Hi there, here is my latest build - Brian's Toyota Supra MK IV.

800x533.jpg

Scale: 1:12
It has the same scale as 42111 "Dom's Dodge Charger" set

800x533.jpg

Features:
- RC controlled (driving and steering)
- 2 L-motors for driving
- 1 L-motor for steering
- Openable doors and hood
- Modular building (the chassis and the body are built separately)
- Doors are supplied with shock absorbers which helps to hold the doors in open/close state.

800x533.jpg

I recommend to use "BrickController 2" app for better experience.

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Free stickers are available to download, you can find it on my BrickSafe page. I printed all black logos on transparent self-adhesive film and printed colored prints on white self-adhesive film.

Edited by ArtemyZotov

The front part is insanely good recreated. The macaroni-piece really helps. Great work!

I've seen this one coming up on FB and was totally amazed (even though I am not much of a supercar fan). The bodywork is the best one I have ever seen for a technic car, it mixes technic and studded elements very nicely, I especially like the way the doors are built, it gives it such a clean look (though the stickers also help a bit :) ), and the way the fenders are integrated is so seamless. But then there's the internals, the electronics placement is genius, the way the various drivetrains pass by the motors, and the way the whole thing gives it a nice backbone. And on top of that the battery is also quite well hidden. Great work on that! The drive footage is also cool, it has quite good steering radius too.

I wonder how you built the door such that it opens without the parts blocking each other. Is there some trick in the hinge mechanism (besides the springs)?

Amazing model! I wish Lego could make $100-range Technic sets look as good as this.

No 2JZ engine though. Wish it was possible to add a fake engine.

2 hours ago, StudWorks said:

Amazing model! I wish Lego could make $100-range Technic sets look as good as this.

Agreed.

This is indeed the best JZA80 Supra on Rebrickable! :thumbup: I remember one in a smaller scale (42093 scale) from some Russian contest some years ago, but I believe this one looks even better. I would have loved the rear a little more rounded though. :classic:

Maybe a rendering together with @efferman's Charger would be a great addition here.

I am not a big fan of the A80, especially the roofless version adding even more weight to an alredy heavy chassis. It is still a very cool car, but not one of my favorites.

But I do think you recreated the real car very well. I like the mix of system and Technic, which is something I like to do myself. The car is instantly recognizable and all the important bodylines have been captured. Well done m8!

On 7/4/2022 at 2:56 PM, gyenesvi said:

I wonder how you built the door such that it opens without the parts blocking each other. Is there some trick in the hinge mechanism (besides the springs)?

There is no secret, it's an ordinary hinge with one vertical axle of rotating, a L-shape beam just helps limit the opening angle of the door.

Thank you all for your kind words! 

Tremendous job :thumbup:! Love the overall authentic appearance and the nice diy sticker application :wub:.

Did you consider to use some CaDA electronics and/or offer the design to them?

On 7/6/2022 at 10:00 PM, ArtemyZotov said:

There is no secret, it's an ordinary hinge with one vertical axle of rotating

Hmm, surly there's some slight trickery compared to an ordinary technic door hinge, since I don't see the hinge from the outside, the vertical axis or rotation does not seem to be on the outside surface of the door on the video when you open it. And now that I looked more closely I can see why you use some plates in stead of another 5L beam right in front of the door: to make a tiny gap for the opening; that's a nice one. But still don't get where the hinge axis is.

On 7/13/2022 at 1:08 AM, brunojj1 said:

Tremendous job :thumbup:! Love the overall authentic appearance and the nice diy sticker application :wub:.

Did you consider to use some CaDA electronics and/or offer the design to them?

I asked them and they answered that they ain't interested in this design.

Edited by ArtemyZotov

The front looks almost perfect imo, but the rear  stacked wedge pieces don't quite work for me, maybe a small panel faring (no 22) would work a bit better? Also it is at times like these when I wish the most that LEGO made much smaller battery housings for their RC motors. excellent work regardless!