Sven J

"Save as draft" - is it possible?

Hi all,

Sorry, stupid question:
Is there an option to start a new topic and then to save it as a draft (instead of submitting it immediately)?
That would be extremely helpful (especially for those who aren't native English speakers), for you could work on your text whenever you have the time, until it is finished.

Thanks for your answer(s)!

Kind regards,
Sven

Hi Sven

Unfortunately there is not a save option for members to save posts before posting them. What I have done in the past is use a basic editor like Notepad or TextEdit and get all the text and photo URLs ready to go then copy and past it into a new topic when I'm ready to post. That way it's all saved somewhere to work on when you can and also a good backup in case the post somehow fails to go through. 

Thank you for your quick reply, @Darkdragon !

9 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

What I have done in the past is use a basic editor like Notepad or TextEdit and get all the text and photo URLs ready to go then copy and past it into a new topic when I'm ready to post.

Yes, that has been my workaround, too. But of course a "save" option would have been more comfortable.
Well, I think I'll get over it... :wink:

Edited by Sven J
typo

I agree, that would be a helpful feature. I've used many different web forums but cannot recall seeing a save button anywhere.