Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[GoC] Digging into the jungle?

In the swampy hinterlands of Stormhaven, many months ago.

Not too long before, Golden Jack had arrived on Serentia. His orders were clear: exploring the island, searching for gold. So here he was, in the shallow waters of the mangrove swamps...

XzRNuXj.jpg

... you better not think about what lurks below the water line - just imagine all the gold you could find instead!

Aa1HVCU.jpg

Who knows how long such journeys last? Was time not relative anyway? Maybe it took him days, maybe months, but Jack found something worth inspecting:

dBLSgxB.jpg

Digging into the jungle grounds might be unnecessary, for a strange earth was open to see among the mangroves. The question now: what was it? Gold at last?

0q7PoCi.jpg

=========================================================================

Both an entry for the GoC "Mangrov Madness" task, as well as a prospecting build (calling @Ayrlego).

@Ayrlego @Bregir @Captain Dee @SilentWolf @LM71Blackbird @evancelt: This is my second "Mangrove Madness" build, outside of the settlement.

Edited by Darnok

Well made photos as he first wades in the water and then starts digging in the jungle. Jack seems to be a sympathetic and kind man. I'm curious what he finds.

Nice depiction of the mangroves Darnok. Looks like the strange dirt is not gold, but almost as valuable - congratulations on striking silver.

9 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice depiction of the mangroves Darnok. Looks like the strange dirt is not gold, but almost as valuable - congratulations on striking silver.

Sweet! :pir-sweet:

The Crown will be pleased to know that the WTC has plans to make their mining venture profitable for both sides.

And poor ol' Jacks quest for gold continues...

Looking good, @Darnok! Do you have a picture of the whole build you could share? GoC builds have a minimum size of 20x20 and I think you've met that, but would love to see the whole thing together! Thanks

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Looking good, @Darnok! Do you have a picture of the whole build you could share? GoC builds have a minimum size of 20x20 and I think you've met that, but would love to see the whole thing together! Thanks

Ha, I actually did not even consider the size of the builds - thank you for the reminder! :pir-classic:

The "jungle scene" is on a 16x16 plate:

G32yVyb.jpg

While I do not have more pictures of the "water scene" - and that part being taken apart again already :pir-look: - you can see on the original pictures above it is bigger than 12x12, which would make up the difference to 20x20.

I will be more considerate of the size in future builds!

Thanks! I especially like your use of the torso on top of the trans tiles in the first part of the build - looks great! Hopefully the barracuda aren't too hungry or too big :pir_laugh2:

Both builds do a good job of capturing a wild, lush landscape. The nougats and dark orange look good for clay-y soils. A :thumbup: for GoC from me

Congrats on striking silver!

Nice looking mangrove and very cool "action shots"! I like these full Lego shots. The mangrove and the small waves are nice details.

A :thumbup: from me.

(PS. Technically, GoC builds should be kept assembled until feedback is given, as reviewers may request improvements. Just a general reminder to avoid issues in the future for builders)