Sign in to follow this  
weavil

Having trouble with bendable hoses in Studio

The MOC I'm trying to finish up with, the hoses are giving me trouble. Its a two part problem; they seem longer in Studio then the real ones and because of that I am having trouble putting them in place.

(Don't have the real one re-built yet as I had made a number of changes as I was digitizing it)

640x480.png

The red rigid in front is suppose to fit threw the axle holes on the front and fits nice and clean.

The black ribbed rigid needs to go on the tan axle right under the door and connects inside one up and one over.

How can I improve these problem or do I just keep play with them?

Thank you for your time.

Flexible hoses are really fiddly for me in Stud.io as well. :sad: I think keep playing around with them is the only thing that could work, as there aren't any tools in Stud.io to manipulate flexible hoses properly. 

However you can take the difficult but guaranteed method of using the hoses in Mecabricks and bending them there. Then exporting the bended hoses as .obj and importing them into Parts Designer (set the scale to 250) and then exporting them as custom parts in Stud.io and position them accordingly in your model.