Stupid name, I know. It wasn't intended to stick, but here we are...

jRTV8X0.png

This MOC started out as a chassis test and grew from there. I was trying to build as compact a steam based driveline as possible, similar to my Powered Up Shunter from a while back. While that was the smallest I felt I could go with a Diesel (using strictly LEGO parts and legal techniques only) this was kind of the same exercise but with a steam locomotive. Obviously I couldn't hide a battery box in the loco anywhere, so I made a tender. Not prototypical, I know, but this isn't based on anything in particular. It's fantasy for a fictional railway that doesn't really even exist outside of a couple of locos with the WFLR initials on them!

That being said, here is my design process so far.

Power Tank Engine MOC on Imgur.

Sorry for the whole external host thing. Maybe I'll modify the post once I get time to manually resize all the images and embed them from the Imgur links. For now, the external link will have to do. Sorry!

I may convert this into a proper tank engine at some point with a coal bunker on the back and a boxcar for the battery box, but I'm pretty happy with it for now.

Edited by Toxic43
Added the main image.

looks quite good. in terms of links everyone uses an external hoster (most use flickr) as the internal hosting isnt ment for that.

1 minute ago, XG BC said:

looks quite good. in terms of links everyone uses an external hoster (most use flickr) as the internal hosting isnt ment for that.

Thanks! Oh, I know I have to use an external host, I just didn't have time to extract the images and embed them here, so you don't have to click through another link. I'll see if I can get some time later and edit the post so the images are just on this page. Makes it easier for folks to view them without having to leave Eurobricks.

3 minutes ago, Toxic43 said:

Thanks! Oh, I know I have to use an external host, I just didn't have time to extract the images and embed them here, so you don't have to click through another link. I'll see if I can get some time later and edit the post so the images are just on this page. Makes it easier for folks to view them without having to leave Eurobricks.

ok i get what you mean.