Sign in to follow this  
omnihash_cz

[SR-FB] - Swamp village, Sabre island

Just a regular day in the village of chief Kahuka

52190612861_b365a7113b_o.png

It's just right temperature for the eel fishing under that big rock. Hopefully there will be some eel stew for today's supper.

52191100725_ccfceed9dd_o.png

The double rope bridge is the main and only dry entrance to the village. Kahuka's daughter Kotuna is on the guard duty in the old tree fortress.

52190633118_97192a8396_o.png

...so Kahuka can properly take care of his chickens.

52189603282_9531c1f51a_o.png

After all two scrambled eggs for breakfast is the best start of the day!

52190872059_1a804a5f6b_o.png

52189605287_11ca968c42_o.png

52190873329_a6cea4cca1_o.png

Very nice and varied diorama. I like the architecture of the different wooden huts.

Excellent build, a great scene to look at! The baseplate and minifigs are a great nod to some true classics, and the buildings look just awesome. Well done!

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Excellent build, a great scene to look at! The baseplate and minifigs are a great nod to some true classics, and the buildings look just awesome. Well done!

Yeah, I was always envy to my downstairs neighbour with the original islanders set. Now I have TWO rope bridges, in your face, David!

Great color choices and awesome build, mate!  The treehouse in the middle connecting everything is perfect, and the use of that baseplate too :pir-classic:

You nailed the classic feel perfectly. I love the telephone handles along the hut wall.

I'm gonna add this on my to-do list for Classic-Pirates. :pir-huzzah2:

Hooooray…i simply love it.

the whole color scheme is very natural.
I especially like the old palm parts. and on the house the "green round boundaries" (balls)
Fantastic 

23 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

Hooooray…i simply love it.

the whole color scheme is very natural.
I especially like the old palm parts. and on the house the "green round boundaries" (balls)
Fantastic 

Old palms are the best palms! I mean I too love this nowadays 'realistic' lego look with smooth faces and SNOT layers etc. but I truly admire these old sets. Anyone can throw 100 bricks to a tree to get the great look but I think the true mastery and spirit of the children's toy is to capture the idea in just couple shapes. The modern palm in the big version with multishaded leaves and an inverted bush is excellent but I think as a kid I would enjoy this simple one way more.

This is really neat, love the use of rarer colors like olive and light nougat.  The grill tiles also work very well for this style of hut!

Nice to see some native styles get some love! I absolutely adore this setup - many nice details all around, and the overall aesthetic is excellent. Only piece of feedback is that the renders are a bit shiny. No clue how to handle it, but maybe someone can offer some advice? :)

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Nice to see some native styles get some love! I absolutely adore this setup - many nice details all around, and the overall aesthetic is excellent. Only piece of feedback is that the renders are a bit shiny. No clue how to handle it, but maybe someone can offer some advice? :)

Yeah, I noticed too but did not find any setting how to tackle it. There is UV light damage possibility which take the glance down, but also messes with the colors.