UsernameGeri

[MOC] T-47 Airspeeder

Hello everyone!

First post here. This is my T-47 MOC

It's an original design, but of course I was inspired by previous custom T-47s, such as Larry Lars', FlyingWaffle's and Brickdoctor's. The T-47 is possibly my favorite Star Wars vehicle, so I always wanted to make my own, and I'm very happy with the final result.

T-47 Airspeeder 4T-47 Airspeeder 5T-47 Airspeeder 10T-47 Airspeeder 12T-47 Airspeeder 13

More images can be seen at my flickr album: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzXdbh
I hope you like it!

-UsernameGeri

Looks great! A lot of these details and techniques remind me of the UCS model, but somehow you crammed it all into a ship a fraction of the size!

Just now, ForgedInLego said:

Looks great! A lot of these details and techniques remind me of the UCS model, but somehow you crammed it all into a ship a fraction of the size!

Yeah the 2017 UCS version was another clear inspiration for me. Most notable is how the bottom flaps connect to the body, and the upside-down panels below the wings.

Looks fantastic! Nice attention to detail. It's been a long time since I've seen such a beautiful rendition of the T-47.

Is this minifig scale? Maybe a little too large for that? Obviously you need some space to fit all those movable bits.

1 hour ago, l0renZo said:

Looks fantastic! Nice attention to detail. It's been a long time since I've seen such a beautiful rendition of the T-47.

Is this minifig scale? Maybe a little too large for that? Obviously you need some space to fit all those movable bits.

It's probably about 1.25x minifig scale I'd guess. It's honestly hard to tell, since minifig proportions are very skewed, and capturing the proportions 1:1 is nigh on impossible. 

Just now, Themiddlebrick said:

Really nice, I've been wanting to add a T-47 to my collection, I might just have to build yours!

Thanks! I made sure the model is really sturdy while being as accurate as I could manage.