Umbra-Manis

[M4 - 22 - Purist Minifigures] Galactic Food Service

The millions of lifeforms in the galaxy all need to eat (for the most part), and providing that food takes on many forms. From a prestigious dining establishment on Canto Bight to the streets of Mos Espa, many a food is prepared and delivered by a diverse group of lifeforms. 

Galactic Food Service

From L-R: Klatoonian Butcher, Umbaran Chef, Weequay Waiter, Sullustan Street Food Vendor, and Pizza Jawa

Galactic Food Service

All the parts used exist in the colors depicted, and additional pictures of some of the supporting builds can be found in the spoiler. Thanks for looking!

Spoiler
Sullustan Street Food VendorJawa Pizza

4 hours ago, Ephseb said:

very cool! Where's the pink head from?

Thank you! It's from the Ghostbusters Library Ghost, I decided to go with that instead of the clone wars Umbaran head because of the eyes

That's a very fun idea! I wasn't expecting to see a digital purist minifigure submission, but since the parts all exist in those colors, why not? They all feel accurate to their species as well (is that species-ist?). Obviously the klatoonian butcher is something we've seen in canon, but I get the Umbaran chef (cold and calculating, it makes more sense they'd be behind a Michelin star restaurant than, say, a delivery guy). The Weequay obviously works at a Hutt shell restaurant, or perhaps is a waiter at one of their palaces, the sullustan street vendor feels right out of the sullust description from the 2015 battlefront book, and that pizza jawa...of course.  I can't explain why that one works, but I feel in my heard that it's a Jawa profession. If this was just member voting (which I totally thought it was for like half the contest, I need to read the instructions better apparently), I think this would definately have my vote.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:44 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

That's a very fun idea! I wasn't expecting to see a digital purist minifigure submission, but since the parts all exist in those colors, why not? They all feel accurate to their species as well (is that species-ist?). Obviously the klatoonian butcher is something we've seen in canon, but I get the Umbaran chef (cold and calculating, it makes more sense they'd be behind a Michelin star restaurant than, say, a delivery guy). The Weequay obviously works at a Hutt shell restaurant, or perhaps is a waiter at one of their palaces, the sullustan street vendor feels right out of the sullust description from the 2015 battlefront book, and that pizza jawa...of course.  I can't explain why that one works, but I feel in my heard that it's a Jawa profession. If this was just member voting (which I totally thought it was for like half the contest, I need to read the instructions better apparently), I think this would definately have my vote.

Thank you so much! The idea definitely started with a butcher and the Umbaran as a high end chef, and I'm glad I somehow captured Sullust without ever having read that book :grin: