornado going over the rainbow, which is incredibly unlikely that you won't get shredded by additional tornado debris first."

Depressed children: "What about the third?"

crazy old hermit dude: "3) Prick your finger on a spinning wheel after being cast a sleeping spell on by a witch. Here, I have Maleficent on speed-dial and the spinning wheel is over there."

Enthusiastic children: "Call her then!"

MUCH LATER

Hermit: "I should have warned them about the 'only true love's kiss can you wake up-thing', because they both are asleep!"

LOL! Good one! :)

1 hour ago, Natant16 said:

How do we know this is an action theme anyways?

This. It’s kinda hard for me to believe this rumored theme… it doesn’t look like moderators locked this thread. 

The trademark is real, the actual content of the theme could be anything at this point, even minidolls.

Another trademark is called Brick to the Future.

Edited by TeriXeri

Yeah, I'd really caution against getting too attached to any speculation at all about what this theme might be. I'm remembering how people spun the vaguest information about Nexo Knights into high hopes that it would be something steampunk-y only to be bitterly disappointed when it turned out to be more castle-meets-space.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:52 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Could this be part of the reason Monkie Kid will no longer be available in store?

I found Monkie Kid in The Lego store in a UK city last week. Admittedly, it was a city with a "Chinatown" area and a reasonable amount of Chinese population.

Oh, two toy airs are scheduled - London in January 2023 and Nuberberg in February 2023. It looks like New York toy fair will be set in late September 2023.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A Vidiyo-styled triceratops minifig head has shown up on IG :wacko:

If I remember correctly, they said a different version of the theme would debut in 2023. Could this be it? I mean it can‘t be a prototype for a cancelled set since the piece has finalised-looking printing and everything, so it has to be from a 2023 set

Could it be for Dreammzzzz? 

9 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I surely hope so

Yeah, me too. I don’t think Vidiyo will make a comeback - app is shut down and theme is discontinued. I’m really curious about Dreamzzzz.

It will be interesting to find out, that dinosaur head was nifty. I am one of the few who enjoyed the Vidiyo theme for its colours and characters even if I was never engaged with any app stuff.

It looks like there is a new witch hat with light l blue hairpiece leaked. Is it for Dreamzzzz?

I mean I remember there is a dinosaur head and Vidiyo was suppsoed to have a goth witch, right?

Edited by DBlegonerd7