Captain_Quinn

[MOC][Instructions] SA-23E Aurora Starfury (Babylon 5) - UCS Scale

Happy to finally say these words.... the Starfury is ready and launching!

52215699495_0ee7cd2e8a_c_d.jpg

After what feels like a longer gap between Babylon 5 official releases, I've finally gotten the instructions to a place where I'm happy to give the "go" order and drop this sucker out the Cobra Bay doors. Available for USD$35 on Rebrickable.

So, what are you getting for your currency of choice?

436 pages of full color, high resolution instructions, backed with artwork, in-universe history, Behind the Scenes, in a bookmarked, link navigable PDF. Parts lists have been created as XML for upload to Lego marketplace of choice (Bricklink, Brickowl, etc.), CSV and PDF, with both full build and lists for each sub-section to help with organising pieces.

This initial release is for the base model, with stickers for either Ivanova's "Gryphon" variant, or one of the "Battle of the Line" participants. "Initial release???"... yes, there are variants in the pipeline.

And finally, the design has been developed with room for lighting of the engines, thrusters and cockpit.

52212466635_06fdda033b_c_d.jpg

52211979211_a89d01212e_w_d.jpg52210975392_e279aea216_w_d.jpg

52212254529_babbd8cefb_w_d.jpg51542707595_6bf2481c9d_w_d.jpg

Got it WOOOO!

The only things I don't have are the little scale guy and any final piece changes.

Edited by Dracoargenteus

Oh dear...

Yes!... The wait is over.

Can't express my gratitude for your work, Captain_Quinn. You have my respect.

The UCS Sticker plaque is now available as well, so I see! :wub_drool:

https://www.ultimatecollectorstickers.co.uk/product-page/lego-ucs-sticker-for-sa-23e-aurora-starfury-babylon-5-by-tdmocs-moc-116986

https://www.ultimatecollectorstickers.co.uk/product-page/sticker-sheet-for-sa-23e-aurora-starfury-babylon-5-by-captain-quinn

Oooooh, there's the Ivanova sticker pack, too. :excited:

Edited by manglegrat
Spotted the Ivanova pack, as well...

Sadly, this will likely be my final Rebrickable based release after finding out that one of the buyers has gone on to sell copies with clone-brick kits on that hive of scum-and-villainy that is a particular Chinese site known for give zero sh*ts about such theft. I can't stop them selling "kits" based on clone bricks, but I'm damned pissed about the inclusion of "PDF Instructions" via email.

If I go down the path of releasing instructions again, I think I'll use a different mechanism with added security. Less than 4 months of sales after nearly 4 years of work... just ain't worth the hassle and grief. I never expected this to make money, but I sure as hell didn't expect it to be treated worse than 2-ply toilet paper.

Grr, that sucks @Captain_Quinn, sorry to hear you got shafted by the creeps on this one, too. :damn:

It seems like MOC creators are condemned to be stolen from by these parasites for all time. The "MOCs Designers vs V****o" FB group is full of people like us trying to fight back, with occasional brief success, but it seems like these creeps are like a hydra - you cut off one head and two more pop up (they all lead back to the same "body", pretty much). Resistance seems to be futile. :angry:

When checking my Rebrickable stats, I always see a lot of referrals to my MOC pages coming from the clone-brick sites, and I suspect some of the (sadly few) instruction purchases I've had recently might be clone-kit buyers with a conscience... 

Edited by manglegrat

I've contacted the two stores that have included the kits and asked that they either remove it, or include a link to purchase the instructions from rebrickable and refrain from sending out the instructions.

One has agreed, the other hasn't responded. Time will tell.