Sign in to follow this  
somelegothings_

[MOC] David Tennant's TARDIS Console

52208189296_9a93ba4b0c_b.jpg

10th Doctor’s Console by SporadicUser, on Flickr

Nothing to really say here, did go through Tennant's catalog and really enjoyed it. Forgot how much I liked it as a kid and that interest is revitalized as an adult. It's really exciting to see he's coming back. I'll also have a build for 14 (or whatever Doctor Ncuti Gatwa is) when it's revealed. For now, I'll post about some of my favorite parts... the screen actually spins! I have stickers numbered "10" and "14" on the console - though the "14" is hiding behind a microphone. Hand in a jar is there, and Wolverine claws are used to mimic wiring under the console. Unfortunately, Tennant is edited by myself and is not a figure anyone (even myself) can purchase. I've composited different figs into one. The base of Tennant's head is Owen from Jurassic World, eyes and eyebrows are from Star Wars' Cassian Andor, cheekbones are from Star Wars' Biggs Darklighter, and the mouth is from one of the Weasely twins. The sneakers are edited on from Beaker (Muppets CMF). The sonic is made from a Harry Potter Gryffindor sword (the red gem I edited blue), an X piece from Speed Champion tools cut for the base of the sonic, and a Harry Potter wand for the butt of the thing. 

The sticker on the screen isn't super accurate but I thought using some stickers from the new Harry Potter sets would be fun and this wizard looked particularly time-lord-y!

Love it!  Also just been re-watching Doctor who for the first time and it's so great.  I've recently bricklink-ed a few parts to make the Doctor and I love the console you've made, very inspiring - the hand in a jar is a particularly brilliant touch!

15 hours ago, Yope said:

Love it!  Also just been re-watching Doctor who for the first time and it's so great.  I've recently bricklink-ed a few parts to make the Doctor and I love the console you've made, very inspiring - the hand in a jar is a particularly brilliant touch!

Many thanks, I’ll be expanding this and connecting it to the Ideas TARDIS for display!

21 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Looks really good. I really hope we get a 10th Doctor figure one day.

Normally I try to stick to Harry Potter lego but I think a tenth doctor would be my most desired figure - it's possibly the most moc'ed fig never to be released.  In fact a whole Doctor Who CMF series would be perfect with various doctors/companions/aliens.

@somelegothings_ any chance you have the lego ideas TARDIS that you could put your console in?  I know the other details wouldn't be consistent but it would be fun to see! 

On 7/17/2022 at 5:51 AM, Agent Kallus said:

I love it, though when I see that console I think of the ninth doctor before the tenth!

That's a fair comparison - seeing as not much stylistically changes between the two. I just bought a 21304 so I'll revamp it for 9/10 using this design!

23 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Looks really good. I really hope we get a 10th Doctor figure one day.

I agree, a new TARDIS with 10, Donna, and Ncuti Gatwa's Doctor would be incredible.

1 hour ago, Yope said:

Normally I try to stick to Harry Potter lego but I think a tenth doctor would be my most desired figure - it's possibly the most moc'ed fig never to be released.  In fact a whole Doctor Who CMF series would be perfect with various doctors/companions/aliens.

@somelegothings_ any chance you have the lego ideas TARDIS that you could put your console in?  I know the other details wouldn't be consistent but it would be fun to see! 

Gosh - I wish LEGO found a way to make some sets. Us fans are locked out of Ideas to offer sets but we can continue MOCing and I'll definitely continue compositing figures to make the Doctors I want. As I stated above, I bought a copy of 21304 as well as parts for an additional TARDIS so I can display a 9/10 TARDIS at college. I have a lot I want to change and am excited to share how that looks with the iconic blue box attached.