Oky

[M4-22 - 12x12 Vignette] – Departing Otoh Gunga

Heyo dalee! Mesa Oky Oky Binks. My can taken yousa to Otoh Gunga. Tis hidden city and da most safest place on Naboo. Yousa follow me now okyday?

52184719697_c7d57f5938_z.jpg 52185751003_92cb82a326_z.jpg

One of the many things that don't get enough love in the prequels is the design of the Gungan city, Otoh Gunga. With all its glowing orbs and the angelic John Williams music playing, I can't help but feel a sense of wonder every time I see it. This vignette depicts the scene in The Phantom Menace where Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui Gon Jin and Jar Jar Binks take a Bongo sub to travel to Theed and includes a light brick inside the main bubble. Here is a reference image:

otoh-bio-1_3e6514e7.jpeg?region=171,82,9

Great job capturing the majesty of Otoh Gunga, love the lighting on the edited shot especially! The sai on the main dome are also perfect

Brilliant build! Otoh Gunga is an underrated setting, I hadn't given it much thought until playing through The Skywalker Saga game but the design is majestic and unique. I love all the different sphere piece used and the mini tribubble bongo ship captures the shape perfectly for the scale. 

The way you use parts here is really astonishing. everything from the harry potter wands to the zamor spheres to the sais... there have been some really good submissions, but if I had to put my money on it, this would be the winner for the 12x12 category.

I'm guessing those sais and zamors might not be make this the most stable build, but I mean hey, it's not a 6-12 set, it doesn't need to be.

This is just a great and creative build on such a small footprint... Impressive!

Edited by dvogon