Sign in to follow this  
BrickMatit

[MOC] Hogwarts Library

52211124711_1fb15e7841_c.jpg

IMG_3896 by Brick Matit, su Flickr

Waiting for the arriving of the official Madam Pince, from 76402_Dumbledore's Office set that I've not bought yet, my custom Madam Pince is pleased to welcome you into her own kingdom: the Hogwarts Library.

This project is my own tribute to the Hogwarts Library. As for the appearance, rooms built and scenes depicted I got clues here and there, but my main references come from the Philosopher Stone and Chamber of Secrets movies and from Philosopher Stone PC game. All the rest is up to my imagination!

What I wanted to achieve was created something that could evoke the magical atmosphere of the first Harry Potter sets from 2001 and 2002, but that could match well with the modern sets. I must say I'm really satisfied.

This MOC has more than 3.000 pieces and every section is fully removable.

52211126173_bcf838e923_c.jpg

IMG_3909 by Brick Matit, su Flickr

Tell me what you think and if you manage to recognise every reference!

On my Flickr page you can find much more images. 

Edited by BrickMatit

Wow, it turned out really good, after the inclusion of Madam Pince I'm also thinking about building a library at my Hogwarts, very interesting to see your ideas.
Maybe it's good if you publish in the Harry Potter MOCs publication, so your construction will have more visibility.
But anyway congratulations.

Good work on your rendition of the Hogwarts library. You put quite a bit of details in that make it feel proper.

Excellent MOC! Did you base the shape off the Library in PS-CoS? Love that asymmetrical design you've implemented.

Amazing work!

On 7/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, BrickMatit said:

and from Philosopher Stone PC game. 

Even before I've read the description I've instantly noticed familiar wooden handrails on the upper level with Nearly Headless Nick waiting to help on one side and the cat patroling the other one :) HP1 PC game vibe is very strong here!

On 7/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, BrickMatit said:

What I wanted to achieve was created something that could evoke the magical atmosphere of the first Harry Potter sets from 2001 and 2002, but that could match well with the modern sets.

You manged to execute it flawlessly, your build perfectly mimics overall design of first HP sets but it clearly matches the new ones.

I really like the scrolls section with the one unwinded scroll displayed. Also the narrow section with the doors to the roof is very nice looking. The green vines here and there make the build look very realistic. I love how the build feels alive and it's full of detalis - it is almost moving on the screen :) and yet the footprint is not too big which is great. And most off all it is your own creation and not just something you saw and built - congratulations on astonishing MOC!

Thanks @drewdotexe and yes, my main references fom this MOC were PS and CoS movies and PC games. For example the central scene (left table with Ernie MacMillan talking with other Hufflepuff students about Dark Harry and right table with Ginny studying) is taken from CoS movie. While on the right you have a scene taken from PS: the Rescricted Section with Harry under his Invisible Cloack.

@uPawelek you make me blush :blush: with your strong appreciation for my Library! Thank you very much.

I have no doubt that HP1 PC game vibe is very strong in you :wink: and I'm so happy you appreciate it so much.

6 hours ago, uPawelek said:

And most off all it is your own creation and not just something you saw and built

That's something I will never cease to be amazed by: 

when, in the end, after a long time passed imagining, projecting, buying pieces, wait for them to arrive and mark the ones you have and the ones you miss, building... 

.. in the end you have your MOC in front of you and you feel happy and satisfied.

It's like having find a treasure, having build a treasure :laugh:

@BrickMatit The library is the one thing I've been missing from my Hogwarts, and I've been haunting Rebrickable looking for suitable instructions and tried to make my own but I just wasn't happy with it. In real life, I spend a lot of time at the library and it felt really central to the HP story and I wasn't doing it justice. But then I just saw your creation and I am just BLOWN AWAY. You've inspired me to start over again first thing tomorrow! Thank you!! 

12 hours ago, f2iso100 said:

I am just BLOWN AWAY. You've inspired me to start over again first thing tomorrow! Thank you!! 

Thank you for your enthusiastic comment :wub:

i'm so happy to see someone inspired by my creation :blush:!

Have a good time building :wink: