legomanijak

[MOC] Lego minifig scale Gligorije Vozarović library, Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia

A minifig scale replica of the Sremska Mitrovica library. Around 5000 bricks were used to build this MOC. First a picture of the real thing for comparison.

mitrovica.jpg

52191446223_5bbb941855_c.jpgLego minifig scale Gligorije Vozarović library, Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia by legomanijak, on Flickr

52191686254_355047a83a_c.jpgLego minifig scale Gligorije Vozarović library, Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia by legomanijak, on Flickr

52191446118_abcc18b13f_c.jpgLego minifig scale Gligorije Vozarović library, Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia by legomanijak, on Flickr

52191686169_74191e0022_c.jpgLego minifig scale Gligorije Vozarović library, Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia by legomanijak, on Flickr

Edited by legomanijak

Very well done! The roof of the tower looks awesome! I love the addition of the flower baskets hanging on the tower for some extra color.
The only thing that you could improve is the rectangular building, compared to the tower it lacks (some) details.
You could for example add the chimneys on the roof and maybe the drainpipe, to make it more on a par with the details of the amazing tower section.

11 hours ago, Interstellar SKUNK Works said:

Great job, I can tell a lot of time went into all that shaping. The roof is slick!

As always, making anything round with Lego takes a bit of time. Glad you like it!

8 hours ago, bnesty said:

Luka, great work, congratulation !

Many thanks!

7 hours ago, ChrisO said:
Very well done! The roof of the tower looks awesome! I love the addition of the flower baskets hanging on the tower for some extra color.
The only thing that you could improve is the rectangular building, compared to the tower it lacks (some) details.
You could for example add the chimneys on the roof and maybe the drainpipe, to make it more on a par with the details of the amazing tower section.

Good observations and excellent advice. The round part of the building was certainly my main focus and I clearly forgot to do some things like adding chimneys on the rectangular ones.

Lovely build!
I particularly like the top of the tower.
The odd angles (non-90-degree) are always a challenge and in this case it is very well executed.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

Fantastic build, I'm loving the tiny details and the life in the build. And as pointed out above, great job dealing with the angles and round structure.

Btw I've actually been to Sremska Mitrovica one year ago, so it makes it even cooler to see a build from there :pir-classic:

Edited by Ultimo

The domed roof on the main tower is really quite something! I also especially like the different shades of brown you used on the walls. Great work!

On 7/13/2022 at 9:15 AM, Withacee said:

Lovely build!
I particularly like the top of the tower.
The odd angles (non-90-degree) are always a challenge and in this case it is very well executed.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

Thank you! Yes, it's a challenge but it's also the most fun.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:52 PM, Ultimo said:

Fantastic build, I'm loving the tiny details and the life in the build. And as pointed out above, great job dealing with the angles and round structure.

Btw I've actually been to Sremska Mitrovica one year ago, so it makes it even cooler to see a build from there :pir-classic:

Thanks a bunch! What a coincidence, hope you managed to recognise it without reading the title :classic:

On 7/15/2022 at 10:37 AM, tiledfloor said:

The domed roof on the main tower is really quite something! I also especially like the different shades of brown you used on the walls. Great work!

Glad you like it! The roof was actually one of the quickest things to make on the entire building and yet apparently it turned out the best :laugh:

On 7/18/2022 at 2:51 PM, MontyMatte said:

Awesome. Especially like your roof. How did you make this?

Thanks! I first built it in LDD to see how many of which parts I'd need and then later when I got all the pieces together I got to actually putting them together.

On 7/18/2022 at 7:16 PM, noahtheb said:

The domed roof is exquisite, and the fact that everything is built at an angle amazes me.

The angles were the thing that made me decide to recreate this particular building. Glad you like it!