Sign in to follow this  
Piraten

[LEGO IDEAS] Caswell Point

blogged.png

Hi Everybody 

Should we make a final push before the Trading Outpots expires on Lego Ideas ? https://ideas.lego.com/projects/01016b9e-4de9-420d-a7ff-55471f96c451 We still need more pirate themed sets. So vote for the love of the almighty gods of the caribbean !! :) 

I have been busy for a while.. And later this year I can tell and share why :) Have been builind a lot but not on my pirate projects, and my crown is also on display in Legoland Billund. So pleny Lego-things overall. Sadly not much on Eurobricks. But now I,m back :) 

The project is ready for the Skærbæk Fanweeknd in the fall and it will be on display with plenty other projects and off course the pirateboi and the soldier. So I hope that I will see some of the members from Eurobricks.

Actually this is the most playable build i have made for a long time and still love the details and secrets. Will use some off the ideas in my next projects. 

IMG_4159IMG_4169IMG_4172

IMG_4176

blogged.png

SUPPORT NOW

2 hours ago, Piraten said:

Should we make a final push before the Trading Outpots expires on Lego Ideas ? https://ideas.lego.com/projects/01016b9e-4de9-420d-a7ff-55471f96c451 We still need more pirate themed sets. So vote for the love of the almighty gods of the caribbean !! :) 

We can try!

But unfortunately you're not even to the half way point.  You're not even half way to the half way point.

In fact, you've only just crossed half way to half way of the half way point.

1 minute ago, Mister Phes said:

We can try!

But unfortunately you're not even to the half way point.  You're not even half way to the half way point.

In fact, you've only just crossed half way to half way of the half way point.

I know. But if I don't try.. ;) 

1 minute ago, Piraten said:

I know. But if I don't try.. ;) 

We might be able to make a blog post within the next 90 days.

@Marooned Marin, do we have someone who can work on a blog post for this before it expires?

Just now, Mister Phes said:

We might be able to make a blog post within the next 90 days.

@Marooned Marin, do we have someone who can work on a blog post for this before it expires?

I also have some updates on the fortress soon.. :) Marin texted me couple weeks ago also. 

Just now, Piraten said:

I also have some updates on the fortress soon.. :) Marin texted me couple weeks ago also. 

Realistically, if there was another Pirate Submission to cross the 10K mark, it would be this.

3 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Realistically, if there was another Pirate Submission to cross the 10K mark, it would be this.

I think it will. But sadly its to similar to the other projects he make. But its good and a new take. 

Edited by Piraten

Ahoy @Piraten how good to see you back where you belong :pir-huzzah2:

This is good looking build, and even if it's not even half way to the half way point it's a long shot to reach next milestone, this certainly deserves to be covered on our fine and much beloved blog, regardless of the current LEGO Ideas status.

Yes, @Mister Phes, someone will take a stab at this ASAP.

If I remember correctly, this project was doomed from the start on LEGO Ideas, they first rejected you due to the too much similarities to the Barracuda bay? (yes... the similarities are just staggering)

rejeceted.thumb.JPG.7031aab1ab55cd843226f785edb229ec.JPG

9 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

If I remember correctly, this project was doomed from the start on LEGO Ideas, they first rejected you due to the too much similarities to the Barracuda bay? (yes... the similarities are just staggering)

Aye, that memory is correct.

But that was a couple of years ago now and in the time since, they've stopped using that reason. Is it because we made some noise about the fact Imperial creations are vastly different to straightforward Pirate creations? Or did they arrive at that realisation themselves? We may never know.

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Is it because we made some noise about the

Best we continue to make intolerable noise, who knows, maybe they do bring back the Pirates.

@Piraten I have a question: what does this button brick do? Is it a way to open secret gate inside?

IMG_4902

4 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Best we continue to make intolerable noise, who knows, maybe they do bring back the Pirates.

Aye aye, Master! I'm working on some noise now! :pir-skel:

22 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Yes, @Mister Phes, someone will take a stab at this ASAP.

Is @Jack Sassy still in the business of blogging?

I have not the pleasure of reading one of his posts for some time. :pir-classic:

58 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Last time I saw him he entered "Pirate-tavern" draft post... and never came out. :pir-huzzah1:

I'm stabbing this one for now.

8 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

I'm stabbing this one for now.

As ye wish! I didn't want to overload yer given yer've done a generous chunk of fantastic work lately! :pir-triumph:

6 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

@Piraten I have a question: what does this button brick do? Is it a way to open secret gate inside?

IMG_4902

Yes its a secret treasure chamber. The old guy is just hiding all of the gold. If you look in the treasurechest there is a coin or two.

Just now, Marooned Marin said:

@Piraten

So by pushing the bricks the front rock-wall opens?

What happens when you push this brick? :pir-classic:

The door inside will just slide away. In the other end of the build at the canon the is pin popped out that you can pull and use to press the door back on place. 

I think the photos is on flicker. will find them later. 

Just now, Piraten said:

We're brewing up some LEGO Pirate love for you, Piraten! :pir-wub:

Just now, Mister Phes said:

We're brewing up some LEGO Pirate love for you, Piraten! :pir-wub:

Pure Pirate love !!!! Wait and see what Im doing to the Fortress. :) Plenty of brick-love. 

3 minutes ago, Piraten said:

Found it!

IMG_4905

That's a clever design! :pir-thumb:

12 minutes ago, Piraten said:

Pure Pirate love !!!! Wait and see what Im doing to the Fortress. :) Plenty of brick-love. 

Also, was there previously a topic for this MOC somewhere in the forum?

14 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank ye!  There may be a merging of the topics at some point.  But it's almost 4 in the morning here so time for me to slumber!

Sleep well :)

22 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I am, though quite poorly at the moment. But if everything is to go according to me plans, I shall get rather active soon!

34 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

I am, though quite poorly at the moment.

Are ye alright, Jack?