Sign in to follow this  
DeathCap

[COR - FB] HMS Piper

In a gross display of nepotism, Commander Palmer promotes his 14-year-old nephew, Thomas Palmer, to acting lieutenant.

Young Palmer's rank and influence allow him to take command of HMS Piper, a freshly built 4-gun cutter. "Good luck Captain Palmer!" Shouts his uncle. The two ships depart and Young Palmer starts an adventure of his own.

52213719022_3a2d47b9b8_b.jpgUntitled by DeathCap Lego, on Flickr

Palmer's orders are to deliver dispatches and to engage enemy vessels of inferior size. With that said, his voyage is largely mundane for now...

52213686727_d49d617fe8_b.jpgHMS Piper by DeathCap Lego, on Flickr

52215176520_cd2e821af8_b.jpgHMS Piper by DeathCap Lego, on Flickr

52214692376_7cafb00daf_b.jpgHMS Piper by DeathCap Lego, on Flickr

52214692351_928d086c08_b.jpgHMS Piper by DeathCap Lego, on Flickr

Palmer savors his well-deserved first command

52214692366_b5b4b00730_b.jpgHMS Piper by DeathCap Lego, on Flickr

Meanwhile, the hands are hard at work stowing away the Captain's belongings.

"Don't drop anything!" able seaman Davies hissed. "I served with his uncle before, he's a flogging captain. If he's anything like his uncle he'll give ya two dozen for dropping his dunnage!"

52215176390_6daf69cbed_b.jpgHMS Piper by DeathCap Lego, on Flickr

What will happen next in young Palmer's voyage? Stay tuned for the next installment!

This is a nice and well built ship. 14-year-old nephew, Thomas Palmer? He's probably already tall and muscular by the age of 14. I think he will go his way successfully.

4 hours ago, NOD said:

This is a nice and well built ship. 14-year-old nephew, Thomas Palmer? He's probably already tall and muscular by the age of 14. I think he will go his way successfully.

Thankee NOD

Palmer is still a youngster. We'll see if he can earn the crew's respect.

Edited by DeathCap

She's a very nice looking vessel DeathCap. Let me know if you need any assistance getting her signed up for the trade MRCA (if that is indeed what you intend her for!).

13 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

She's a very nice looking vessel DeathCap. Let me know if you need any assistance getting her signed up for the trade MRCA (if that is indeed what you intend her for!).

Thankee Ayrlego. Would I get money for this free build? Also, would this vessel be of any use in a military capacity for Corrington?

11 hours ago, DeathCap said:

Thankee Ayrlego. Would I get money for this free build? Also, would this vessel be of any use in a military capacity for Corrington?

Absolutely on both counts! Firstly, you should fill out this form:  Build Submittal Form to earn 10DBs for the freebuild.

Then, if you were interested in donating Piper for Naval service, I am pretty sure she would qualify for the  Gunboats for the Colonies scheme as a class 2 gun sloop for which the Crown is paying 40DBs for. The gunboats scheme is also a Glory of Corrington (GoC) task if that was something you were interested in pursuing. 

I notice that you have already licensed her as your free class vessel. So if you did want to offer her for Crown service, let me know and I will transfer the license and 'refund' you your free license! If you'd like to keep her under your control and run her in the tMRCA with your other ship, you can find the the rules here and then sign-up via this form. Let us know if you have an issues and I can help with the paperwork - it's a lot to take in at the beginning of the game, but it is the only way we have to make everything (somewhat) work!

On 7/15/2022 at 12:41 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Hooray for the HMS Piper!

3 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Handsome boats both! Fare thee well!

Thankee both of you

On 7/15/2022 at 3:19 AM, Ayrlego said:

Absolutely on both counts! Firstly, you should fill out this form:  Build Submittal Form to earn 10DBs for the freebuild.

Then, if you were interested in donating Piper for Naval service, I am pretty sure she would qualify for the  Gunboats for the Colonies scheme as a class 2 gun sloop for which the Crown is paying 40DBs for. The gunboats scheme is also a Glory of Corrington (GoC) task if that was something you were interested in pursuing. 

I notice that you have already licensed her as your free class vessel. So if you did want to offer her for Crown service, let me know and I will transfer the license and 'refund' you your free license! If you'd like to keep her under your control and run her in the tMRCA with your other ship, you can find the the rules here and then sign-up via this form. Let us know if you have an issues and I can help with the paperwork - it's a lot to take in at the beginning of the game, but it is the only way we have to make everything (somewhat) work!

I think I will sign up for the MRCA. Which port should I start in since this is my first time?

Also, how do I view my ship licenses? I forgot what stats I put down.

Edited by DeathCap

On 7/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, DeathCap said:

I think I will sign up for the MRCA. Which port should I start in since this is my first time?

Also, how do I view my ship licenses? I forgot what stats I put down.

You can start in any port you like. Totally up to you, I'd probably recommend a Corrie port to make in character (IC) sense! This post has a list of ports.

You ship stats are:

HMS Piper: Class 2 R4 M4 G1 C1 $1 H1

HMS Atropos: Class 4 R4 M4 G4 C4 $0 H2

Welcome aboard, Lt. Palmer!

I really like the Piper, particularly the bows, where you've achieved some excellent shaping! The tapering towards the stern is a bit blocky, though. Perhaps something to work on for future builds. I really like your rigging too - really excellent work - I am hoping young Palmer will do the Royal Navy proud!

10 hours ago, Bregir said:

Welcome aboard, Lt. Palmer!

I really like the Piper, particularly the bows, where you've achieved some excellent shaping! The tapering towards the stern is a bit blocky, though. Perhaps something to work on for future builds. I really like your rigging too - really excellent work - I am hoping young Palmer will do the Royal Navy proud!

Thanks for the excellent criticism. It is rather blocky at the stern because I forgot to taper the last section by half a brick. 

6 hours ago, omnihash_cz said:

Great start! Have fun with Brick seas!

Thankee