Garmadon

Eslandola Mini-Challenge: The Return of the King

After years of stagnation under the Colonial Council, Eslandola's politics have suddenly got interesting.  King Fernando has done the unexpected once more, and with Count Lewisham now exposed and hanging by his toes, the Colonial Council is scrambling to find it's path again.  Will the Council remain in charge of Eslandola's politics or will King Fernando retake the reigns?  Or will we see yet another party take control?  The future of Eslandola hangs in the balance!

Your challenge: support one of the 5 parties listed below by prominently and creatively featuring their color in a build that fits one of the two categories (also listed below).

The Parties:

Colonial Council--this party represents the status quo.  Elections whenever we get around to them, an occasional tax raise, and long-winded comments in the Colonial Council thread.  The Colonial Council's color is DARK GREEN.

Count Lewisham--despite being temporarily unable to fill his office, Count Lewisham can still count on lots of support from those who have benefited by his handouts and want to see them continue.  The Count's color is BLACK.

King Fernando--is it time for Eslandola to go back to the good old fashioned monarchy?  King Fernando's party longs to see a strong, unified leader in charge of Eslandola's politics once again.  King Fernando's color is GREEN.

Spoiler

The following parties are just for fun.  If one of these wins the challenge, they will be incorporated into the governmental structure of whichever of the first three parties comes in second. 

Pnence!--this party calls urgently for monetary reform, clamoring loudly for gwuinees!  The Pnence color is GOLD.

Tea and Cakes--this party believes that the true power of Eslandola resides in its women!  The Tea and Cakes color is MAGENTA. 

Please note: no matter what party wins, Eslandola will still in "out of character" terms be guided by its leaders, Capt Wolf and Garmadon.  This current challenge is meant to determine the "in character" structure of Eslandola's government.

Category A: The Leaders

Every movement needs leaders.  Who is at the forefront of your party?  (You may either create a new character or use a current character of your own.)  Show us your leader on a 12x12 vignette and don't forget to creatively include your party color!  

Prize: 3 minifigures and the title Eslandola's King-Maker.

2022%207-05%20Prizes%20%281%29.JPG

Category B: The Vision

Every movement has a vision.  What would the new Eslandola look like if your party takes control?  You have 32x32 studs to convince us that we need what your party has to offer.  Ideas include, new parks, monuments, busy ports of trade, libraries or universities, and so forth--and don't forget to creatively include your party's color!  You are free to license entries to this category following EGS rules.  

Prizes: 1st Place, parts pack (below) + free license for your entry. 

2022%207-05%20Prizes%20%282%29.JPG

2nd place, parts pack (below) + free license for your entry.

2022%207-05%20Prizes%20%283%29.JPG

Rules:

--One entry per party per category per player.  You may enter for as many parties as you like, but you may not enter twice for any party in the same category.
--Category winners will be determined by the judges, @Kai NRG, @Garmadon, and @Captain Braunsfeld.  These three builders will be able to enter and their entries will count towards party points, but will not be eligible to win.
--The winning party will be determined by a point system.  Every entry built by an Eslandian counts for 5 points for their chosen party.  Every entry built by a non-Eslandian counts as 1 point for their chosen party.  We feel that Eslandians ought to have the most say in the decision on how Eslandola's government is structured, but we want everyone to be able to participate.
--Third-party parts, string, cloth sails, and digital entries are allowed.
--Deadline: September 1st, 6 PM central time.
--Post a link to your entry in this thread.  You must also specify which party and category you are entering.
--Reasonable overhang is allowed for all categories.

Let us know if you have any questions in this thread and happy building!

That sounds like a fun competition. Can I license the property only in Nova Terreli? Can I license the property in Damaborg?

5 minutes ago, NOD said:

That sounds like a fun competition. Can I license the property only in Nova Terreli? Can I license the property in Damaborg?

Yep, you can place and licence your build in any Eslandolan settlement :pir-huzzah2:  Hope you enjoy it, looking forward to your build(s)!

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

And where have all the monkeys gone? Long time passing...

:pir-laugh: :pir-laugh: :pir-laugh:

[SR- Eslandola Mini-Challenge, Category A] Don Antonio Slavik Barón de Mendoza

Category A: The Leaders

Count Lewisham party

52204617675_f76d00d1d5_b.jpgCategory A Anton Slavik 2 by Philippe, auf Flickr

[SR- Eslandola Mini-Challenge, Category B] Freedom Tower

Category B: The Vision

Count Lewisham party

Art and Culture: Medium Freedom Tower

52227532107_aa0b7a8642_b.jpgIndependence Square 02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

I ask for a friend.

Category B: The Vision Prizes

I see spiders on the price. :pir-sick: It was probably a mistake. :pir-sceptic: Do the winners get cute Gwuinees? :pir-huzzah2:

15 hours ago, NOD said:

I ask for a friend.

Category B: The Vision Prizes

I see spiders on the price. :pir-sick: It was probably a mistake. :pir-sceptic: Do the winners get cute Gwuinees? :pir-huzzah2:

:laugh:  I haven't got any of the "real" Gwuinees, I might be able to sneak something cute and furry in there though if I remember to pick some up. :pir-grin:

17 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I might be able to sneak something cute and furry in there though if I remember to pick some up. :pir-grin:

But... but... spiders are cute and furry - especially the big ones! :pir-oh:

On 7/28/2022 at 3:23 AM, Darnok said:

But... but... spiders are cute and furry - especially the big ones! :pir-oh:

Man, you really can't please everyone can you! 

:pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Next thing is, people will be asking for a goat!!!

Like this? :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Like this? :pir-grin:

Yes, especially the small ones. They currently sell at Bricklink for over 60$ per piece. That is absolutely insane.

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Yes, especially the small ones. They currently sell at Bricklink for over 60$ per piece. That is absolutely insane.

I know. I'm lucky to have two. I looked on Bricklink awhile back thinking I'd pick up some more only to discover that I would not be doing so!

Wow, hard to believe it's been a decade since those came out. Maybe we'll get a goatherd in a CMF line to take a little of the pressure off.