Sign in to follow this  
SalvoBrick

10 years of Brickville, my modular city

Ten years ago I started my actual modular city, named Brickville, made exclusively of MOCs.

After ten years a lot has changed, I had to split the diorama in two separate ones: one exclusively city and the other with train.

Here's how Brickville has changed in 10 years...

52188292761_c44a274182_o_d.jpg

And here's the train diorama. Unfortunately I can't unite the two dioramas for space reasons.

52189075367_f97e2c313f_o_d.jpg

If you're interested I can post more pictures :)

On 7/4/2022 at 12:15 AM, Murdoch17 said:

Look awesome, and I'm very interested in more: post away!

Except you, it seems that nobody is interested in my city here 🤷‍♂️

Well, I'll continue to upload new stuff on flickr as usual!

Edited by SalvoBrick

2 hours ago, SalvoBrick said:

Except you, it seems that nobody is interested in my city here 🤷‍♂️

Well, I'll continue to upload new stuff on flick as usual!

Not many really comment on my stuff either. Don't be discouraged, you kinda have to look at view counts to see how popular the topic is. This topic currently has 296 views, which is better than a few of mine!

Hi SalvoBrick,

Your city looked great 10 years ago and even better now.
I have great respect for the fact that your original lay-out completely consists of MOCs.

Those rows of houses in the 2012 version look terrific!
I recognise a few LEGO City sets (or MODs?) in the later lay-out, which is great, too.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

Really enjoyed seeing the evolution of your City @SalvoBrick!

It does show how much the Lego colour palate has changed. I love the fact that the majority of the buildings appear to be your own designs too - very neat!

On 7/11/2022 at 10:12 PM, lifeinplastic said:

t does show how much the Lego colour palate has changed

I never realised that initially, looking at the pictures, but you are absolutely right!

Congratulations on the 10 years of Brickville, @SalvoBrick!

For the past years, I have not been overly active here on EuroBricks. I can see that from the changes that have happened to Brickville. I do remember your distinct building style, and see that you still build in the same size. I think this size is a perfect compromise between the classic Town/City and Modular buildings. You still can get a layout with a variety of buildings, even though you do not have an enormous LEGO room.

An answer for everyone: 😊

- all buildings are my own creations: a few migth be inspired in some details to something I've seen on the web, but the original idea is mine;

- I try to use all the available bricks before eventually buying more. Usually I don't plan the building using cad programs like LDD or Studio, except a few buuldings, like the store, the cinema and the tan house with the red roof.

- All the building will never be finished; I'll always find some detail I can change: that's the fun for me :)

- Due to limited space, I have two dioramas, one city and the other train, each one is 4 x 8 baseplates. Theorically they can be combined to one 8 x 8 but I don't have enough space in my apartment

- The weird color palette is due to the fact that in the beginning I had a lot of blue or yellow bricks, so I have blue and yellow buildings

Hope it helps. 

More updates on my Flickr gallery (see signature) and maybe here too 😉

It's great to see your city. I love how cheerful it is, thanks to the colorful nature of the buildings.

I wish you a lot of fun enjoying Brickville!

i like the mocs, could you post more and more detailed stuff. Love cities without the expensive allreadyready crap...

following your flickr now. where do you get the stickers?

Edited by georgeaxe2000

I like seeing custom Cities as well, regardless of scale, Town, City, Modular, 3-in-1, Friends etc. 

Those are some nice custom buildings, even the 2012 version.

Personally I don't mind the brighter "classic" colors for buildings, 2019 LEGO Movie 2 Emmet's house was one of my favorite recent house sets just due how classic and colorful it is.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 7/17/2022 at 7:25 PM, georgeaxe2000 said:

where do you get the stickers?

I printed by myself on adhesive paper