Rubblemaker

[MOC] Matterphase Neutrino Skimmer

An experimental craft that can harness the power of neutrinos to pass through solid matter. Now Benny can travel across the universe in a straight line. No need to circumnavigate around any pesky planets, just go right through them! 
Full album can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72177720300489388
Or come find me on Instagram: @rubblemaker_lego. 

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

10 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I'm loving the contrast between the bionicle heavy front section and the smooth back, well done!

Thanks. The back section was originally quite heavily greebled. I'm glad I settled on a smooth finish in the end.

17 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I'm loving the contrast between the bionicle heavy front section and the smooth back, well done!

Agreed. Your use of bionicle components is wonderful on this. Your main picture does make it look like Benny just rammed through the planet and it's exploding in pink energy, but that's just me.

2 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Agreed. Your use of bionicle components is wonderful on this. Your main picture does make it look like Benny just rammed through the planet and it's exploding in pink energy, but that's just me.

Thanks! 😊 and… well.. he is in a ship which has only one purpose, to pass through solid matter. So that’s pretty much exactly what he has done! 😄🤘

Fantastic little ship! :moar:

Your design is very well conceived and 'buttoned up.'  The Bionicle parts look like they belong and they're surprisingly at home with this CS treatment.  I especially like how sleek the nose is, how the slope of the canopy flows right into the nose piece seamlessly - great stuff!  Your use of those two chunky grey engine pieces works really well here - its a part that I was never fond of, but this vertical configuration along with the intake plumbing and engine tail cones looks really good!  Needless to say, the color scheme is a classic choice, also very well done.  And finally, wonderful photography - I always appreciate when a MOC is properly showcased with some good lighting and background.

Thanks for sharing, love it!

3 hours ago, lowlead said:

Fantastic little ship! :moar:

Your design is very well conceived and 'buttoned up.'  The Bionicle parts look like they belong and they're surprisingly at home with this CS treatment.  I especially like how sleek the nose is, how the slope of the canopy flows right into the nose piece seamlessly - great stuff!  Your use of those two chunky grey engine pieces works really well here - its a part that I was never fond of, but this vertical configuration along with the intake plumbing and engine tail cones looks really good!  Needless to say, the color scheme is a classic choice, also very well done.  And finally, wonderful photography - I always appreciate when a MOC is properly showcased with some good lighting and background.

Thanks for sharing, love it!

Thanks very much. It’s comments like this that are one of the things I love about Eurobricks. I get a lot of ‘cool’ and ‘awesome’ type of responses on Soc med which are great but they don’t give you much of an idea of how your work is being perceived by people who really know the hobby well. Thanks for taking the time to give me such a detailed breakdown of your view on it. It’s good to know that most of the aesthetic details I worked into it came together well for others and not just me. 👍😊

11 hours ago, Interstellar SKUNK Works said:

that foot works superbly as a nose cone!

Thanks :) it really does. As soon as I spotted it in my bionicles box I knew I was onto something.

Looks really good! Though a small suggestion: Perhaps building in SNOT for the rear danger stripes (the ones in black and yellow) would work better, though I'm not sure if the internal structure could support it. It would add some detail and would look a bit better in my humble opinion.

On 7/15/2022 at 2:46 PM, tiledfloor said:

Looks really good! Though a small suggestion: Perhaps building in SNOT for the rear danger stripes (the ones in black and yellow) would work better, though I'm not sure if the internal structure could support it. It would add some detail and would look a bit better in my humble opinion.

Well.. this isn’t a work in progress. The moc is finished and all photos taken of it so.. probably not going to be doing that. I’m sharing it with the community for their enjoyment rather than asking for ideas of what to change on it. Plus I don’t really see what that would bring to it, the stripes and entire back section is already studless. In snot the stripes would just be the same but thinner. Really wouldn’t make much of a difference. 

Edited by Rubblemaker

Wow! I'm not a fan of classic space, and definitely not of bionicle, but this build has some very clever solutions and part usage. I love it.

5 hours ago, kodlovag said:

Wow! I'm not a fan of classic space, and definitely not of bionicle, but this build has some very clever solutions and part usage. I love it.

Ha! Thanks. I’m not a big fan of bionicle either, but I am a fan of the parts! 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:50 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Exactly my thoughts. Nice juxtaposition.

Smooth transition from the canopy to the nosecone (a Bionicle foot I'm guessing?).

11 hours ago, danth said:

Exactly my thoughts. Nice juxtaposition.

Smooth transition from the canopy to the nosecone (a Bionicle foot I'm guessing?).

Correct, foot for the nose, 2 more feet either side of the canopy and a head behind it. 😁