Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 80037 Dragon of the East

Here is my review on Monkie Kid 80037 Dragon of the East:

THE GOOD:

• The dragon is looking great and bigger than I was expecting.
  • Very cool building experience for the dragon.
  • Love the dragon's tail movement.
  • Excellent Minifigures.
  • Good design on the villain's vehicle with the mouth of the manta ray the highlight.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Depending on your taste, Monkie Kid's submarine ride can look a bit weird.

I ended up liking this set a lot more than I originally have thought.  Initially I bought this set for the Dragon of the East minifigure and this is a good set for me to get to the Forest Hideout GWP threshold since this is only available via Lego.com in NZ.  I'm really impressed by the Dragon build, from pictures I was worried it will be looking weird to have an UFO as a Dragon body but the way it's being designed it's clearly a saddle to host the smaller submarine then being part of a dragon mech.  I had a great time building it.  Especially the head and tail are amazing, the tail movement though is impressive.  Now I really want a full dragon build with this techniques.  Decent side builds and I really like how the villain's ride looks like a real manta ray.  As usual, Monkie Kid sets come with excellent minifigure, the Dragon of the East minifigure is excellent with very cool new parts.  LEGO PLEASE MAKE NEW PARTS AVAILABLE via B&P again please, I want more of this parts.  Price wise, this set aint't that pricey to be honest and is a set I definitely recommend to anyone especially if you looking to build a really cool dragon!