I've made another 12v layout video, and this one includes an inner and outer loop, electrically connected through the points. The last clip took a couple of tries to film, since I had to do some quick point work and the trains collided in the first takes. :laugh_hard: These posts have been getting a lot of nice comments which means a lot to me as a content creator, and I'm glad people are enjoying my videos! I also have an extra clips video and a behind the scenes video, which I'll post links to in this thread as they release. Enjoy Layout 7!

7 hours ago, Reker1000000 said:

The last clip took a couple of tries to film, since I had to do some quick point work and the trains collided in the first takes.

You know, for me the thing here - as @Andy Glascott also pointed out - the pure fun of getting them rolling, with "dancing fingers". That is the core of the matter with 12V. Not the track geometry resembling a real yard, no, but the pure fun of running, directing and shunting steamers, diesels, electrics with whatever cars through a world of 12V track.

The core of the LEGO 12V train system: Play it. 

Wonderful. And it needs "dancing fingers". The pivotal element.

All the best, and thanks for sharing (again!)

Thorsten 

Nice video to show what the full possibilities 12v has to offer.

If 2 switches are together, I connect at one controlpoint instead of 2. Please next time without music, I like to hear to sound of running 12v trains :wub: .

On 7/16/2022 at 12:22 PM, Andy Glascott said:

Love the dancing fingers part way through when you get the 2nd train running , one of the joys of the 12v system to prevent crashes.

Yep! Quick point work is necessary in a layout like this.

On 7/16/2022 at 5:18 PM, Toastie said:

You know, for me the thing here - as @Andy Glascott also pointed out - the pure fun of getting them rolling, with "dancing fingers". That is the core of the matter with 12V. Not the track geometry resembling a real yard, no, but the pure fun of running, directing and shunting steamers, diesels, electrics with whatever cars through a world of 12V track.

The core of the LEGO 12V train system: Play it. 

Wonderful. And it needs "dancing fingers". The pivotal element.

All the best, and thanks for sharing (again!)

Thorsten

Yes! 12v trains are meant to be run, and I try to do them justice with my layouts. I may get a second transformer soon, which will add some more complications to the control panel- expect to see some more point work in layout videos sometime soon...

17 hours ago, BillytheKid said:

Nice video to show what the full possibilities 12v has to offer.

If 2 switches are together, I connect at one controlpoint instead of 2. Please next time without music, I like to hear to sound of running 12v trains :wub: .

Thanks! Layout videos always have music, but for layout 8 I'll make the extra clips video without music, just for you.

Thank you all for the positive comments! I've got new content around the corner, and a new train ordered...

In the meantime, here's the extra clips video.

I made a short behind the scenes video (as usual) explaining the layout more in-depth. I'll be releasing an interesting video soon which I will post in a new thread, so stay updated for that...

Aaah, the classic "8" revisited!!! I love it, and was the target track figure I wanted to complete back in the days. Simple, playful - even quite compact in its original, basic design reproduced in Lego catalogs. :pir-love:

Ciao!

Davide

On 7/21/2022 at 4:44 AM, Paperinik77pk said:

Aaah, the classic "8" revisited!!! I love it, and was the target track figure I wanted to complete back in the days. Simple, playful - even quite compact in its original, basic design reproduced in Lego catalogs. :pir-love:

Yeah! Always a good layout, and my variant has extra points in order to run 2 trains at the same time by adding a second full loop rather than just making a large passing line around the 8.

19 hours ago, Reker1000000 said:

Yeah! Always a good layout, and my variant has extra points in order to run 2 trains at the same time by adding a second full loop rather than just making a large passing line around the 8.

It's the best improvement that can be performed on that kind of layout :thumbup::sweet: