Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

Albion Bookstore

Recommended Posts

51933176792_bf438c0398_c.jpg

Nestled in the busy streets of the city of Albion in Avalonia is a cozy bookstore. Although small in size, it is packed from floor to ceiling with books of all shapes and sizes, and is renown for being one of the best places in Historica to find knowledge. From ancient tomes to magical spellbooks,  Nocturnus cookbooks full of questionable recipies to Varlyarian romances, any type of book can be found here, for the right price...

51934774435_c522812152_c.jpg

 

Notes:

Hi guys! This is a 8x32 Modular Bookstore I built for my LUGs build challenge . Of course, I decided to build mine medieval themed and set in Avalonia. I posted this a bit ago on Flickr, but hadn't gotten around to posting it here until now. Hope you enjoy :classic:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome (giant bookshelves always are! :grin: :laugh:), you really managed to get a lot of books into a pretty small place!  The bay window and that roof are really nice as well, and I'm intrigued by your choice of including a cellar - definitely not something I would have thought of, but it looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really cool--like Garmadon says, tall bookshelves are always cool!  I love how huge the main story is compared to the cellar and how unexpected that is from the outside.  This would be a fun build to squeeze in between my favorite books on a shelf--and with a fun surprise inside for whoever takes it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I already see this on flickr a while ago? I feel deja vu for some reason, but I'm glad to see such an engaging build once more! I love the super colourful interior, and the contrast with the rich dark green roof. So many details beside that to examine! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is excellent! The long-and-lean footprint of the build really suits the shop and is perfect for the giant bookcase. I also love the basement - and the kitty dutifully protecting the books from rodents!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2022 at 11:00 AM, Garmadon said:

This is awesome (giant bookshelves always are! :grin: :laugh:), you really managed to get a lot of books into a pretty small place!  The bay window and that roof are really nice as well, and I'm intrigued by your choice of including a cellar - definitely not something I would have thought of, but it looks great!

Thanks! I didn't really plan out having a cellar, I started with the stone staircase and realized that I would have space under the main floor for a basement.

On 7/15/2022 at 3:34 PM, jtooker said:

Wow! Looks great inside and out.

Thanks!

On 7/16/2022 at 12:16 AM, Kai NRG said:

This is really cool--like Garmadon says, tall bookshelves are always cool!  I love how huge the main story is compared to the cellar and how unexpected that is from the outside.  This would be a fun build to squeeze in between my favorite books on a shelf--and with a fun surprise inside for whoever takes it out!

Thanks! It actually sits on my bookshelf right now :grin:

On 7/18/2022 at 11:36 AM, W Navarre said:

Did I already see this on flickr a while ago? I feel deja vu for some reason, but I'm glad to see such an engaging build once more! I love the super colourful interior, and the contrast with the rich dark green roof. So many details beside that to examine! 

Thanks! I posted it on Flickr a few months ago so you probably saw it there. I'm super happy with how the roof came out, I'm glad you noticed!

On 7/20/2022 at 10:57 AM, Aurore said:

This is excellent! The long-and-lean footprint of the build really suits the shop and is perfect for the giant bookcase. I also love the basement - and the kitty dutifully protecting the books from rodents!

Thank you! The cat waiting outside the mousehole was one of my favorite little details to add :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice how many details you fit in there :pir-love:! The roof technique is cool and as noticed before - I like the contrast between the dark roof and the bright books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great Albion build!  Love the rooftop.  I'm hoping to do an Albion build once I get my bricks out of storage, and may steal that roof design so the city of Albion remains consistent!  The bookshelves look great, and I like the cellar.  I really like the interior and the way the shop opens.  The brilliant long, thin design makes a lot of sense when you consider the dense urban setting of Albion.  I look forward to your next builds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.